- Volume 12 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Spectrum Sensing in a Cognitive Body Area Network: Detection of a Bonded Channel in the MICS Band
- Ahn, Chun-Su (Dept. of Electronics Computer Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Choi, Jae-Hoon (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Sun-Woo (Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2011.11.24
- Accepted : 2012.01.30
- Published : 2012.03.31
In this paper, we present a novel algorithm for detecting a bonded channel in a cognitive radio network where channel bonding is allowed for a higher data rate. The envelope detection algorithm is proposed to distinguish the center frequency of the received signal in order to determine whether the signal is transmitted by a primary user occupying a single channel or a secondary user occupying more than two channels when the channel is in use.
Cognitive Radio;Spectrum Sensing;Channel Bonding;WBAN
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- FCC, "The personal radio services," FCC Part95.628 MedRadio Transmitters, vol. 56, no. 7, pp. 1032-1037, 2009.
- Y. Lu, H. He, J. Wang, and S. Li, "Opportunistic spectrum access and channel bonding," in Proc. ChinaCom, Xian, China, pp. 1-5, Aug. 2009.
- L. Jiao, V. Pla, and F. Li, "Analysis on channel bonding/ aggregation for multi-channel cognitive radio networks," in Proc. IEEE European Wireless Conf., Lucca, Italy, pp. 468-474, Apr. 2010.
- T. Yucek, H. Arslan, "A survey of spectrum sensing algorithms for cognitive radio applications," IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 116-130, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/SURV.2009.090109
- W. Zhang, R. K. Malik, and K. B. Letaief, "Cooperative spectrum sensing optimization in cognitive radio networks," in Proc. IEEE Int'l Conf. on Communications, Beijing, China, pp. 3411-3415, May. 2008.
- IEEE 802.11 SG, "IEEE std 802 part11: 2009," 2009.
- Reconfigurable beam steering using U-slot patch antenna with high gain and low sar for wireless headset applications vol.57, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.28888