- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analysis of CO2 Fixation Capacity in Leaves of Ten Species in the Family Fagaceae
제주도 자생 참나무과 식물의 대기 중 CO2 흡수 능력의 비교분석
- Oh, Soon-Ja (Institute for Field Science Education and Research) ;
- Shin, Chang-Hoon (Research Institute for Hallasan) ;
- Kim, Chul-Soo (Research Institute for Hallasan) ;
- Kang, Hee-Suk (Research Institute for Hallasan) ;
- Kang, Kyeng-Min (Research Institute for Hallasan) ;
- Yang, Yun-Hi (Research Institute for Hallasan) ;
- Koh, Seok-Chan (Department of Biology, Jeju National University)
- 오순자 (자연교육연구소) ;
- 신창훈 (한라산연구소) ;
- 김철수 (한라산연구소) ;
- 강희석 (한라산연구소) ;
- 강경민 (한라산연구소) ;
- 양윤희 (한라산연구소) ;
- 고석찬 (제주대학교 생물학과)
- Received : 2011.10.18
- Accepted : 2011.12.22
- Published : 2012.01.31
The rate of photosynthesis (A) of leaves from 10 plant species (6 evergreen and 4 deciduous) of the family Fagaceae was measured using a portable photosynthesis analyzer, to examine which species take up
Fagaceae;Photosynthetic rate;Castanopsis cuspidata var. sieboldii;Quercus acutissima;
- Ciborowski, P., 1989, Sources, sinks, trends, and opportunities, in: Abrahamson, D. E. (ed.), The Challenge of Global Warming, Island Press, Washington, D.C., 213-230.
- Corcuera, L., Morales, F., Abadia, A., Gil-Pelegrin, E., 2005, Seasonal changes in photosynthesis and photoprotection in a Quercus ilex subsp. ballota woodland located in its upper altitudinal extreme in the Iberian Peninsula, Tree Physiol., 25, 599- 608. https://doi.org/10.1093/treephys/25.5.599
- Damesin, C., Rambal, S., 1995, Field study of leaf photosynthetic performance by a Mediterranean deciduous oak tree (Quercus pubescens) during a severe summer drought, New Phytol., 131, 159-167. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1469-8137.1995.tb05717.x
- Gratani, L., Pesoli, P., Crescente, M. F., 1998, Relationship between photosynthetic activity and chlorophyll content in an isolated Quercus ilex L. tree during the year, Photosynthetica, 35, 445-451. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1006924621078
- Gratani, L., Pesoli, P., Crescente, M. F., Aichner, K., Larcher, W., 2000, Photosynthesis as a temperature indicator in Quercus ilex L., Global Planet. Change, 24, 153-163. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-8181(99)00061-2
- Haldimann, P., Feller, U., 2004, Inhibition of photosynthesis by high temperature in oak (Quercus pubescens L.) leaves growth under natural conditions closely correlates with a reversible heat-dependent reduction of the activation state of ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase, Plant, Cell and Environ., 27, 1169-1183. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3040.2004.01222.x
- IPCC, 2007, Climate change 2007: Mitigation of climate change, Contribution working group shos contribution to the fourth assessment report of the lntergovernmental panel on climate change, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, New York, U.S.A., 176.
- Jo, H. K., 2002, Impacts of urban greenspace on offsetting carbon emissions for middle Korea, J. Environ. Manag., 64, 115-126. https://doi.org/10.1006/jema.2001.0491
- Kim, J. W., 1992, Vegetation of Northest Asia. on the syntaxonomy and syngeography of the oak and beech forests, Ph. D. Dissertation, Wien University, Vienna, Austria.
- Larcher, W., 2000, Temperature stress and survival ability of Mediterranean sclerophyllous plants, Plant Biosyst., 134(3), 279-295. https://doi.org/10.1080/11263500012331350455
- Lee, S. K., Son, Y. W., Noh, N. J., Heo, S. J., Yoon, T. K., Lee, A. R., Sarah, A. R., Lee, W. K., 2009, Carbon storage of natural pine and oak pure and mixed forests in Hoengseong, Kangwon, J. Korean For. Soc., 98(6), 772-779 (written in Korean with English abstract).
- Ogaya, R., Penuelas, J., 2003, Comparative seasonal gas exchange and chlorophyll fluorescence of two dominant woody species in a Holm Oak Forest, Flora, 198, 132-141. https://doi.org/10.1078/0367-2530-00085
- Rodhe, H., 1990, A comparison of the contributions of various gases to the greenhouse effect, Science, 248, 1217-1219. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.248.4960.1217
- Oh, S. J., Koh, S. C., 2004, Chlorophyll fluorescence and antioxidative enzyme activity of Crinum leaves exposed to natural environmental stress in winter, Korean J. Environ. Biol., 22(1), 233-241 (written in Korean with English abstract).
- Ramanathan, V., 1989, Observed increases in greenhouse gases and predicted climatic changes, in: Abrahamson, D. E. (ed.), The Challenge of Global Warming, Island Press, Washington, D.C., 239-247.
- Royer, D. L., Osborne, C. P., Beerling, D. J., 2005, Contrasting seasonal patterns of carbon gain in evergreen and deciduous trees of ancient polar forests, Paleobiol., 31(1), 141-150. https://doi.org/10.1666/0094-8373(2005)031<0141:CSPOCG>2.0.CO;2
- Song, M. S., 2007, Analysis of distribution and association structure on the sawtooth oak (Quercus acutissima) forest in Korea, Ph. D. Dissertation, Changwon University, Korea (written in Korean with English abstract).
- Westin, J., Sundblad, L. G., Hallgren, J. E., 1995, Seasonal variation in photochemical activity and hardiness in clones of Norway spruce (Picea abies), Tree Physiol., 15, 685-689. https://doi.org/10.1093/treephys/15.10.685
- Physical and Mechanical Properties of Quercus glauca Thunberg according to Forest Stand Characteristics vol.44, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2016.44.5.767