- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Design of Optimal Resonant Frequency for Series-Loaded Resonant DC-DC Converter in EVs On-Board Battery Charger Application
전기자동차 탑재형 충전기용 부하직렬공진형 컨버터의 최적 공진주파수 설계
- Oh, Chang-Yeol (School of Information and Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Kim, Jong-Soo (Power Center, Material & Device Research Center, Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology) ;
- Lee, Byoung-Kuk (School of Information and Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University)
- Received : 2011.09.09
- Accepted : 2011.12.13
- Published : 2012.02.20
This paper describes the process of optimal resonant frequency design with full-bridge series-loaded resonant dc-dc converter in a high efficiency 3.3 kW on-board battery charger application for Electric Vehicles and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles. The optimal range of resonant frequency and switching frequency used for ZVS are determined by considering trade-off between loss of switching devices and resonant network with size of passive/magnetic devices. In addition, it is defined charging region of battery, the load of on-board charger, as the area of load by deliberating the characteristic of resonant. It is verified the designed frequency band by reflecting the defined area on resonant frequency.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원 (KETEP)
- M. M. Morcos, C. R. Mersman, G. G. Sugavanam, and N. G. Dillman, "Battery chargers for electric vehicles", IEEE Power engineering Review, pp. 8-11, 2000, November.
- Y. C. Chiang, Y. L. Ke, H. S. Chuang, and H. K. Chen, "Implementation and analysis of an improved series-loaded resonant dc-dc converter operating above resonance for battery chargers", IEEE Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Technical Conference (ICPS) 2008, pp. 1-8, 2008, May.
- 김종수, "전기자동차용 탑재형 충전기의 공진 Network 최적 설계에 관한 연구", 성균관대학교 대학원 박사논문, 2011
- M. P. Robinson and J. Clegg, "Improved determination of Q-factor and resonant frequency by a quadratic curve fitting method", IEEE Transaction on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 47, No. 2, pp. 399-402, 2005, May. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEMC.2005.847411
- K. J. Coakley, J. D. Splett, M. D. Janezic and R. F. Kaiser, "Estimation of Q-factors and resonant frequencies", IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 51, No. 3, pp. 862-868, 2003, Mar. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2003.808578
- S. Santoso and A. Maitra, "Empirical estimation of system parallel resonant frequencies using capacitor switching transient data", IEEE Trans. Power Del., Vol. 20, No. 2, pt. 1, pp. 1151-1156, 2005, Apr. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2005.844280
- N. Mohan, T. M. Undeland, W. P. Rbbins, "Power electronoics - converter, application and design," 3rd ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2003.
- R. L. Steigerwald, "A comparison of half-bridge resonant converer topologies", IEEE Trans. Power. Electron., Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 174-182, 1988, April. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.4347
- J. J. Chen, F. C. Yang, C. C. Lai, Y. S. Hwang, and R. G. Lee, "A high efficiency multimode Li-Ion battery charger with variable current source and controlling previous-stage supply voltage", IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 56, No. 7, pp. 2469-2478, 2009, July. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2018435
- C. W. T. McLyman, "Transformer and inductor design handbook", 3rd Ed, Marcel Dekker Inc. New york, 2008.
- WIMA Corporation [Online], http://www.wima.de/EN/WIMA_FKP_1.pdf.
- TDK Corporation [Online], "Ferrite for switching power supplies", Feb. 2010, http://www.tdk.co.jp/tefe02/e140_1.pdf.
- A Study on the Optimal Design of 5 kW Plasma Discharger vol.21, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2016.21.2.150
- Development of the Anti-Start Air Conditioner Compressor Resonant DC/DC Converter for Commercial Vehicle vol.19, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2014.19.6.557
- Development of Battery Charger for Electric Vehicle using the LLC Resonant Converter vol.18, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2013.18.5.443
- Variable Output and Parallel Operation Control of EV Charger vol.18, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2013.18.2.153
- A Study on Reactor Capacitance Estimation Algorithm and 5kW Plasma Power Supply Design for Linear Output Control of Wide Range vol.21, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2016.21.6.514