- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Use of Phenolic Foam as a Medium for Production of Plug Seedlings of Paprika
Phenolic Foam 배지를 이용한 파프리카의 플러그묘 생산
- Received : 2011.08.24
- Accepted : 2011.11.04
- Published : 2012.02.29
The study was conducted in a glasshouse to examine the possibility of producing paprika plug seedlings in a newly developed inert phenolic foam growing medium. Plug seedlings of 'Fascinato' paprika were grown in five media, Grodan rockwool (Grodan Co. Ltd., Denmark), UR rockwool (UR Co. Ltd., Korea), phenolic foam LC (Smithers Oasis Korea Co. Ltd., Korea), phenolic foam RC, and phenolic foam 3813-4 all in a pellet type. Seeds were germinated in a growth chamber (
- Aljibury, F.K. and D. May. 1970. Irrigation schedules and production of processing tomatoes on the San Joaquin Valley Westside. Calif. Agr. 24(8):10-11.
- An, C.G., D.S. Kang, C.W. Rho, and B.R. Jeong. 2002. Effects of transplanting method of seedlings on the growth and yield of paprika. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 20:15-18.
- Bunt, A.C. 1984. Physical properties of mixtures of peats and minerals of different particle size and bulk density for potting substrates. Acta Hort. 150:143.
- Bunt, A.C. 1998. Media and mixes for container grown plants. Unwin Hyman, London.
- Choi, J.M., J.W. Ahn, J.H. Ku, and Y.B. Lee. 1997. Effect of medium composition on physical properties of soil and seedling growth of red-pepper in plug system. J. Kor. Soc. Hort. Sci. 36:618-624.
- Cooolbear, P., A. Francis, and D. Grierson. 1984. The effect of low temperature presowing treatment on the germination performance and membrane integrity of artficialy aged tomato seeds. J. Exp. Bot. 35:1609-1617. https://doi.org/10.1093/jxb/35.11.1609
- Fonteno, W.C. 1996. Growing media: Types and physical/chemical properties, p. 93-102. In: D.W. Reed (ed.). Water, media, and nutrition for greenhouse crops. Ball Publishing, Batavia, IL.
- Han, W.T., Y.D. Kim, S.G. Kang, J.S. Moon, C.H. Song, J.I. Chang, and Y.B. Park. 1993. Studies on the establishment of hydroponics for fruit vegetable. 1. The effect of media on the quality and yield of strawberry in hydroponics. RDA J. Agr. Sci. 35:401-409
- Hartmann, H.T. and D.E. Kester. 1983. Plant propagation: Principles and practices. 4th ed. Prentice Hall Inc., Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
- Hartmann, H.T., D.E. Kester, F.T. Davis, Jr., and R.L. Geneve. 1997. Plant propagation: Principles and practice. 6th ed. Prentice Hall Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
- Hwang, S.J. and B.R. Jeong. 2002. Effect of medium composition of cellular glass foam particles and carbonized chestnut woodchips on growth of plug seedlings of 'Nokkwang' pepper and 'Segye' tomato. J. Kor. Soc. Hort. Sci. 43:399-405.
- Hwang, S.J. and B.R. Jeong. 2004. Use of CGF and CCW as medium components for commercial production of plug seedlings of seogun tomato. J. Bio-Env. Cont. 13:81-89.
- Ito, T. 1992. Present state of transplant production in Japanese horticultural industry, p. 65-82. In: K. Kurata and T. Kozai (eds.). Transplant production systems. Kluwer Academic Publ., Dordrecht, The Netherlands.
- Jeong, B.R. 1998. Technology and environment management for the production of plug transplants of flower crops. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 16:282-286.
- Jeong, B.R. 2000. Current status and perspective of horticultural medium reuse. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 18:876-883.
- Kim, H.J. and J.M. Lee. 1999. Seed germination of Sicyos angulatus L. as affected by seedcoat clipping, low temperature treatment and germination media. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 17:627. (Abstr.).
- Kim, O.I., J.Y. Cho, and B.R. Jeong. 2000. Medium composition including particles of used rockwool and wood affects growth of plug seedling of petunia 'Romeo'. J. Kor. Soc. Hort. Sci. 18:33-38.
- Lee, E.H., J.W. Lee, J.S. Kwon, Y.I. Nam, I.H. Cho, and Y.S Kwon. 1996. Effect of substrates on growth and yield of hydroponically grown cucumber in bag culture. Kor. J. Biol. Fac. Environ. 5:15-22.
- Lemaire, F. 1995. Physical, chemical and biological properties of growing medium. Acta Hort. 396:273-284.
- Lim, J.H., J.T. Yoon, I.S. Kim, and B.S. Choi. 1995. Effect of amount of rice hulls mixture on growth and yield of tomato by nutria-culture media. RDA J. Agr. Sci. 37:363-366.
- Martin, P.E., J.C. Lingle, R.M. Hagan, and W.J. Flocker. 1970. Irrigation of tomatoes in a single harvest program. Calif. Agr. 6:13-14.
- Nelson, P.V. 1991. Greenhouse operation and management, 4th ed. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
- Park J. E., J.H. Kang, C.G. An, J.S. Jeong, S.H. Park, Y.J. Cheon, K.S. Kim, and S.J. Hwang. 2010. Use of phenolic foam as a medium for production of plug seedlings of 'Fascinato' paprika. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 28 (Suppl. II):47. (Abstr.)
- Park J.E., C.H. Ko, S.B. Lee, C.G. An, K.S. Kim, B.R. Jeong, and S.J. Hwang. 2011. Use of pellet and cube type phenolic foam as the medium for production of plug seedlings of 'Fascinato' paprika. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 29 (Suppl. I):79-80. (Abstr.)
- Park, S.K., K.Y. Kim, E.H. Lee, N.D. Hur, and J.B. Suh. 1992. Effect of charcoal on tomato cultivation by hydroponic media. Res. Rep. RDA (Hort.) 34:51-56.
- Shin, W.G. and B.R. Jeong. 2002. Growth and development of pot chrysanthemum 'Pink Pixie Time' in various mixtures of shattered PUR and CGF. J. Bio. Environ. Control 11:29-34.
- Soffer, H. and D.W. Burger. 1989. Plant propagation using an aero-hydroponics system. HortScience 24:154.
- Stardiot, P. and P. Battistel. 2003. Improved plant management with localized crop heating and advice on distance in the Mediterranean climate. Acta Hort. 614:461-467.
- Irrigation Method of Nutrient Solution Affect Growth and Yield of Paprika 'Veyron' Grown in Rockwool and Phenolic Foam Slabs vol.31, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7235/hort.2013.12179
Supported by : 농림수산식품부