- Volume 12 Issue 1
Fault diagnosis technique of electrical drives is becoming more and more important, since voltage fed converter system has become industrial standard in many applications. Many studies have been conducted an inverter fault diagnosis for induction motors. However, there are few researches about fault diagnosis of 3-phase ac/dc PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) converter compared to the dc/ ac inverter. The ac/dc converter is the opposite of dc/ac inverter at current flow. Also, inverter and converter have different current patterns under the same condition of IGBT (Insulated gate bipolar transistor) open switch fault. Therefore, it is difficult to apply intact diagnosis methods of inverter to the converter. This paper proposes modified fault detection methods for IGBT open switch fault in 3-phase ac/dc PWM converter by modifying established fault diagnostic methods for dc/ac inverters.
Converter;Diagnosis;Fault detection;Normalized DC Current Method;Open switch fault;Park's Vector Method
- Y. Suh and T. A. Lipo, "Control scheme in hybrid synchronous stationary frame for pwm ac/dc converter under generalized unbalanced operating conditions," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 42, No. 3, pp. 825-835, May/Jun. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2006.873673
- F. W. Fuchs, "Some diagnosis methods for voltage source inverters in variable speed drives with induction machines-A survey," in Proc. IEEE Ind. Conf., pp.1378-1385, 2003.
- M. A. Rodriguez, A. Claudio, D. Theilliol, and L. G. Vela, "A new fault detection technique for IGBT based on gate voltage monitoring," in Proc. IEEE Power Electron. Spec. Conf., pp. 1001-1005, 2007.
- F. Huang, F. Flett, "IGBT fault protection based on di/dt feedback control," in Proc. IEEE Power Electron. Spec. Conf., pp. 1478-1484, 2007.
- A. M. S. Mendes and A. J. M. Cardoso, "Fault diagnosis in a rectifierinverter system used in variable speed ac drives, by the average current park's vector approach," EPE'99. 8th European Conf. on Power Electronics and Applications. pp.1-9, 1999.
- S. Abramik, W. Sleszynski, J. Nieznanski, and H. Piquet, ??A Diagnostic Method for On-line Fault Detection and Localization in addressStreetVSI-Fed AC Drive," EPE 10th European Conf. on Power Electronics and Applications, pp.1-8, Proceedings of the 2003.
- R. Peuget and S. Courtine, ??Fault detection and isolation on a pwm inverter by knowledge-based model," IEEE Trans. on Ind. Appl., Vol.34, No.6, pp.1318-1325, Nov./Dec.1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.739017
- C. Kral and K. Kafka. "Power electronics monnitoring for a controlled voltage source inverter drive with induction machines," Proc. IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conf., Vol.1, pp.213-217, 2000.
- K. Rothenhagen and F.W.Fuchs, "Performance of diagnosis methods for IGBT open circuit faults in three phase voltage source inverters for ac variable speed drives," in Proc. Eur. Power Electron Appl. Conf., pp.1-10, 2005.
- D.-E. Kim and D.-C. Lee, "Fault diagnosis of three-phase PWM inverters using wavelet and SVM," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 377-385, May 2009.
- B. Lu and S. K. Sharma, "A literature review of IGBT fault diagnostic and protection methods for power inverters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl, Vol. 45, No. 5, pp.1770-1777, Sep./Oct. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2009.2027535
- B. Lu and S. K. Sharma, "A survey of IGBT fault diagnostic methods for three-phase power inverters," 2008 International Conference on Condition Monitoring and Diagnosis, pp.1-8, Oct. 2008.
- 1. Fault diagnosis and fault-tolerant control of photovoltaic micro-inverter vol.23, pp.9, 2016, doi:10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.120
- 2. Open Circuit Fault Diagnosis Using Stator Resistance Variation for Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Drives vol.13, pp.6, 2013, doi:10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.120
- 3. FPGA Based Robust Open Transistor Fault Diagnosis and Fault Tolerant Sliding Mode Control of Five-Phase PM Motor Drives vol.15, pp.1, 2015, doi:10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.120
- 4. Fault Diagnosis Method of Voltage Sensor in 3-phase AC/DC PWM Converters vol.1, pp.3, 2012, doi:10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.120
- 5. Direct Power Control of Three-Phase Boost Rectifiers by using a Sliding-Mode Scheme vol.13, pp.6, 2013, doi:10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.120
- 6. A Real-Time Method for the Diagnosis of Multiple Switch Faults in NPC Inverters Based on Output Currents Analysis vol.16, pp.4, 2016, doi:10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.120
- 7. Online computation of IGBT on-state resistance for off-shelf three-phase two-level power converter systems vol.64, 2016, doi:10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.120
- 8. Fault-Tolerant Strategy to Control a Reverse Matrix Converter for Open-Switch Faults in the Rectifier Stage vol.16, pp.1, 2016, doi:10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.120
- 9. Diagnosis and Fault-Tolerant Control of Three-Phase AC–DC PWM Converter Systems vol.49, pp.4, 2013, doi:10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.120
- 10. Open Fault Diagnosis Method for Five-Phase Induction Motor Driving System vol.65, pp.2, 2016, doi:10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.120
- 11. A Matlab and Simulink Based Three-Phase Inverter Fault Diagnosis Method Using Three-Dimensional Features vol.16, pp.3, 2016, doi:10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.120
- 12. Fault Detection for IGBT Using Adaptive Thresholds During the Turn-on Transient vol.62, pp.3, 2015, doi:10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.120
- 13. Current kernel density estimation based transistor open-circuit fault diagnosis in two-level three phase rectifier vol.52, pp.21, 2016, doi:10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.120
- 14. Tolerance Control for the Inner Open-Switch Faults of a T-Type Three-Level Rectifier vol.14, pp.6, 2014, doi:10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.120
- 15. Sensor Fault Detection, Localization, and System Reconfiguration with a Sliding Mode Observer and Adaptive Threshold of PMSM vol.16, pp.3, 2016, doi:10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.120
- 16. Tolerant Control for Power Transistor Faults in Switched Reluctance Motor Drives vol.51, pp.4, 2015, doi:10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.120
- 17. Current Similarity Analysis-Based Open-Circuit Fault Diagnosis for Two-Level Three-Phase PWM Rectifier vol.32, pp.5, 2017, doi:10.6113/JPE.2012.12.1.120