- Volume 39 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
THE CHARACTERISTICS OF RESIN INFILTRATED INCIPIENT CARIOUS LESIONS
Resin infiltration을 시행한 법랑질 초기 우식 병소의 특성
- Received : 2011.08.20
- Accepted : 2012.01.10
- Published : 2012.02.29
The concept of resin infiltration which was born in an innovative philosophy to arrest the incipient caries. However, the structural changes of resin infiltrated lesions have not yet explained completely. The liquid resin might contribute not only to maximizing the penetration but to deteriorating physical stability. This study was performed to examine some physical and histological features of resin infiltrated incipient carious lesions. With the specimen of resin infiltrated lesions, microhardness by nanoindentation in depth profile, morphology of resin tags were revealed after HCl dissolution, and degree of microleakage were assessed. The percentage of microhardness of surface layer and lesion body of untreated specimen to sound enamel was 64.6% and 24.6% respectively, while that of resin-infiltrated lesions was 72.1%, showing significant difference (p<0.05). The resin tags observed under SEM had relatively homogeneous length of 433(282~501)
Resin infiltration;Incipient caries;Microhardness;Penetration depth;Microleakage
- Paris S, Meyer-Lueckel H, Kielbassa AM : Resin infiltration of natural caries lesions. J Dent Res, 86:662-666, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1177/154405910708600715
- Meyer-Lueckel H, Paris S : Progression of artificial enamel caries lesions after infiltration with experimental light curing resins. Caries Res, 42:117-124, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1159/000118631
- Ekstrand KR, Bakhshandeh A, Martignon S : Treatment of proximal superficial caries lesions on primary molar teeth with resin infiltration and fluoride varnish versus fluoride varnish only: efficacy after 1 year. Caries Res, 44:41-46, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1159/000275573
- 김민정, 이동수, 김신 등 : 초기 우식 병소의 표층 처리에 따른 Resin infiltration의 우식 저지 능력 평가. 대한소아치과학회지, 37:412-421, 2010.
- Paris S, Hopfenmuller W, Meyer-Lueckel H : Resin infiltration of caries lesions: an efficacy randomized trial. J Dent Res, 89:823-826, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022034510369289
- Paris S, Meyer-Lueckel H : Inhibition of caries progression by resin infiltration in situ. Caries Res, 44:47-54, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1159/000275917
- Kielbassa AM, Muller J, Gernhardt CR : Closing the gap between oral hygiene and minimally invasive dentistry: a review on the resin infiltration technique of incipient (proximal) enamel lesions. Quintessence Int, 40:663-681, 2009.
- Phark JH, Duarte S Jr, Meyer-Lueckel H, et al. : Caries infiltration with resins: a novel treatment option for interproximal caries. Compend Contin Educ Dent, 30:13-17, 2009.
- Duckworth RM : The Teeth and Their Environment. Karger, Basel, 105-131, 2006.
- Kugel G, Arsenault P, Papas A : Treatment modalities for caries management, including a new resin infiltration system. Compend Contin Educ Dent, 30:1-10, 2009.
- Qvist V : Resin restorations: leakage, bacteria, pulp. Endod Dent Traumatol, 9:127-152 1993. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-9657.1993.tb00265.x
- Wiegand A, Stawarczyk B, Kolakovic M, et al. : Adhesive performance of a caries infiltrant on sound and demineralised enamel. J Dent, 39:117-121, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdent.2010.10.010
- Yoshikawa T, Burrow MF, Tagami J : A light curing method for improving marginal sealing and cavity wall adaptation of resin composite restorations. Dent Mater, 17:359-366, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0109-5641(00)00095-6
- Coy HD : Direct resin fillings. J Am Dent Assoc, 47:532-537, 1953. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.1953.0212
- Meyer-Lueckel H, Paris S : Improved resin infiltration of natural caries lesions. J Dent Res, 87:1112- 1116, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1177/154405910808701201
- Chaitra TR, Subba Reddy VV, Devarasa GM, et al. : Flowable resin used as a sealant in molars using conventional, enameloplasty and fissurotomy techniques: an in vitro study. J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent, 28:145-150, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4103/0970-4388.73786
- Meyer-Lueckel H, Paris S, Kielbassa AM : Surface layer erosion of natural caries lesions with phosphoric and hydrochloric acid gels in preparation for resin infiltration. Caries Res, 41:223-230, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1159/000099323
- Pitts N :" ICDAS"-an international system for caries detection and assessment being developed to facilitate caries epidemiology, research and appropriate clinical management. Community Dent Health, 21:193-198, 2004.
