- Volume 48 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
앵강만 정치망 어장의 멸치 어황변동 특성
Characteristics of fishing condition variation of anchovy in the set net fishing ground of Anggang bay, korea
- 이규형 (전남대학교 해양기술학부)
- Lee, Gyu-Hyong (Division of Marine Technology, Chonnam National University)
- 투고 : 2011.12.28
- 심사 : 2012.01.31
- 발행 : 2012.02.28
In order to elucidate the mechanism of fishing condition variation of anchovy in the set net fisheries of Anggang Bay, the monthly catch of anchovy was analyzed and examined based on the data acquired from 2006 to 2010 in 13 different fishing grounds. Anchovy consistently appeared from April to December and reached the production of 840 to 1,424 t (average : 1,228 t), with a big annual variation. However, anchovy production in this area accounts for approximately 75% of the production by set net in Anggang Bay whereas it holds 6.8% of the nationwide production (=18,034 t) by set net. The school of anchovy starts to appear in April at the west mouth of the bay and move north-eastward. Afterward, having three of clockwise turns in the middle of the bay, they scatter to swim into the deep place of the bay and finally go out to turn back to their coming way. These behaviors of anchovy are likely related to thermal fronts as well as distributions of food. The production of anchovy (y, kg) relied greatly on frequencies of effective northeasterly (
Anggang bay;Fishing condition;Set net;Anchovy
- Cha, B.Y., 2009a. Composition and catch variation of fisheries resources by set net in the Mizo fishing ground off Namhae island. Korean J. Ichthyol., 21 (3), 191-199.
- Cha, B.Y., 2009b. Catch variation of a set net fishing ground in the coastal waters off Neungpo, Goeje island. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 45 (4), 211-222. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2009.45.4.211
- Chang, H.Y., Y.S. Kim, H.K. Chung and B.K. Cho, 1987. Fructuation of the set net fishery. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 23 (4), 177-183.
- Chang, S.D., S.Y. Hong, C.K. Park, P.Chin, B.G. Lee, T.Y. Lee, Y.J. Kang and Y. Gong, 1980. Studies on the migration of anchovy, Engraulius Japonica, in korean waters. Publ. Inst. Mar. Sci. Nat. Fish. Univ. Busan, 12, 1-38 (In Korean).
- Cha, S.S. and K.J. Park, 1994. Distribution of the ichthyoplankton in Kwang yang bay. Korean J. Ichthyol., 6 (1), 60-70.
- Cha, S.S.,1990. Age and growth of anchovy (Engralius Japonica) juvenile in the coastal waters of Chonnam. Bull. Kor. Fish. Soc., 23 (5), 385-393.
- Choo, H.S. and D.S. Kim, 1998. The effect of vaiations in the Tsushima warm currents on the egg and larval transport of anchovy in the southern sea of Korea. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 31 (2), 226-244.
- Choo, H.S., 2002. The variations of oceanic conditions and the distributions of eggs and larvae of anchovy in the southern sea of korea in summer. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 35 (1), 77-85.
- E-dong Myun History Compilation Committee, 2008, Committee of E-dong myun history, Tewoo Press, Korea, pp. 149-150.
- Hong, J.P. and J.H. Lee, 1995. The fluctuations of catches in set nets around Kyeongbuk province. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 31 (2), 153-165.
- Hwang, S.D., J.Y. Kim, J.I. Kim, S.T. Kim, Y.I. Seo, J.B. Kim, Y.H. Kim and S.J. Heo, 2006. Species composition using the daily catch data of a set net in the coastal waters off Yeosu, korea. Korean J. Ichthyol., 18 (3), 223-233.
- Joo, C.S., 1994. A Study on the sea condition and catch fluctuation of anchovy gill net in the coastal waters of Yosu. MS thesis, Yosu Fisheries Nat'l. Univ., pp27.
- Joo, C.S., Y.J. Kim and D.S. Kim, 1998. A study on the sea condition and catch fluctuation of anchovy gill net in the coastal waters of Yosu. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 34 (2), 159-164.
- Kim, D.S. and H.K. Rho, 1996. Environmental factors and catch fluctuation of set net grounds in the coastal waters of Yosu. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 32 (2), 125-131.
- Kim, D.S. and H.K. Rho, 1994. Environmental factors and catch fluctuation of set net grounds in the coastal waters of Yosu, 2. Sea water circulation in the vicinity of set net ground. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 30 (3), 142-149.
- Kim, J.Y., 1983. Distribution of anchovy eggs and larvae off the western and southern coasts of Korea. Bull. Kor. Fish. Soc., 16 (4), 401-409.
- Kim, J.Y., 1992. The early life history and recruitment of anchovy Engraulis Japonica, in the southern waters of Korea. Ph. D. Thesis. National Fisheries University of Busan. 139p (In Korean).
- Kim, J.Y. and J.I. Kim, 1993. Distribution and mortality of eggs and larvae of anchovy, Engraulis Japonica, in the southern coastal waters of Korea. Korean J. Ichthyol., 5 (2), 217-225.
