- Volume 37 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR NUCLEAR EDUCATION CENTRES
- Sadagopan, Geetha (Nuclear Training & Education Centre, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Hyunkee (Nuclear Training & Education Centre, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Son, Miyeon (Nuclear Training & Education Centre, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Received : 2012.10.17
- Accepted : 2012.11.05
- Published : 2012.12.31
Quality Management is a recent phenomenon. This is applied to products or services, with an objective to deliver high quality, reliable, worthy, enduring, product or service. The process is considered to have four main components: quality planning, quality control, quality assurance and quality improvement. Focusing on quality control and quality assurance leads to achieving quality management or ensures that an organization or product is consistent. In this paper, the applicable international standard for learning services and for the organization for education and training (learning service provider) is discussed and also the procedure to implement the management system.
- ISO 29990:2010. Learning services for non-formal education and training - basic requirements for service providers. 2010.
- Son M, Kim HK, Nam YM, Nam JS, Lee KB. Current status of education and training for radiation safety in Korea. Transactions-Sixth International Symposium on Radiation safety and Detection technology. Malaysia. 12-14 July. 2011.
- Kim HK, Han KW, Son M, Nam YM, Lee KB. Self assessment for provisions of education and training in radiation protection in Korea with EduTA protocol. Transactions-Sixth International Symposium on Radiation safety and Detection technology. Malaysia. 12-14 July. 2011.
- ISO 9001-2008. Quality management systems - requirements. 4th edition. 2008.
- International Atomic Energy Agency. The management system for facilities and activities - safety requirements. No. GS-R-3. IAEA, Vienna. 2006.