- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Monitoring and Risk Assessment of Pesticide Residues in Commercial Environment Friendly Fruits and Fruiting Vegetables
유통 친환경 과실류와 과채류 중 농약잔류 실태조사 및 안전성 평가
- Lee, Jae Yun ;
- Noh, Hyun Ho ;
- Park, So Hyun ;
- Lee, Kwang Hun ;
- Park, Hyo Kyoung ;
- Hong, Su Myeong ;
- Kim, Doo Ho ;
- Kyung, Kee Sung
- Received : 2012.10.26
- Accepted : 2012.11.28
- Published : 2012.12.31
In order to monitor the residual pesticides in environment friendly agricultural commodities, fruits and fruiting vegetables. Twenty-five agricultural commodities were collected twice in May and August 2011 from nine environment friendly agricultural commodities-selling supermarkets and retail stores located in eight major cities in Korea. The number of each agricultural commodity collected, 555 samples in total, was 152 organic agricultural products, 202 pesticide-free agricultural products and 201 low-pesticide agricultural products. Pesticide residues in samples were analyzed by multiresidue method for 245 pesticides using a GC-ECD/NPD and an HPLC-DAD/FLD and the peaks suspected as pesticides were identified with a GC/MSD. As a result of pesticide residue analysis, three pesticides, bifenthrin, EPN and chlorpyrifos, were detected from four samples including apple, representing a detection rate of 0.72%. The residue levels of the four pesticide-detected samples were less than their maximum residue limits (MRLs) but one pesticide EPN detected from pear exceeded its legible criterion of one twentieth MRL. Estimated daily intakes of the pesticides detected from fruits and fruiting vegetables were less than 0.76% of their maximum permissible intake.
Environment friendly agricultural product;Monitoring;Residual pesticide;Maximum permissible intake
- Chungbuk National University (CBNU) (2005) Bio Environmental Friendly Agriculture, pp.1-6.
- Codex Alimentarius Commission (1999) Report of the Twenty- Sixth Session of the Codex Committee on Food Labelling, ALINORM 99/12.
- Environmentally-friendly Agriculture Promotion Act (2011) Enforcement Regulations. Attachment 3. Certification Criteria.
- Hwang, C. J. (2009) A Study on the purchase factors of the environment friendly agricultural products and measures to promote the purchase, Hanseo University, Ph.D. Thesis
- Lee, J. Y., H. H. Noh, K. H. Lee, S. H. Park and K. S. Kyung (2012) Monitoring of resticide residues in commercial environmental-friendly stalk and stem vegetables and leafy vegetables and risk assessment, Kor. J. Pest. Sci. 16(1):43-53. https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2012.16.1.043
- Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MIFAFF) (2011) Direction of Environmental-friendly Agricultural Policy, pp.2-10.
- Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MIFAFF) (2012) Statistics of Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, pp.260-265.
- Moon, K. M., J. W. Park, Y. G. Lee, Y. W. Choi (2011) Pesticide multiresidues analysis of environmental-friendly agricultural soils by the complex cleanup method of accelerated solvent extraction (ASE) and solid phase extraction (SPE), Journal of Agriculture & Life Science 45(5):73-80.
- National Agricultural Products Quality Management Service (NAQS) (2010) 2009 The Annual Report for Quality Management of Agricultural Products, pp.18-23.
- National Agricultural Products Quality Management Service (NAQS) (2012) 2011 The Annual Report for Quality Management of Agricultural Products, pp.27-58.
- Noh, H. H., Y. S. Park, K. W. Kang, H. K. Park, K. H. Lee, J. Y. Lee, K. W. Yeop, S. R. Choi and K. S. Kyung (2010) Monitoring of pesticide residues in leafy vegetables collected from wholesale and traditional markets in Cheongju, Kor. J. Pest. Sci. 14(4):381-393.
- Park, J. S., (2005) Environmental-friendly Agricultural Promotion Policy, Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
- Rural Development Administration (RDA) (2000) Safety and Crop Protection of Pesticide. pp.1-11.
- Korea Food and Drug Administration (KFDA) (2004) Study to Improve the Tolerance Setting System of Pesticide Residues in Foods.
- Korea Food and Drug Administration (KFDA) (2005) Survey on the Heavy Metals in Agricultural Products. pp.1-7.
- Korea Food and Drug Administration (KFDA) (2011) MRLs for Pesticides in Foods. pp.2-6.
- Korea Food and Drug Administration Pesticide Residue Database (2012) http://fse.foodnara.go.kr/residue/pesticides/ pesticides_info.jsp.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청