- Volume 56 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Students' and Teachers' Questions Posted on Chemistry Q&A Board in a Chemistry Education Homepage
화학교육 홈페이지의 화학 Q&A 게시판에 등록된 학생과 교사 질문 분석
- Received : 2011.11.03
- Accepted : 2011.12.28
- Published : 2012.02.20
This study analyzed the questions posted on the chemistry Q&A board by students and teachers in a chemistry education homepage, in order to understand the difficulties in learning and teaching chemistry. The different tendencies were found in the contents and the motivations of questions by students and teachers. In Chemistry I, students raised many questions in the 'Water' unit, while teachers raised many ones in the 'Chemical compound in our life' unit. In Chemistry II, students asked many questions in the 'Gas, liquid, solid' unit, while teachers did in 'Chemical reaction and energy' unit. Students' motivations of questioning were 'Explanation of unclear concept', and 'Problem solving', while teachers' motivations were 'Searching information', and 'Question in experiment'. The Q&A board provided a field in exchanging informations needed in learning and teaching chemistry. Educational implications were discussed on the use of Q&A board in chemistry education.
Chemistry question;Q&A;Student's question;Teacher's question;Chemistry education
- Choi, K. H.; Park, J. Y.; Choi, B. S.; Nam, J. H.; Choi, K. S.; Lee, K. S. J. Kor. Assoc. Sci. Edu. 2004, 24, 1039.
- Park, J. Y.; Joung, I. W.; Nam, J. H.; Choi, K. H.; Choi, B. S. J. Kor. Assoc. Sci. Edu. 2006, 26, 239.
- Lee, T. H. Chemistry Education 1997, 24, 36
- Huh, M. K.; Oh, Y. J. Kor. Chem. Soc. 2011, 55, 124. https://doi.org/10.5012/jkcs.2011.55.1.124
- Nakiboglu, C.; Yildirir, H. E. International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education 2011, 9, 1047. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10763-010-9231-6
- Kim, S. K.; Yeo, S. I.; Woo, K. H. J. Kor. Assoc. Sci. Edu. 1999, 19, 560.
- Lee, M. S.; Jo, K. H.; Song, J. W. J. Kor. Assoc. Sci. Edu. 2004, 24, 277.
- de Jesus, H. P.; Teixeira-Dias, J. J. C.; Watts, M. International Journal of Science Education 2003, 25, 1015. https://doi.org/10.1080/09500690305022
- Yerdelen-Damar, S.; Eryilmaz, A. Research in Science Education 2010, 40, 223. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11165-008-9119-4
- Kim, J. M. The role of cognitive strategic questioning in the changes of students' conceptions about heat and temperature; Seoul National University: 1995.
- Kang, H. S.; Lee, S. M.; Kwon, E. K.; Noh, T. H. J. Kor. Assoc. Sci. Edu. 2006, 26, 385.
- Harper K. A.; Etkina, E.; Lin, Y. Journal of Research in Science Teaching 2003, 40, 776. https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.10111
- Hofstein, A.; Navon, O.; Kipnis, M.; Mamlok-Naaman, R. Journal of Research in Science Teaching 2005, 42, 791. https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.20072
- Colbert, J. T.; Olson, J. K.; Clough, M. P. CBE Life Science Education 2007, 6, 42. https://doi.org/10.1187/cbe.06-07-0171
- Baram-Tsabari, A.; Sethi, R. J.; Bry, L.; Yarden, A. Science Education 2009, 93, 131. https://doi.org/10.1002/sce.20284
Supported by : 충북대학교