- Volume 12 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Cooperative Communication with Different Combining Techniques in One-Dimensional Random Networks
- Duy, Tran Trung (Department of Electronic Engineering, University of Ulsan) ;
- Kong, Hyung-Yun (Department of Electronic Engineering, University of Ulsan)
- Received : 2011.11.02
- Accepted : 2012.02.24
- Published : 2012.03.31
In this paper, we investigate cooperative transmission in one-dimensional random wireless networks. In this scheme, a stationary source communicates with a stationary destination with the help of N relays, which are randomly placed in a one-dimensional network. We derive exact and approximate expressions of the average outage probability over Rayleigh fading channels. Various Monte-Carlo simulations are presented to verify the accuracy of our analyses.
Cooperative Communication;Uniform Distribution;Maximal Ratio Combining;Selection Combining;Fading Channels
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- J. N. Laneman, D. N. C. Tse, and G. W. Wornell, "Cooperative diversity in wireless networks: efficient protocols and outage behavior," IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 3062-3080, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2004.838089
- J. N. Laneman, G. W. Wornell, "Distributed spacetime- coded protocols for exploiting cooperative diversity in wireless networks," IEEE Trans. on Inform. Theory, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 2415-2425, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2003.817829
- G. Farhadi, N. C. Beaulieu, "On the outage and error probability of amplify-and-forward multi-hop diversity transmission systems," in Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), pp. 3748-3754, 2008.
- G. Farhadi, N. Beaulieu, "Fixed relaying versus selective relaying in multi-hop diversity transmission systems," IEEE Trans. on Wire. Commun., vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 956-965, Mar. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOMM.2010.03.070409
- L. E. Miller, "Distribution of link distances in a wireless network," Journal of Research of the National Institute of Standards and Technology, vol. 106, pp. 401-412, 2001. https://doi.org/10.6028/jres.106.017
- C. C. Tseng, K. C. Chen, "Layerless design of a power-efficient clustering algorithm for wireless Ad Hoc networks under fading," Journal of Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 3-26, 2008.
- C. C. Tseng, H. T. Chen, and K. C. Chen, "Distribution of the node degree for wireless Ad Hoc networks in shadow fading environments," IEICE Trans. on Commun., vol. E90-B, no. 8, pp. 2155-2158, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1093/ietcom/e90-b.8.2155
- J. Li, L. L. H. Andrew, C. H. Foh, M. Zukerman, and M. F. Neuts, "Meeting connectivity requirements in a wireless multihop network," IEEE Commun. Letters, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 19-21, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2006.1576556
- C. H. Foh, J. W. Tantra, J. Cai, C. T. Lau, and C. P. Fu, "Modeling hop length distributions for reactive routing protocols in one dimensional MANETs," in Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), pp. 3882-3886, 2007.
- C. H. Foh, B. S. Lee, "A closed form network connectivity formula one-dimensional MANETs," in Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), vol. 6, pp. 3739-3742, 2004.
- M. K. Simon, Digital Communication over Fading Channels, Second Edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey, 2005.
- A. Bletsas, A. Khisti, D. P. Reed, and A. Lippman, "A simple cooperative diversity method based on network path selection," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Commun., vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 659-672, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSAC.2005.862417