- Volume 13 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the factors of longevity, ADL and IADL of the eldery people over 100 years in Gyeongnam province
경남지역 백세인의 장수요인과 일상생활수행능력(ADL) 및 도구적 생활수행능력(IADL)에 대한 연구
- Cho, Hyun ;
- Lee, Ji-Hwan ;
- Yoo, Jin-Yeong ;
- Kwon, Young-Chae ;
- Ji, Jae-Hoon ;
- Sim, Eun-Kyung ;
- Lee, Kyeong-Eun
- Received : 2011.09.22
- Accepted : 2012.01.05
- Published : 2012.01.31
This study conducted surveys of 88 eldery people over 100 years in Gyeongnam on April to June, 2011 during 90 days. It was intended to find the factors of longevity, Activity Daily of Living (ADL), and Instrumental Activity Daily of Living (IADL). Major results of this study were as follows: The factors of longevity are getting enough sleep over than seven hours(95.5%), taking in less salty food (69.8%), optimism without even thinking about suicide (86.9%), nonsmoking habit (92%), and moderation in drink (86.4%). The most difficult part of Activity Daily of Living (ADL) is taking a bath, and that of Instrumental Activity Daily of Living (IADL) is taking a bus or subway alone. All items of ADL and IADL, female was higher than the male, but not statistically significant(p<0.05). Therefore, further study is expected to develop the supplementary policy to support the elderly people with declining to carry out physical activities. It is also expected to develop the public welfare programs and policies for the aged, allowing them to take responsibility and to participate as a member of the society.
The eldery People(over 100 years);Longevity;ADL;IADL
- National statistical office data, 2011.
- H.K.Choi,"A study on the effect of Mental Health on Quality of Life for the Aged", pp. 9 Graduate school, Hansung University, 2010.
- YTN News 2011.6
- S, O, Lee, "The Health Related Characteristics of Centenarians Living In Gyeongsang Nam Province". pp, 31-40 Graduate school of Education,inje University, 2002.
- M.S.Lee,"A study about health promotion behavior of elderly", pp. 1-17 Graduate school of Education, Chungnam National University Taejon, Korea, 2000.
- A. Ozaki, et al., "The Japanese centenarian study: autonomy was associated with health practices as well as physical status", pp. 95-101, Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 2007.
- Community Health Survey, "2010 healthy positive happy positive community healthy investigation" http://chs.cdc.go.kr/03_contents/contents_04.jsp, 2010.
- J. M. Robine and F. Paccaud, "Nonagenarians and centenarians in Switzerland, 1860-2001: a demographic analysis", Journal Epidemiol Community Health, vol. 59, pp. 31-37, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1136/jech.2003.018663
- S. J. Choi, "An exploratory study on social and psychological factors contributing to longevity", Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, vol. 22, 2, pp. 183-207, 2002.
- H. G. Seo, "The characteristics of the villages of longevity and the health status of the villagers," Inje Medical Journal, vol. 23, 2, pp. 355-371, 2002.
- Statistics Korea, "The aged statistics in Korea" http://kostat.go.kr/wnsearch/search.jsp, 2010.
- S. D. Lee, et al., "The longevity characteristics and the factor in Korea", The Korean Society of Food and Nutrition, The winter season scholarly symposium, 2004.
- Y. R. Kim, et al., "A study on current status of physical activity and plan for improving sport participation of the aged", Korean Journal of Sport Science, vol. 15, 4, pp. 84-98, 2004.
- J. I. Kim, "Influence social-environment factors for region of centenarians", Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, vol. 27, 3, pp. 635-647, 2007.
- Y. O. Nam, "A study on relationships between oral health care status and QOL and IADL of the elderly", The Journal of the Korean academy of dental health, vol. 34, 3, pp. 362-371, 2010.
Supported by : 인제대학교