- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Comparing the Effect of Both Thermal and Mechanical Forcing on the Error of Typhoon Track
태풍 진로에 영향을 미치는 열적 및 역학적 효과에 관한 수치적 연구
- Kim, Hae-Dong (The Department of Global Environment, Keimyung University) ;
- Won, Seong-Hee (National Typhoon Center) ;
- Choi, Ki-Seon (National Typhoon Center) ;
- Park, Sang-Wook (National Typhoon Center) ;
- Jang, Ki-Ho (The Department of Global Environment, Keimyung University)
- Received : 2011.10.12
- Accepted : 2012.01.20
- Published : 2012.02.29
To compare the effects of two external forcing on track of typhoon, TWRF(Typhoon WRF) based ensemble experiments are carried out in the case of Typhoon Morako which is the 8th typhoon at Northwest Pacific region in 2009. The two forcing are tropical SST and topography induced thermal and mechanical forcing, respectively. According to the result of numerical experiment for five-day forecast, the effect of mechanical forcing is about two times stronger than thermal forcing on the track error of the typhoon. More case study for other typhoon will be done as a next paper.
Typhoon track;TWRF;Thermal forcing;Mechanical forcing
Supported by : 기상청
- Kang, S. D., Won, S. H., 2009, WMO 2nd International Workshop on Tropical Cyclone Landfall Processes (IWTCLP-II).
- 기상청, 2010, 태풍백서.