- Volume 12 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Design and Fabrication of the EM Wave Absorber with Excellent Characteristics for ETC System
- Kim, Dong-Il (Department of Radio Communication Engineering at Korea Maritime University) ;
- Choi, Dong-Soo (Department of Radio Communication Engineering at Korea Maritime University) ;
- Choi, Dong-Han (Department of Radio Communication Engineering at Korea Maritime University) ;
- Kim, Do-Yeol (Department of Radio Communication Engineering at Korea Maritime University)
- Received : 2011.11.08
- Accepted : 2012.01.12
- Published : 2012.03.31
In this paper, the EM wave absorber for ETC system was designed and fabricated. We fabricated several samples in different composition ratios of flaked sendust and CPE(Chlorinated Polyethylene). Absorption abilities were simulated in accordance with different thicknesses of the prepared absorbers and changed complex relative permittivity and permeability according to composition ratio. The optimized mixing ratio of flaked sendust and CPE was found as 60 : 40 wt.% by experiments and simulation. Then the EM wave absorber was fabricated and tested using the simulated data. As a result, the developed EM wave absorber has the thickness of 2.75 mm and absorption ability was 22.5 dB in the case of normal incidence at 5.8 GHz. Therefore, it was confirmed that the newly developed absorber can be used for ETC system.
- K. Haneda, J. Takada, T. Iwata, Y. Wakinaka, and T. Kunishima, "Experimental determination of propagation paths for the ETC system - Equipment development and field test," Trans. IEICE, vol. E87-A, no. 11, pp. 3008-3015, Nov. 2004.
- M. Hanazawa, O. Hashimoto, and K. Wada, "New wave absorber using resistive film for ETC system," EMC Europe 2002 Int Symp. Dig., vol. 2, pp. 703-705, Sep. 2002.
- T. Doi, N. Tashiro, T. Inoue, A. Fujita, and O. Hashimoto, "A study on a wave absorber using anisotropic carbon for ETC application," Proc, of 2005 IEEE AP-S International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting, no. 61-7, Jul. 2005.
- K. Matsumoto, Y. Miura, T. Ozawa, O. Hashimoto, and O. Okada, "Wave absorber with circular lattice using metal mesh for improving ETC environment," EMC Zurich 2007. 18th International Zurich Symposium, no. 24-28, pp. 233-236, Sep. 2007.
- Dae-Hun Kim, Dong Il Kim, Chang-Mook Choi, and Jun-Young Son, "A study on design and fabrication of complex type EM wave absorber with super wide- band characteristics," International Joural of Navigation and Port Research, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 161-166, Mar. 2006. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2006.30.2.161
- Chang-Mook Choi, Dong Il Kim, Rui Li, and Kwang- Soob Ko, "Development of the electromagnetic wave absorber for 94 GHz radar sensors using permalloy," Internat. J. KIMICS, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 1-4, Sep. 2006.
- Sang-Hyun Moon, Seung-Jae Shin, Jae-Man Song, Dong Il Kim, and Ki-Man Kim, "A study on the development of ferrite EM wave absorbers for GHz frequency band," Korea Electromagnetic Engineering Soc., vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 1329-1334, Dec. 2003.
- Y. Naito, Electromagnetic Wave Absorbers, Tokyo : New Ohm, 1987.
- T. Weiland, "A discretization method for the solution of maxwell's equations for six-component fields," Electronics and Communication(AEU), vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 116-120, 1977.
- Fabrication and Evaluation of the Super Thin-Type EM Wave Absorber for Suppressing EM Noises in 2.4 GHz Band vol.19, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2015.19.3.500
- Permittivity and Permeability Measurements of a Thin Film With Patterned Anisotropy at Microwave Frequencies vol.51, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2014.2323214