- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Experiential Marketing on Relationship Orientation in Local Festival -Focus on the Cheongju International Craft Binennale-
지역축제 체험마케팅이 관계지향성에 미치는 영향 -청주국제공예비엔날레를 중심으로-
- Lee, Yk-Su (Division of Tourism, Cheongju University)
- 이익수 (청주대학교 관광학부)
- Received : 2012.01.09
- Accepted : 2012.02.10
- Published : 2012.02.29
This research the impacts of the experiential marketing elements to the relationashin orientation and the results are as follow. It showed items of emotional experience, cognitive experiences, ative experience, relationshin experience positively affect to the festival brand loyalty. Through these results, first, we could suggest a new data for the development of the festival experience marketing for the enhancement of the festival brands in the future. Second, as the new research applying the festival and experiential marketing, we could found the experiential marketing through the intangible goods as like the festival could affect to the reinforcing of the relationship orientation. This is scientifically could suggest the basis to enlarge the scope of application. Also it could suggest industrially a lot of implications to establish the marketing strategy of the festival and reinforcing strategy of the relationship orientation.
Festival;Experience marketing;Relationship orientation
Supported by : 청주대학교 경영경제연구소
- Ministray of Culture, Sports and Tourism (http://www.mcst.go.kr), "general of Local Festival in Korea 2009", 2010.
- C. H. Park., "Estimation about Visitor's Participation Program of "The Chungju World Martial Arts Festival"" Jouranl of Academic Society Of Travel, Vol.18, pp. 125-148, 2003.
- K, Y. Ji., "Impact and the Resident Satisfaction Level of Residents: The Case of Kangnung Local Festival", Jouranl of Tourism Sciences, Vol.29, No.2, pp. 195-214, 2005.
- B. S. Jang. & J. E. Lee., "The Relationship Visit Motivation, Satisfaction & Regional Effects : In Focuss on the 8th Mir-Yang Play Summer Festiva", Culture & Tourism Research, Vol.10, No.2, pp. 35-47, 2008.
- K. W. Sim & D. H. Cho., "Analysis on Influence of Local Festival Satisfaction in Rural Area on Regional Revitalization", Journal of the Korean Regional Development Association, Vol.21, No.4, pp. 249-263, 2009.
- M. K. Bae., "Development of the Standard Evaluation Attributions on the Cultural Festivals' Result : Focused on the MCT's Cultural Tourism Festival", Korean Journal of Tourism Research, Vol.17, No.1, pp. 175-194, 2002.
- C. B. Woo., "A Study on the Evaluation of Local Festival Based Upon the Evaluation Factors of the Website", Journal of the Economic Geographical Society of Korea, Vol6, No.1, pp. 193-209, 2003.
- H. S. Kang. & C. K. Park., "A Study on the Festival Evaluation System of Kwangju and Chonam Provice", Thesis of Scientific conference by The Tourism Sciences Society of Korea, pp. 87-99, 2005.
- J. S. Lee. & I. Y. Yang., "The Visitors' Motivation Segmentation and the Difference of the Satisfaction of Local Festival: Case of the Busan Art Festival", Journal of Tourism and Leisure Research, Vol.14, No.3, pp. 143-156, 2003.
- G. W. Kim., "Empirical Study on the Effects of Motivation Factors on the Satisfaction of Local Festival Participants", Journal of Tourism Sciences, Vol.29, No.4, pp. 203-218, 2004.
- Y. L. Jang, "A Comparative Study of Local Festival Motivation, Satisfaction Estimate, Behavioral Intentions and Local Culture Perception: The Case of First Time Visitor and Repeated Visitor", Journal of tourism management research, Vol.30, pp. 167-191, 2007.
- T. Y. Cho. & M. S. Lee., "Research on the Motive and Satisfaction of a Visitor to a Local Festival -Targeting the local residents and tourists to Geumsan Ginseng Festival", Journal of Aviation Management Society of Korea Research, Vol.7, No.2, pp. 65-79, 2009.
- Y. S. Chae., "A Study on the Visitors' Survey and Developmental Direction of the 2005 Hoengsung Hanu Festival", Korea Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, Vol.20, No.3, pp. 83-95, 2006.
- S. H. Ahn., "Strategic Planning for Initiating Local Cultural Festivals", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.8, No.12, pp. 168-175, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2008.8.12.168
- J. Y. Lee., J. L. You., H. M. Cho. & T. Y. Cho., "A Study of Experience of Festival Program : by the Case of "Seosan HAEMI EUPSUNG" Festival", Journal of Culture and Tourism Research, Vol.7, No.2, pp. 97-111, 2005
- Schmitt B. H., "Experiential Marketing", Joumal of Marketing Management, Vol.15 No.1-3, pp. 53-68, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1362/026725799784870496
- S. M. Shin. & D. H. Kim., "A Study on the Experiential Marketing Effect on Brand Equity : Focus on Brand Ambassador for Public Relations", Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, Vol.34, No.2, pp. 242-251, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2010.34.2.242
- S. H. Shung., S. H. Seo. & J. H. Kah., "The Effect of Experiential Marketing on Brand Attitude and Brand Loyalty in Family Restaurant", Journal of Foodservice Management, Vol.12, No.2, pp. 229-252, 2009.
- E. B. Koh. & K. R. Choi., "A study on a VMD of Lifestyle Shop applying Experiential Marketing -VMD case studies on IKEA, MUJI, and Kosney", Bulletin of Korean Society of Basic Design & Art, Vol.10, No.6, pp. 29-37, 2009.
- K. Hannam, "Tourism and development II : marketing destinations, experiences and crises", Progress in Development Studies, vol.4, No.3, pp. 256-263, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1191/1464993404ps089pr
- H. J. Chou, "The effect of experiential and relationship marketing on customer value: A case study of international American casual dining chains in Taiwan", Social Behavior and Personality, Vol.37, No.7, pp.993-1008, 2009. https://doi.org/10.2224/sbp.2009.37.7.993
- M. S. Kang., "A Study on the Effect on of Relational Benefits of Eating-out Customers on Relationship Orientation according to Satisfaction and Trade Inclination", 경기대학교 대학원 Ph.D Dissertations at Graduate of Kyeonggi University, 2009.
- N. H. Choi., Y. A. Kim. & H. J. Lee., "A Study on The Causes and Outcomes of Relationship - Orientedness between Businesses", Korean journal of marketing, Vol.3, No.3, pp. 1-24, 2001.
- E. K. Sso. & S. J. Lee., "A Study of Effects on Long-Term Relationship Orientation of Women`s Experiential Fashion Marketing : Focused on Middle, Old Aged Women", Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, Vol.58, No.3, pp. 34-48, March, 2008.
- M. H. Kim., J. W. Kim. & M. C. Jung., "The Effects of Consumer Perceptions of Service Quality on Relationship Orientation : The Case of Korean Restaurants Located in Seoul, Korea", Research of Hotel, Resort and Casino, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 7-21, August, 2009.
- Sheth, Jagdish N. and Atul Parvatiyar., "Relationship Marketing in Consumer Markets: Antecedents and Consequences", Journal of The Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.23 No.4, pp. 255-271, 1995 https://doi.org/10.1177/009207039502300405
- Sin, Y. M., "Market Orientation, Relationship Marketing Orientation, and Business Preformance : The moderating effects of economic ideology and industry type. Journal of International Marketing, Vol.13 No.4, pp. 36-57, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1509/jimk.18.104.22.168538