- Oliver WC, Pharr GM : Improved technique for determining hardness and elastic modulus using load and displacement sensing indentation experiments. J Mater Res, 7:1564-1583, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1557/JMR.1992.1564
- International Organization for Standardization : Dental materials: guidance on testing of adhesion to tooth structure. Technical Report ISO TR - 11405. International Organization for Standardization, Genebra, 1994.
- Robinson C, Brookes SJ, Kirkham J, et al. : In vitro studies of the penetration of adhesive resins into artificial caries-like lesions. Caries Res, 35:136-141, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1159/000047445
- 김은영, 안울진, 김신 등 : 전치부의 발육 결함 및 교정 후 탈회 병소의 심미적 개선을 위한 resin infiltration. 대한소아치과학회지, 37:218-224, 2010.
- Fejerskov O, Kidd E : Dental Caries: The Disease and Its Clinical Management. Blackwell Munksgaard, Oxford, 20-48, 2008.
- Bergman G, Lind PO : A quantitative microradiographic study of incipient enamel caries. J Dent Res, 45:1477-1484, 1966. https://doi.org/10.1177/00220345660450053701
- Huang TT, He LH, Darendeliler MA, et al. : Correlation of mineral density and elastic modulus of natural enamel white spot lesions using X-ray microtomography and nanoindentation. Acta Biomater, 12:4553-4559, 2010.
- Huang TT, He LH, Darendeliler MA, et al. : Nanoindentation characterisation of natural carious white spot lesions. Caries Res, 44:101-107, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1159/000286214
- Asmussen E : Penetration of restorative resins into acid etched enamel. II. Dissolution of entrapped air in restorative resin monomers. Acta Odontol Scand, 35:183-191, 1977. https://doi.org/10.3109/00016357709004653
- Belli R, Rahiotis C, Schubert EW, et al. : Wear and morphology of infiltrated white spot lesions. J Dent, 39:376-385, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdent.2011.02.009
- S, Do¨rfer CE, Meyer-Lueckel H : Surface conditioning of natural enamel caries lesions in deciduous teeth in preparation for resin infiltration. J Dent, 38:65-71, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdent.2009.09.001
- Paris S, Meyer-Lueckel H, Mueller J, et al. : Progression of sealed initial bovine enamel lesions under demineralizing conditions in vitro. Caries Res, 40:124-129, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1159/000091058
- Meyer-Lueckel H, Paris S : Infiltration of natural caries lesions with experimental resins differing in penetration coefficients and ethanol addition. Caries Res, 44:408-414, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1159/000318223
- Paris S, Bitter K, Renz H, et al. : Validation of two dual fluorescence techniques for confocal microscopic visualization of resin penetration into enamel caries lesions. Microsc Res Tech, 72:489-494, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1002/jemt.20701
- Bjarnason S, Dietz W, Hoyer I, et al. : Bonded resin sealant on smooth surface dental enamel-an in vitro study. Swed Dent J, 27:167-174, 2003.
- da Silva Neto JM, dos Santos RL, Sampaio MC, et al. : Radiographic diagnosis of incipient proximal caries: an ex-vivo study. Braz Dent J, 19:97-102, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1590/S0103-64402008000200002
- Abrasion of resin infiltrated enamel by tooth brushing vol.37, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2013.37.1.9