- Volume 13 Issue 1
LEDs are using widely in a field of illumination, LCD LED backlight, mobile signals because they have several merits, such as low power consumption, long lifetime, high brightness, fast response, environment friendly. To achieve high performance LEDs, one needs to enhance output power, reduce operation voltage, and improve device reliability. In this paper, we have proposed that the optimum design and specialized process could improve the performance of LED chip. It was showed an output power of 7cd and input supplied voltage of 3.2V by the insertion technique of current blocking layer. In this paper, GaN-based LED chip which is built on the sapphire epi-wafer by selective MOCVD were designed and developed. After that, their performances were measured. It showed the output power of 7cd more than conventional GaN-based chip. It will be used the lighting source of a medical equipment and LCD LED TV with GaN-based LED chip.
GaN-based material;Improved process;Output power;Forward voltage;Improved process
- Y. J. Lee, H.C.Kuo, and S.C.Wang "Enhancing the Output Power of GaN-based LEDs Grown on Wet-Etched Pattrened Sapphire Substrates", IEEE PHOTONIC TECHNOLOGY LETTERS, Vol. 18, No. 10, pp. 2289-2291, May 2006.
- S. Nakamura and G. Gasol, "The Blue Laser Diode", New York: springer, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 223-226, May 1997.
- T.Egawa, B.Zhang, and H.Ishikawa, "High Performance of InGaN LEDs on (111) Silicon Substrate grown by MOCVD", IEEE ELECTRON DEVICE LETTERS, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 169-171, March 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/LED.2004.842642
- H. G. kim et al, "Improved GaN-Based LED Light Extraction Efficiencies via Selective MOCVD Using Peripheral Microhole Arrays", IEEE PHOTONIC TECHNOLOGY LETTERS, Vol. 20, No. 15, pp. 1284-1286, Aug. 2008.
- Y. J. Lee, J. M. Hwang, T. C. Hsu and S.C.Wang, "Study of the Extraction Power Dependent Internal Quentum Efficiency in IngaN/gaN LEDs Grown on Patterned Sapphire Substrate", IEEE Journal of selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 445-448, Nov. 2009.
- Mary H.Crawford, "LEDs for Solid-State Lighting: Performance Challenges and recent Advances", IEEE Journal of selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 1028-1040, July 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSTQE.2009.2013476
- Ivan Elisshevich, "Compound Semiconductor", Vol.6, No.3, pp.82-85, 2000.
- Hynsoo Kim, Ji-Myon Lee, Chul Huh, Sang-Woo Kim, Dong-Joon Kim, Seong-ju Park, and Hyunsang Hwang, Appl. phys., Lett. Vol.77, No.12, pp.1903-1906, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1311819
- C. C. Liu, Y. H. Chen, M. P. Houng, Y. H. Wang, Y. K. Su, W. B. Chen, and S. M. Chen, IEEE Photonics Technol. Lett. Vol.16, pp.1444-1447, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/LPT.2004.826786
- S.Y.Lee, J.R.Ryu, and S.B.Yoon, "Improvement in light output of LED by using the insulating Blocking layer", KIIT, Vol.9, No.5, pp35-40, 2011.