- Volume 21 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Automatic Addition Control of the External Carbon Source by the Measurement of ORP in Biological Nitrogen Removal Process
생물학적 질소 제거공정에서 ORP 측정을 통한 외부탄소원의 자동 주입 제어
- Shin, Choon-Hwan (Department of Energy & Environmental Engineering, Dongseo University)
- 신춘환 (동서대학교 에너지.환경공학과)
- Received : 2012.01.25
- Accepted : 2012.02.17
- Published : 2012.03.31
For the cost-effective biological nitrogen removal (BNR) process whose characteristics of influent have low COD/N ratios, the automatic control system for the addition of external carbon based on oxidation-reduction potential (ORP) data in an anoxic reactor has been developed. In this study, it was carried out with a pilot-scale Bardenpho process which was consisted of anoxic 1, aerobic 1, aerobic 2, anoxic 2, aerobic 3 tank and clarifier. Firstly, the correlation coefficient (
Biological nitrogen removal;External carbon source;COD/N ratio;Oxidation-reduction potential;PID control
Supported by : 동서대학교
- 김만수, 박종운, 박철휘, 2005, 가변형 간벽을 이용한 SBR 공정의 실증 pilot 연구, 대한환경공학회지, 27(5), 438-444.
- 이재호, 주동진, 박정진, 신춘환, 2011, Spent sulfidic caustic의 BNR 공정 적용을 위한 최적화 연구, 한국환경과학회지, 20(12), 1617-1624. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2011.20.12.1617
- 환경부, 2009, 수질오염공정시험방법.
- Akin, B. S., Ugurlu, A., 2005, Monitoring and control of biological nutrient removal in a Sequencing Batch Reactor, Process Biochem., 40, 2873-2878. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procbio.2005.01.001
- APHA, 2001, Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater, American Public Health Association, Washington, D.C..
- Charpentier, J., Godart, H., Martin, G., Mogno Y., 1989, Oxidation-reduction potential (ORP) regulation as a way to optimize aeration and C, N and P removal: experimental basis and various full-scale examples, Wat. Sci. Technol., 21, 1209-1223.
- Chen, K. C., Chen, C. Y., Peng, J. W., Houng, J. Y., 2002, Real-time control of an immobilized-cell reactor for wastewater treatment using ORP, Wat. Res., 36, 230-238. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(01)00201-9
- Kim, H., Hao, O. J., 2001, pH and oxidation-reduction potential control for optimization of nitrogen removal in alternating aerobic-anoxic systems, Wat. Environ. Res., 73, 95-102. https://doi.org/10.2175/106143001X138741
- Narkis, N., Rebhun, M., Scheindorf, C., 1979, Denitrification at various carbon to nitrogen ratio. Wat. Res., 13, 93-98. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1354(79)90259-8
- Park, J. J., Byun,, I. G., Park, S. R., Lee, J. H., Park, S. H., Park, T. J., Lee, T. H., 2009, Use of spent sulfidic caustic for autotrophic denitrification in the biological nitrogen removal process: Lab-scale and pilot-scale experiment, J. of Ind. Engi. Chem., 15, 316-322. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2008.11.008
- Park, J. J., Park, S. R., Ju, D. J., An, J. K., Byun, I. G., Park, T. J., 2008, Application of spent sulfidic caustics for autotrophic denitrification in a MLE process and their microbial chracteristics by fluorescence in situ hybridization, Korean. J. Chem. Eng., 25(3), 542-547. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11814-008-0091-5
- Park, T. J., Lee, K. H., Lee, J. H., 1998, Simultaneous Organic and Nutrient Removal from Municipal Wastewater by BSACNR Process. Korean J. Chem. Eng., 15(1), 9-14. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02705299
- Peddie, C. C., Mavinic, D. S., Jenkins, C. J., 1990, Use of ORP for monitoring and control of aerobic sludge digestion, J. Environ. Eng., 116(3), 461-471. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9372(1990)116:3(461)
- Plisson-Saune, S., Capdevile, B., Mauret ,M., Debuin, A., Baptiste, P., 1996, real-time control of nitrogen removal using three ORP bending point: signification, control strategy and result, Water Sci. Tech., 33(1), 275-280. https://doi.org/10.1016/0273-1223(96)00180-1
- Skinde, J. R., Bhagat, S. K., 1982, Industrial wastes as carbon sources in biological denitrification. J. WPCF, 54, 370-377.
- Wareham, D. G., Kenneth, J. H., Mavinic, D. S., 1993, real-time control of wastewater treatment system using ORP, Water Sci. Tech., 28(11-12), 273-282.
- Watanabe, S., 1985, Basic studies of an ORP/external carbon source system for the biological denitrification process, Inst. and cont. of Water and Waste Treat. 4th IAWPRC workshop , 27, 641-644.