- Volume 43 Issue 3
This study is to survey the Japanese investigations for Korean sea during Meiji period. Meiji government was eager to develop new fishing ground to provide the marine products to their people, to offer the job for their people and to accumulate the starting capital. They found that the Korean sea was abundant in shark, sea cucumber and ear shell. These products were valuable for Chinese foods. From 1870's, Japan Navy investigated Korean sea for military purpose and subsequently for fishery. The first investigation for Korean maritime products was The Circumstances for Catching Fish in Korean Sea by Sekizawa Akikiyo in 1893. He was the most famous specialist in fishery and insisted that Japanese fishermen must go to Korean sea and catch fishes. Meiji government accepted his opinion and pushed the policy sending fishermen to Korean sea. Meiji government enlarged the investigations and backed up the activities of fisherman and the organization for fishery in Korean sea. Especially, the investigations by The Association for Korean Sea Fishery were repeated and detailed(1897~1900). The Association intervened the conflicts between Korean and Japanese fishermen. At the same time, The Association investigated the attitudes of Korean people to Japanese. The Guidelines for Fishery in Korean Sea by Kuzuu Syuzo was also very detail, especially in the kinds of fishes in Korean sea. These investigations were supported by Meiji government or organizations helped by government.
- 한일어업관계, 국사편찬위원회, 2002, pp.171-187.
- 윤소영, "1900년대 초 일본 측 조선어업 조사 자료에 보이는 독도", 한국독립운동사연구, 41, 2012, pp.5-43.
- 이근우, "한국수산지의 편찬과 그 목적에 대하여", 동북아문화연구, 27, 2011,pp.103-128.
- 장수호, "조선시대 말 일본의 韓海入漁장려책", 수산연구, 29, 2009, pp.25-41.
- 박영준, "서구군사체제의 수용과 근대일본", 日本硏究論叢, 16, 2002, pp.117-148.
- 關澤明淸 . 竹中芳香, 朝鮮通漁事情, 團團社書店,1893.
- 日本海軍水路部, 朝鮮水路誌, 水路部, 1894.
- 鏑木餘三男, 元山出張復命書, 外務部通商局, 1894.
- 葛生修亮, 韓海通漁指針, 黑龍會, 1903.
- 岡山縣水産試驗場, 朝鮮海漁業試驗調査報告, 岡山縣 水産試驗場, 1908.
- The Research Process and the Problems in Statistics of The Chronicle of Korea Fishery vol.45, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.12939/FBA.2014.45.3.039
- A Study on the Modern Lighthouse of Busan Harbor in the late Joseon Dynasty after Opening Port vol.38, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2014.38.5.541