- Kim, J.Y. and Y.J. Kang, 1992. Spawning ecology of anchovy, Engraulis Japonica, in the southern waters of Korea. Bull. Kor. Fish. Soc., 25 (5). 331-340.
- Kim, J.Y. and Y.M. Choi, 1988, Vertical distribution of anchovy, Engraulis Japonica eggs and larva, J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 21, 139-144.
- Kim, J.Y. and Y.M. Kim, 1986, Study on the early life history of Anchovy, Engraulis Japonica. Research Report of National Fisheries Research and Development Agency, 37, 151-156.
- Kim, S.A., 2003. Changes in fisheries resources in relation to variability of oceanic environments. J. Korean Soc. Fish. Res., 6 (1), 11-20.
- Ko, J.C., Y.I. Seo, H.Y. Kim, S.K. Lee, H.K. Cha and J.I. Kim, 2010. Distribution charateristics of eggs and larvae of the anchovy Engraulis Japonica in the Yeosu and Tongyeong coastal waters of Korea. Korean J. Ichthyol., 22 (4), 256-266.
- KORDI, 1996. Study for basic stock farm in sea. Annual Report of 2nd-3rd, Ministry of Science and Tecnology. pp. 635.
- KFA, 2008. Korean Fisheries Year Book 2008. Sam-sin Press. pp. 259-263.
- KHOA, 2010. Tide Table 2010. 1, pp. 217.
- KMI, 2009. Statistical Data of Fisheries and Oceanic Environment 2009. pp. 166-214.
- KMA, 2006-2010. Monthly Weather Report.
- KSA, 1996. Table of water content of processed goods. Statistical Data of Fisheries. pp. 198.
- Lee, C.I., L.H. Jang and S.E. Park, 2009. Influence of water temperature during the main spawning period on anchovy catch. Kor. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci., 42 (3), 297-301.
- Lee, G.H. and M.I. Han, 2011. Seasonal characteristics of sea conditions in Aenggang bay. Bull. Fish. Sci. Inst., Chonnam Nat'l Univ., 20 (1), 37-48.
- Lee, G.H., 1993. Fisheries oceanographical studies on the production of the farming oyster in Kamak bay. Ph. D. Thesis. Nat'l Fish. Univ. of Busan. pp.180 (In Korean).
- Lee, J.H., M.G. Youm and B.S. Park, 1988. Fundamental studies on the migrating course of fish around the set net (3). J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 24 (2, 3), 71-77.
- Lim, H.S., H.S. Park, J.W. Choi and J.G. Je, 1999. Macrobenthic community of the subtidal soft bottom of Aenggang bay in the southern coast of Korea. J. of the Korean Soc. of Oceano., The Sea, 4 (1), 80-92.
- Lim, J.Y. and I.S. Ok, 1977. Studies on the occurrence and ditribution of eggs and larvae of anchovy in the Korean waters. Bull. Fish. Res. Dev. Agency, 16, 73 -86.
- MOMAF, 2002. Main Index of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries. Jong-in I & D Press. pp. 129.
- Nakata, H. 1991, Coastal processes related to the transport, survival and recruitment of fish larvae. Bull. On Coastal Oceanography, 28 (2), 195-220.
- NFRDI, 2010. Ecology and Fishing Ground of Coastal and Offshore Fish Spesies in Korea. pp. 105-118.
- Park, B.H. and J.Y. Lim, 1965. Fisheries biology of anchovy (Engraulis Japonica) in the waters around Korea. 1. On the ecology of anchovy in the southern waters of Korea. Reports of Fisheries Resources 6, 37-49.
- Park, J.H. and J.H. Lee, 1991. In relation to the fomation of fishing ground and the fluctuation of fishing condition of anchovy, Engralius Japonica, catched by anchovy drag net. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 27 (4), 238-246.
- Park, J.H., S.H. Choi, J.Y. Kim and J. H. Lee, 1996. Distribution of anchovy, Engralis Japonica, in the coatal waters of Kangwon province in Korea. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 32 (3), 223-234.
- Park, J.H., Y.J. Im, H.K. Cha and Y.S. Suh, 2004. The relationship between oceanographic and fishing conditions for anchovy, Engraulis Japonica, in the southern sea of Korea. J. Korean Soc. Fish. Res., 6 (2), 46-53.
- Park, K.J., and S.S. Cha, 1995. Food organisms of postlarvae of anchovy (Engraulis Japonica) in Kwangyang bay. J. Korean Fish. Soc., 28 (3), 247-252.
- Pond, S. and G.L. Pickard, 1983, Introduction Dynamical Oceanography. Pergamon Press, New York, 329.
- Rho, H.K., D.S. Kim and S.H. Kim, 2004. Fisheries Oceanography. Press of Cheju Nat'l Univ., 65-82.
- Ricker, W.E., 1954. Stock and recruitment. J. Fish. Res. Board Can., 11 (5), 559-623. https://doi.org/10.1139/f54-039
- Species Composition and Distribution of Set-net Catches on the Coast of Dapo, Geoje Island vol.47, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2014.0997