- Volume 43 Issue 3
This study aimed to analyze the economic feasibility of Mackerel offshore aquaculture production performance in Jeju region, Korea. Based on the collected biological, costs and market price data, farming revenue and expenses during the farming period were evaluated, and the net present value and the internal rate of return of a 10-year cash inflow and cash outflow were estimated to determine the economic feasibility of Mackerel offshore aquaculture production system. Model results indicated that the Mackerel offshore aquaculture production performance would have high profitability under the current production and market situation. This is because of the relatively high survival rate, relatively low feed conversion ratio and good market prices. However, sensitivity analyses of main important biological and economic variables showed that the economic viability of Mackerel offshore aquaculture production system would be highly vulnerable to production and market condition changes.
- 농림수산식품부, 어업자원관실 업무편람 : 외해양식 활성화, 농림수산식품부, 2012, pp.92-95.
- 최재선 . 김도훈, 지속 가능한 양식어장 환경관리 방안, KMI 해양수산 현안분석 2003-16, 한국해양수산 개발원, 2003.
- 황진욱 . 김도훈, "넙치 배합사료 및 생사료의 경제 성 비교분석", 수산경영론집, 40(3), 2009, pp.189-205.
- Adams, C. M., Sturmer, L., Sweat, D., Blake, N., and Degner, B.,"The economic feasibility of smallscale, commercial culture of the southern bay scallop,"Aquaculture Economics and Management, 5, 2001, pp.81-97. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657300109380279
- Brown, J. G., Goller, C., Peters, T., Olean, A., Vernon- Gerstenfeld, S., and Gergerstenfeld, A., "Economics of cage culture in Puerto Rico," Aquaculture Economics and Management, 6, 2002, pp.363-372. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657300209380325
- Fong, Q., Ellis, S., ,and Haws, M.,"Economic feasibility of small-scale black-lipped pearl oyster pearl farming in the central pacific,"Aquaculture Economics and Management, 9, 2005, pp.347-368. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657300500234359
- Goode, T., Hammig, M., and Brune, D.,"Profitability comparison of the partitioned aquaculture system with traditional catfish farms,"Aquaculture Economics and Management, 6, 2002, pp.19-38. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657300209380301
- Hoagland, P., Riaf, K. M., Jin, D., and Kite-Powell, H. L., A comparison of access systems fo natural resources: drawing lessons for ocean aquaculture in the US Exclusive Economic Zone. In: Open Ocean Aquaculture: From Research to Commerce Reality, The World Aquaculture Society, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2003, pp.23-44.
- Jin, D., Kite-Powell, H., and Hoagland, P.,"Risk assessment in open-ocean aquaculture: A firm-level investment-production model,"Aquaculture Economics and Management, 9, 2005, pp.369-387. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657300500242261
- Kalantzi, I. and Karakassis, I.,"Benthic impacts of fish farming: meta-analysis of community and geochemical data,"Marine Pollution Bulletin, 52, 2006, pp.484-493. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2005.09.034
- Kam, L., Leung P., and Ostrowaki, A.,"Economics of offshore aquaculture of Pacific threadfin in Hawaii,"Aquaculture, 223, 2003, pp.63-87. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0044-8486(03)00162-5
- Kazmierczak, R. F. and Soto, P.,"Stochastic economic variables and their effect on net returns to channel catfish production,"Aquaculture Economics and Management, 5(1/2), 2001, pp.15-36. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657300109380275
- Kim, D. and Lipton, D.,"A comparison of the economic performance of offshore and inshore aquaculture production systems in Korea,"Aquaculture Economics and Management, 15, 2011, pp.103-117. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657305.2010.549165
- Kite-Powell, H. L., Hoagland, P., Jin, D., and Murray, K., Open ocean grow-out of finfish in New England: a bioeconomic model. In: Open Ocean Aquaculture: From Research to Commerce Reality, The World Aquaculture Society, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2003, pp.319-324.
- Knapp, G., Economic Potential for U.S. Offshore Aquaculture: An Analytical Approach. In chapter 2, Offshore Aquaculture in the United States: Economic Considerations, Implications & Opportunities. NOAA Aquaculture Program. U.S. Department of Commerce, 2008, pp.15-50.
- Lipton, D. and Kim, D.,"Assessing the Economic Viability of Offshore Aquaculture in Korea: An Evaluation Based on Rock Bream Production," Journal of the World Aquaculture Society, 38(4), 2007, pp.506-515. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1749-7345.2007.00124.x
- Liu, Y. and Sumaila, U. R.,"Economic analysis of net cage versus sea-bag production systems for salmon aquaculture in British Columbia,"Journal of the World Aquaculture Society, 11(4), 2007, pp.371-395.
- Sathiadhas, R. and Najmudeenm T. M.,"Economic evaluation of mud crab farming under different production systems in India,"Aquaculture Economics and Management, 8, 2004, pp.99-109. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657300409380355
- Zucker, D. A. and Anderson, J. L.,"A dynamic, stochastic model of a land-based summer flounder(paralichthys dentatus) aquaculture firm," Journal of the World Aquaculture Society, 30(2), 1999, pp.219-235. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1749-7345.1999.tb00869.x
- An Economic Analysis of Black Rockfish, Sebastes schlegeli in the Marine Floating Cage Culture vol.45, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.12939/FBA.2014.45.1.095
- Analysis of Economical Validity about Offshore Cage Culture for Cod vol.28, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2016.28.6.1724
- A Study on the Comparative Analysis of Business Performance of Abalone Seed, Haliotis discus hannai by Region and Farming Size in the Land-based System vol.46, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12939/FBA.2015.46.1.001
- An Economic Analysis of Rainbow Trout(Onchorhynchus mykiss) Aquaculture Farms vol.28, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2016.28.5.1280
- An economic feasibility analysis of the automatic operation system development for hairtail trolling line in Jeju region, Korea vol.54, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFOT.2018.54.2.164