- Volume 43 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Improvement of Ornamental Fish Industry through analysis of recognition and market scale of the Ornamental Fish
관상어 시장규모 및 인식도 분석을 통한 관상어산업의 개선과제
- Received : 2012.11.28
- Accepted : 2012.12.26
- Published : 2012.12.31
This study estimated the size of ornamental fish market as the basis survey for the development of the ornamental fish industry in Korea. It presents improvement projects agendas for the development of the Korean ornamental fish industry by investigating the challenges of the ornamental fish industry and consumer awareness. First, looking at the size of the ornamental fish market, calculated on the basis of survey results, the size of ornamental fish market is analysed as 231.8 billion won. The actual ornamental fish market is presumed to be much larger than this considering unclear gross sales from e-commerce and group sales, goods excluded from the ornamental fish export, expensive ornamental fish transaction from smuggling are missing. Ornamental fish industry and consumer awareness survey results can be described as follows: First, revenue structure of the ornamental fish market depends on a handful of expensive purchasing group rather than on low-cost consumption group. Second, many members of the ornamental fish producers, wholesalers, road shops are small-scale. Third, the sale of aquarium fish and aquarium fish related supplies in road shop have different market structures. Fourth, ornamental fish consumption is in the ongoing recession. Fifth, ornamental fish industry hopes for expansion of distribution and Research & Development. Sixth, satisfaction of ornamental fish consumers is generally low. As described above, ornamental fish industry in Korea are vulnerable in the market structure and industry is small and the consumer's satisfaction degree is staying in the 'normal' level. If current state will continue, future consumption can be reduced. It is necessary to increase the competitiveness by using various method including reorganization of the structure of the ornamental fish industry even though it is hard to reach conclusion only with the results of the survey.
- 김대영, "관상생물산업 육성방향", 농림수산식품부, 제2차 수산분야 신 성장동력 창출 워크솝 자료집, 2011, pp.49-68.
- 김대영, "우리나라 내수면어업의 경쟁력 강화 방안", 수산경영론집, 제39권 제3호, 2008, pp.113-124.
- 김대영 외, "우리나라 관상어산업의 발전방향에 관한 연구", 수산해양교육연구, 제23권 제4호, 2011. 12, pp.629-631.
- 김배성, "우리나라 관상어산업의 발전방향에 관한 연구", 유용곤충 산업화 발전방안 수립을 위한 심포지엄, 농촌진흥청, 2008, pp.15-26.
- 노섬 외, 해수관상어 품종 다양화와 산업화 연구, 농림수산식품부 한국해양수산기술진흥원, 2009, pp.49-52.
- 농림수산식품부 동식물자원산업화 T/F, "동식물자원산업화 방안(안)", 2009, pp.3-25.
- 농림수산식품부 자원환경과, "관상어산업육성을 위한 정책 방향", 2011, pp.6-35.
- 농수산물유통공사, 외국의 동식물자원 산업현황(요약), 2010, pp.1-22.
- (사)한국관상어협회, 월간회보, 2010-제6호, 2010, pp.8-11.
- 이경훈 외, "일본 관상어의 역사와 관련 용품산업의 동향", 수산해양교육연구, 제24권 제1호, 2012, pp.47-52.
- FAO 홈페이지(www.fao.org)
- Spawning Behavior, Egg Development, Larvae and Juvenile Morphology of Hyphessobrycon eques (Pisces: Characidae) Characidae Fishes vol.18, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.12717/DR.2014.18.4.241
- Fostering direction of the Ornamental Fish Industry in Korea through a competitive analysis of International Ornamental Fish Industry vol.46, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12939/FBA.2015.46.1.015