- Volume 12 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Design of Calculable Standard Dipole Antennas in the Frequency Range of 1~3 GHz
- Kim, Ki-Chai (Department of Electrical Engineering, Yeungnam University) ;
- Kim, Sang-Myeong (Department of Electrical Engineering, Yeungnam University) ;
- Kwon, Jae-Yong (Center for Electromagnetic Wave, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science (KRISS)) ;
- Kang, Tae-Weon (Center for Electromagnetic Wave, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science (KRISS)) ;
- Kim, Jeong-Hwan (Center for Electromagnetic Wave, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science (KRISS))
- Received : 2011.08.25
- Accepted : 2012.02.20
- Published : 2012.03.31
This paper presents the design of a calculable standard dipole antenna with a hybrid balun in the frequency range of 1 GHz to 3 GHz. A new formula of the antenna factor for a dipole antenna with a hybrid balun is derived using the power mismatch-loss concept. The antenna factors derived in this paper are in good agreement with the results calculated from S-parameters. The design results show that the calculable dipole antenna with a hybrid balun can be characterized by power mismatch-loss component factors.
Calculable Dipole Antenna;Antenna Factor;Method of Moments;Hybrid Balun
- M. J. Salter, M. J. Alexander, "EMC antenna calibration and the design of an open-field site," J. Phys. E, Meas. Technol., vol. 2, pp. 510-519, 1991.
- M. J. Salter, M. J. Alexander, "Low measurement uncertainties in the frequency range 30 MHz to 1 GHz using a calculable standard dipole antenna and national reference ground plane," IEE Proc. Sci. Meas. Technol., vol. 143, no. 4, pp. 221-228, Jul. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-smt:19960606
- M. J. Alexander, M. J. Salter, B. Loader, and D. Knight, "Broadband calculable dipole reference antennas," IEEE Trans. Electromag. Compat., vol. EMC-44, no. 1, pp. 45-58, Feb. 2002.
- T. Morioka, "Uncertainty of free-space dipole antenna factor from 1 GHz to 2 GHz," IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas., vol. IM-58, no. 4, pp. 1135-1140, Apr. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2008.2008460
- W. S. Bennett, "Properly applied antenna factors," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., vol. EMC-28, no.1, pp. 2-6, Feb. 1986.
- K. C. Kim, T. Iwasaki, "Complex antenna factors of resistor loaded dipole antennas with coaxial cable Balun," IEICE Trans. Commun., vol. E89-B, no. 4, pp. 1467-1471, Apr. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1093/ietcom/e89-b.4.1467
- R. W. P. King, Tables of Antenna Characteristics, Plenum Press, 1971.
- Ki-Chai Kim, Sang-Myeong Kim, Ki-Chul Kim, Jae-Yong Kwon, Tae-Weon Kang, and Jeong-Hwan Kim, "A comparison of antenna factor characteristics for a calculable dipole antenna by MoM and EMF method," KIEES Journal, to be Published.
- Broadband calculable dipole reference antenna in the 1 GHz to 3 GHz frequency range vol.12, pp.17, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1587/elex.12.20150622