- Volume 48 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The estimation of the optimum mesh size selectivity of a drift net for yellow croaker (Larimichthys polyactis) using by the SELECT model
참조기 (Larimichthys polyactis) 유자망에 있어서 SELECT모델에 의한 적정 망목선택성 곡선 추정
- Kim, Seong-Hun (Fisheries System Engineering Division, NFRDI) ;
- Park, Seong-Wook (Fisheries System Engineering Division, NFRDI) ;
- Lee, Kyoung-Hoon (Fisheries System Engineering Division, NFRDI) ;
- Yang, Yong-Su (Fisheries System Engineering Division, NFRDI)
- Received : 2011.10.07
- Accepted : 2012.01.18
- Published : 2012.02.28
The mesh selectivity of a drift net for yellow croaker (Larimichthys polyactis) was examined in field experiments with six different net mesh size (40, 45, 50, 55, 60 and 65mm) from April to December, 2008 in the coastal areas of Jeollanam-do in Korea. The total catch of 6,748 consisted of yellow croaker (n=6,310; 89.1% of total catch), common mackerel (n=158; 5.6%) and other species (n=280; 9.6%). The selectivity curve for yellow croaker was fit by the models of selectivity curve in SELECT method. The optimal mesh size for 50% retention for minimum landing size (191mm) of yellow croaker was estimated as 49.6mm-51mm by selectivity curves. And the bi-normal model for the selectivity curve was found to fit the data best.
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Akaike H., 1974. A new look at the statistical model identification. IEEE Trans. autom. Contr. 19, 716-723. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.1974.1100705
- Baranov, F.I., 1914. The capture of fish by gillnets. Mater. Poznoniyu Russ. Rybolov. 3, 56-99.
- Kitahara T., 1968. On sweeping trammel net (Kogisasiami) fishery along coast of the San in distric－III. Mesh selectivity curve of sweeping trammel net for Branquillos. Bull. Japan Soc. Fish. Tech., 34 (9), 759-763. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.34.759
- Chang, Y.H., B.K. Cho, J.S. Park and S.K. Doo, 2004. Study on the improvement of gill nets and trap nets fishing for the resource management at the coastal area of Yellow Sea-Mesh selectivity of gill nets for croaker, Miichthys miiuy. Bull. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 40 (3), 169-175. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2004.40.3.169
- Chang, Y.H., B.K. Cho, J.S. Park and W.L. Lee, 2007. Mesh selectivity of gill nets for silver promfret, Pampus argenteus. Bull. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 43 (3), 169－175. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.3.169
- Cho, Y.B., C.D. Park and J.H. Lee, 2000. A study on the selectivity of the mesh size in trammel net for Cynoglossidae spp. Bull. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 36 (2), 89－95.
- Fujimori, Y. and T. Tokai, 2001. Estimating of gillnet selectivity curve by maximum likelihood method. Fish. Sci., 67 (4), 644-654. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1444-2906.2001.00301.x
- Fujimori, Y., T. Tokai, S. Hiyama and K. Matuda, 1996. Selectivity and gear efficiency of trammel nets for kuruma prawn (Penaeus japonicus). Fish. Res., 26 (1), 113-124. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-7836(95)00392-4
- Hovgard, H. and H. Lassen, 2000. Manual on estimation of selectivity for gillnet and longline gears in abundance surveys. FAO Fisheries technical paper. No. 397, pp. 84.
- Kim, S.H. and J.H. Lee, 2002. Mesh selectivity in trammel net for flat fish. Bull. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 38 (2), 91－100. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2002.38.2.091
- Kim, S.H., S.W. Park, J.H. Bae and Y.H. Kim, 2009. Mesh selectivity of Drift gill net for yellow croaker, Larimichthys polyactis, in the coastal sea of gageodo. Kor. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 42 (5), 518-522.
- NFRDI, 2000. Ecology and fishing ground of main fisheries resource in exclusive economic zone. pp. 232.
- Park, C.D., H.C. An, S.K. Cho and C.I. Baik, 2003. Size selectivity of gill net for male snow crab, Chionoecetes opilio. Bull. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 39 (2), 143－151. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2003.39.2.143
- Park, H.H., E.C. Jeong, B.S. Bae, J.H. Yang, S.H. Choi and S.I. Lee, 2007. Mesh selectivity of gill net for female Japanese sandfish (Arctoscopus japonnicus) in spawning season. Bull. Korean Soc. Fish. Tech., 43 (4), 274－280. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.4.274
- Statistics Korea, 2010. Fisheries production survey. Retrieved from http://fs.fips.go.kr on 5 October 2011.
- Mesh selectivity of gill net for swimming crab Potunus trituberculatus in the western coastal waters of Korea vol.49, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.2.106
- Estimating the Economic Effectiveness of Increasing Mesh Sizes in the Small Yellow Croaker Gillnet fishery vol.48, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.4.352
- Fishing characteristics of small yellow croaker drift gill net by net height vol.50, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.3.368
- Characteristics on the fishing performance of a drift net for yellow croaker (Larimichthys polyactis) in accordance with the thickness of a net twine vol.49, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.49.3.218
- Mesh size selectivity of the gillnet in East China Sea vol.77, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/77/1/012013
- Study on the size selectivity of a gillnet for Pacific herring (Clupea pallasii) in the eastern sea of Korea vol.49, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.360
- Maturation and spawning of female black scraper, Thamnaconus modestus in the coastal waters off Middle East Sea, Korea vol.54, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFOT.2018.54.1.089