- Volume 1 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Recovery Methods in Main Memory DBMS
- Kim, Jeong-Joon (Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, KonKuk University) ;
- Kang, Jeong-Jin (Department of Information and Communication, Dong Seoul University) ;
- Lee, Ki-Young (Department of Medical IT and Marketing, Eulji University)
- Received : 2012.09.07
- Published : 2012.11.30
Recently, to efficiently support the real-time requirements of RTLS( Real Time Location System) services, interest in the main memory DBMS is rising. In the main memory DBMS, because all data can be lost when the system failure happens, the recovery method is very important for the stability of the database. Especially, disk I/O in executing the log and the checkpoint becomes the bottleneck of letting down the total system performance. Therefore, it is urgently necessary to research about the recovery method to reduce disk I/O in the main memory DBMS. Therefore, In this paper, we analyzed existing log techniques and check point techniques and existing main memory DBMSs' recovery techniques for recovery techniques research for main memory DBMS.
- K. Y. Lee, M. J. Lim, J. J. Kim, K. H. Kim, J. L. Kim, "Design and Implementation of a Data Management System for Mobile Spatio-Temporal Query," Journal of the Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication(IWIT), Vol. 11, No. 1, pp.109-113, 2011.
- J. Park, G. Choi, "A Embedded System Technology for Web based monitoring and control system," Journal of the Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication(IWIT), Vol. 9, No. 1, pp.61-69, 2009.
- Y. G. Jung, J. K. Choi, Y. J. Choi, "Design and Implementation of Medical Education System using Mesh-Up Meta-Search Program," Journal of the Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication(IWIT), Vol. 11, No. 4, pp.119-123, 2011.
- Lehman, T. J., and Carey, M. J., "A Recovery Algorithm for A High Performance Memory-Resident Database System," Proc. ACM SIGMOD Conf., Vol.16, No.3, pp.104-117, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1145/38714.38730
- Young-Sik Kwon, Yang-Sae Moon, Ki-Woong Cang, and Kyu-Young Whang, "Design and Implementation of a Recovery Technique based on Nonstop Transaction - Consistent Check pointing in a Main Memory Storage System," SIGDB-KDBC, Data-Base Task Group, pp.232-239, 2003.
- Salem, K., and Garcia-Molina, H., "System M : A Transaction Processing Testbed for Memory Resident Data," IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol.2, No.1, pp.161-172, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/69.50911
- Bohannon, P., Daniel, F., Rajeev, R., Abraham, S., Seshadri, S., and Sudarshan, S., "The Architecture of the Dali Main-Memory Storage Manager," The Journal of Multimedia Tools and Applications, Vol.4, No.2, pp.115-151, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1009662214514
- Eich, M., "MARS : The Design of a Main Memory Database Machine," Proc. Int. Workshop on Database Machines, pp.251-268, 1987.
- Kyung-Mo Lee, Jung-Ouk Lim, Gyoung-Bae Kim, Kwang-Chul Jung, Soon-jo Lee, Jin-Go Kim,Hae-Young Bae, "Mr .RT 3.0 : Main - Memory Resident Real - Time Database System for High Performance of Real - Time Transactions," Fall Congress of Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers, Vol.25, No.2, pp.208-210, 1998.
- Margaret, H.D., Jun-Lin, L., and Xi, L., Fuzzy Checkpointing Alternatives for Main Memory Databases, Recovery Mechanisms in Database Systems, Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1997.
- The TimesTen Team, "In-Memory Data Management for Consumer Transactions The TimesTen Approach," Proc. of the ACM SIGMOD Int. Conf. on Management of data, 1999.