- Volume 1 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Emergency Detection Method using Motion History Image for a Video-based Intelligent Security System
- Lee, Jun (Dept. of Intelligent Robot Engineering, Mokwon University) ;
- Lee, Se-Jong (Dept. of Intelligent Robot Engineering, Mokwon University) ;
- Park, Jeong-Sik (Dept. of Intelligent Robot Engineering, Mokwon University) ;
- Seo, Yong-Ho (Dept. of Intelligent Robot Engineering, Mokwon University)
- Received : 2012.01.26
- Published : 2012.11.30
This paper proposed a method that detects emergency situations in a video stream using MHI (Motion History Image) and template matching for a video-based intelligent security system. The proposed method creates a MHI of each human object through image processing technique such as background removing based on GMM (Gaussian Mixture Model), labeling and accumulating the foreground images, then the obtained MHI is compared with the existing MHI templates for detecting an emergency situation. To evaluate the proposed emergency detection method, a set of experiments on the dataset of video clips captured from a security camera has been conducted. And we successfully detected emergency situations using the proposed method. In addition, the implemented system also provides MMS (Multimedia Message Service) so that a security manager can deal with the emergency situation appropriately.
Gaussian mixture model (GMM);Motion history image (MHI);Video-based security system;Template matching
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- I. W. Jeong, J. Choi, K. Cho, Y. H. Seo, H. S. Yang, "A Vision-Based Emergency Response System with a Paramedic Mobile Robot," IEICE TRANSACTIONS on Information and Systems, Vol. E93-D, No. 7 pp.1745-1753, 2010 https://doi.org/10.1587/transinf.E93.D.1745
- H. Samet and M. Tamminen, "Efficient Component Labeling of Images of Arbitrary Dimension Represented by Linear Bintrees," IEEE Trans. Patt. Analy. And Mach. Intell., Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 579-586, Jul, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.3918
- Stauffer C., and Grimson W. E. L., "Adaptive background mixture models for real-time tracking," in Proc. of IEEE Computer Society Conf. on Comp. Vis. and Patt. Recg., Vol.2, pp.246-252, 1999
- A. F. Bobick and J. Davis, "The recognition of human move-ment using temporal templates," IEEE Trans. Patt. Analy. And Mach. Intell., Vol. 23, No. 3, pp.257-267, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.910878
- Tae-Woo Han, Yong-Ho Seo, "Emergency Situation Detection using Images from Surveillance Camera and Mobile Robot Tracking System," Journal of the Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication(IWIT), Vol. 9, No. 5, pp.101-107, May. 2009.
- CTM text message delivering module offered by D&SOFT http://open.coolsms.co.kr
- Yong-Ho Seo, "Development of Network based Remote Surveillance System Using Omni-Directional Mobile Robot," Journal of the Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication(IWIT), Vol. 10, No. 4, pp.91-97, Aug. 2010.