- Volume 48 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
On the hydrodynamic resistance and stabilization of the coonstripe shrimp pot to reduce catch of a small size shrimp
자원관리형 반구형 새우통발의 형상 변화에 따른 유체저항 특성과 수중안정성
- Kim, Seong-Hun (Fisheries System Engineering Division, NFRDI) ;
- Lee, Kyoung-Hoon (Fisheries System Engineering Division, NFRDI) ;
- Kim, Hyung-Seok (Division of Marine Production System Management, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2012.01.14
- Accepted : 2012.01.20
- Published : 2012.02.28
For the optimal design of a shrimp pot to control the catch size and to reduce catch the small size shrimp, tank experiments were carried out to study the pot stability under water. Tank experiments were carried out to measure the drag with 4 kinds of model pots that have 50% selection on the individual of 25mm carapace length. The drag of each pot was measured every 10 times with changing the current speeds from 0.1m/s to 0.7m/s in 0.1m/s intervals and the pot attack angle from
Drag;Stabilization;Shrimp pot;Optimal design;Flume tank
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- An, H.C., K.H. Lee, S.W. Park, C.D. Park and J.K. Shin, 2007. Assessment of fishing power of common octopus (Octopus minor) trap fishery. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 43 (3), 176－182. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.3.176
- Bae, B.S., H.C. Ahn, E.C. Jeong, H.H. Park, S.W. Park and C.D. Park, 2010. Fishing power estimation of biodegradable traps in the East Sea. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 46 (4), 292－301. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.4.292
- Hukatu R., 1934. Wind tunnel test method. Kyoritusya, Tokyo, pp. 12.
- Jang, D.J., D.A. Kim and Y.J. Kim, 1997. Modification of fishing baskets for crab, Charybdis Japonica. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 42 (1), 11-18.
- Kim, D.H., H.C. An, K.H. Lee and J.W. Hwang, 2007. Fishing capacity assessment of the octopus coastal trap fishery using data envelopment analysis (DEA). J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 43 (4), 339－346. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.4.339
- Kim, S.H., T. Hiraishi, K. Yamamoto and J.H. Lee, 2008a. Stability of three kinds of pots for catching shrimp used in Hokkaido. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi, 74 (6), 1030-1036. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.74.1030
- Kim, S.H., J.H. Lee and H.S. Kim, 2008b. Size selectivity by alter the slope length and angle of coonstrip shrim (Pandalus hypsinotus Brandt) pot using in Hokkaido, Japan. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 44 (4), 273-281. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2008.44.4.273
- Kim, S.H., J.H. Lee, H.S. Kim and S.W. Park, 2010. Optimal design of escape vent for the dome type coonstripe shrimp (Pandalus hypsinotus) pot. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 46 (2), 115-125. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.2.115
- Kim, S.H., C.D. Park, S.W. Park and J.K. Shin, 2010. The effect of the entrance size on the catch of trap for conger eel. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 46 (3), 195 -203. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.3.195
- Kim, S.H., J.H. Lee and H.S. Kim, 2011. A survey of shrimp pot fishery bycatch and discard in funka Bay, Hokkaido, Japan. Kor. J. Fish. Aqua. Sci., 44 (4), 397－402. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2011.0397
- Ko, K.S. and D.A. Kim, 1984. The behaviour of fisheries to the traps and their catch ability. J. Korean Fish. Sci., 17 (1), 15-23.
- Lee, J.H., B.G. Kwon, C.W. Lee, H.S. Kim, S.B. Jeong, Y.B. Cho, J.B. Yoo, S.H. Kim and B.Y. Kim, 2005. Improvement of gill net and trap net fishing for the resource management in the southern sea of Korea- Mesh selectivity of spring frame trap for conger eel, Conger myriaster. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 41 (1), 27 -34. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2005.41.1.027
- Li, Y., K. Yamamoto, T. Hiraishi and K. Nashimoto, 2003. Stability of fish traps for catching arabesque greenling used in matsumae, Hokkaido. Fish. Eng., 39 (3), 219-225.
- Park, H.H., E.C. Jeong, H.C. An, C.D. Park, H.Y. Kim, J.H. Bae, S.K. Cho and C.I. Baik, 2005. Mesh selectivity of durm net fish trap for Elkhorn sculpin (Alcichthys alcicornis) in the eastern sea of Korea. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 40 (4), 247-254.
- Park, H.H., R.B. Millar, H.C. An, H.Y. Kim, E.C. Jeong, J.K. Shin, B.J. Cha and I.O. Kim, 2005. Mesh selectivity of drum net traps for Buccinum opisoplectum Dall using SELECT model with unequal fishing and sampling efforts: A preliminary analysis. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 41 (4), 279-288. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2005.41.4.279
- Park, S.W., H.Y. Kim and S.K. Cho, 2006. Entering behavior and fishing efficiency of common octopus, Octopus minor to cylindric trap. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 42 (1), 11-18. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2006.42.1.011
- Park, S.W., C.D. Park, J.H. Bae and J.H. Lim, 2007. Catching efficiency and development of the biodegradable monofilament gill net for snow crab, Chionoecetes opilio. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 43 (1), 28-43. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.1.028
- Shin, J.K. and H.H. Park, 2003. Size selectivity of round traps for greenling (Hexagrammos otakii) in the western sea of Korea. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 39 (3), 174-180. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2003.39.3.174
- Soda, N., 1971. Talk of friction. Iwanami shinsho, Tokyo, pp. 51.
- Tauti, M., 1939. A relation between experiments on model and full scale of net. Bull. Jap. Soc. Sci. Fish., 3 (4), 171-177. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.3.171