- Volume 1 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analytical Approach of Multicasting-supported Inter-Domain Mobility Management in Sensor-based Fast Proxy Mobile IPv6 Networks
- Jang, Ha-Na (Graduate School of Information and Communications, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Jeong, Jong-Pil (College of Information and Communication Eng., Sungkyunkwan University)
- Received : 2012.09.27
- Published : 2012.11.30
IP-based Wireless Sensor Networks (IP-WSNs) are gaining importance for their broad range of applications in health care, home automation, environmental monitoring, industrial control, vehicle telematics, and agricultural monitoring. In all these applications, a fundamental issue is the mobility in the sensor network, particularly with regards to energy efficiency. Because of the energy inefficiency of network-based mobility management protocols, they can be supported via IP-WSNs. In this paper, we propose a network-based mobility-supported IP-WSN protocol called mSFP, or the mSFP: "Multicasting-supported Inter-Domain Mobility Management Scheme in Sensor-based Fast Proxy Mobile IPv6 Networks". Based on [8,20], we present its network architecture and evaluate its performance by considering the signaling and mobility cost. Our analysis shows that the proposed scheme reduces the signaling cost, total cost, and mobility cost. With respect to the number of IP-WSN nodes, the proposed scheme reduces the signaling cost by 7% and the total cost by 3%. With respect to the number of hops, the proposed scheme reduces the signaling cost by 6.9%, the total cost by 2.5%, and the mobility cost by 1.5%. With respect to the number of IP-WSN nodes, the proposed scheme reduces the mobility cost by 1.6%.
Wireless Sensor Networks;mSFP;IP-WSN;6LoWPAN;IEEE 802.15.4
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- lan F, Akyildiz, and Weilian Su, "A survey on sensor networks," IEEE communication Magazine, Vol. 40, pp. 102-114, August 2002.
- Kemal Akkaya, Mohamed Tounis, "A survey on routing protocols for wireless sensor networks," Ad hoc Network, Vol. 3, pp.325-349, March 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adhoc.2003.09.010
- Montenegro G., Kushalnagar N, and Hui J W, "Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.15.4 Networks," IETF RFC 4944, September 2007.
- Kushalnagar N, Montenegro G, and Schumacher C, "IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Networks (6LoWPANs)," IETF RFC 4919, August 2007.
- Zach, S.; Carsten, B. 6LoWPAN: The wireless Embeded Internet, David Hutchios, Serge Fdida, Joe Sventek; John Wiley & Sons Ltd: Chichester, West Sussex, UK, 2009.
- Kim E, Kaspar D, and Chevrollier N, "Design and Application Spaces for 6LoWPANs," IETF internet-Draft, July 2009.
- Kong K S, Lee W, and Han Y H, "Mobility Management for Ali-IP mobile networks: mobile IPv6 vs. Proxy mobile IPv6," IEEE Wirel Commun, Vol. 15, PP. 36-45, July 2008 https://doi.org/10.1109/MWC.2008.4492976
- Motaharul Islam, Eui Nam Huh, "Sensor Proxy Mobile(SPMIPv6)-A Novel Scheme for Mobility Supported IP-WSNs," Sensor, PP.1865-1887, November 2011.
- Gundavelli S, Leung K, Devarapalli V, Chowdhury K, and Patil B, "Proxy Mobile IPv6," IETF RFC 5213, August 2008.
- Chalmers R.C, Almeroth K C, "A mobility gateway for small-device networks," In Proceedings of Second IEEE Annual Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Washington DC USA, June 2004.
- Kim J H, Hong C S, and Taeshik S, "A Lightweight NEMO protocol to support 6LoWPAN," ETRI Journal, Vol. 30, pp. 685-695, October 2008 https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.08.1308.0054
- Istepanian R, Jovanov E, and Zhang Y, "Guest Editorial Introduction to the Special Section on M-Health: Beyond Seamless Mobility and Global Wireless Health-care connectivity," IEEE Transactions on Information Technology In Biomedicine," Vol. 8, pp.405-414, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITB.2004.840019
- Ni X, Shi W, and Ni, "Design of Micro Mobility Support in Bluetooth Sensor Networks," In IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics , pp. 150-154 , August 2006.
- Akyildiz I F, Lin Y B and Lai W R, "A new random walk model for PCS networks," IEEE Journal on selected areas in communications, Vol. 18, pp. 1254-1259, July 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/49.857925
- Ching K H, Shenoy N A, "2D Random walk mobility model for location management studies in wireless network" IEEE Transactions On vehicular Technology, Vol. 53, pp. 413-424, March 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2004.823544
- Heinzelman W R, Chandrakasna A, and Balakrishnan H, "Energy-Efficient Communication Protocol for Wireless Micro sensor Networks," In Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Hawaii international Conference on System Sciences, Vol.8, pp.8020-8030, January .2000.
- Pathan A S K, Hong C S, "SERP: secure energy-efficient routing protocol for densely deployed wireless sensor networks," Ann. Telecommun, Vol. 63, pp.529-541, July 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12243-008-0042-5
- Razzaque M A, Hong C S, "Analysis of energy-tax for multipath routing in wireless sensor networks," Ann. Telecommun. Vol. 65, pp. 117-127, May 2009.
- Dhanajay S, Lee H J, Chung W Y, "An Energy Consumption Technique for Global Healthcare Monitoring Applications," In Proceedings of International Conference on Information Sciences, pp. 539-542, November 2009.
- Md. Motaharul Islam and Eui-Nam Huh, "A Novel addressing Scheme for PMIPV6 Based Global IP-WSNs," Sensors, PP.8430-8455, November 2011.
- Performance Analysis of Inter-Domain Handoff Scheme Based on Virtual Layer in PMIPv6 Networks for IP-Based Internet of Things vol.12, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0170566