- Volume 37 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Gross Alpha Analysis of Nasal Smear Samples and Internal Dose Assessment Procedure in Radiation Emergency
방사선비상시 비강스메어 시료의 전알파 분석 및 내부피폭선량평가 절차
- Yoon, Seokwon (National Radiation Emergency Medical Center, Korea Institute of Radiological and Medical Sciences) ;
- Ha, Wi-Ho (National Radiation Emergency Medical Center, Korea Institute of Radiological and Medical Sciences) ;
- Kim, Mee-Ryeong (National Radiation Emergency Medical Center, Korea Institute of Radiological and Medical Sciences) ;
- Lee, Seung-Sook (National Radiation Emergency Medical Center, Korea Institute of Radiological and Medical Sciences)
- 윤석원 (한국원자력의학원 국가방사선비상진료센터) ;
- 하위호 (한국원자력의학원 국가방사선비상진료센터) ;
- 김미령 (한국원자력의학원 국가방사선비상진료센터) ;
- 이승숙 (한국원자력의학원 국가방사선비상진료센터)
- Received : 2012.11.14
- Accepted : 2012.12.14
- Published : 2012.12.31
The gross alpha analysis of nasal smear samples for the radiation emergency and the additional follow-up steps were established. Cotton swab sticks using in local hospitals for nasal smear in Korea were used for the verification. The measurement results of standard samples spiked with certified reference source were well agreed within
Supported by : 한국원자력의학원
- National Council on Radiation Protection & Measurements. Management of persons contaminated with radionuclides. NCRP Report No. 161. 2008.
- 한국원자력의학원 국가방사선비상진료센터. 방사선비상진료 개론서. 한국원자력의학원. 2010.
- International Atomic Energy Agency. Generic procedure for assessment and response during a radiological emergency. IAEA-TECDOC-1162. 2000.
- Norwegian Radiation Protection Authority. Triage, monitoring and treatment of people exposed to ionising radiation following a malevolent act. 2009.
- Sugarman SL, Toohey R, Goans R, Christensen D, Wiley A. Rapid internal dose magnitude estimation in emergency situations using Annual Limits on Intake (ALI) comparisons. Health Phys. 2010;98(6): 815-818. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.HP.0000346797.32153.7d
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. Human respiratory tract model of radiological protection. ICRP Publication 66. Ann. ICRP 24(1-3). Oxford. 1994.
- Fukutsu K, Yamada Y, Akashi M. Characterisation of masal swab samples by alpha spectrometry. Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 2009;134:87-93. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/ncp086
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. Nuclear emergency and radiological decision handbook. 1997.
- Smith JRH. Implications of human nasal clearance studies for the interpretation of nose blow and bioassay sample measurements. Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 2003;105:119-122. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.rpd.a006205
- Rapid Analysis of 239,238Pu, 241Am, and 90Sr for Nasal Smear Samples in Radiation Emergency and Evaluation of Intake Retention Fraction vol.112, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1097/HP.0000000000000635