- Volume 28 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A New Record of Perixera punctata (Lepidoptera: Geometridae) from Korea
- Choi, Sei-Woong (Department of Environmental Education, Mokpo National University) ;
- Kim, Sung-Soo (Research Institute for East Asian Environment and Biology)
- Received : 2011.12.23
- Accepted : 2011.01.06
- Published : 2012.01.31
A sterrhine species, Perixera punctata (Warren) is reported for the first time from Korea. One male and one female were collected from Jeju Island, South Korea. Perixera punctata can be distinguished by the long bipectinate male antennae, the blackish discal dot and a large dark grayish dot on the subcosta of the forewings and a large dark brownish discal dot and blackish undulating postmedial line on the hindwings. In the male genitalia, a long slender valva with two arm-shaped costal processes is a distinguishing character. In the female genitalia, long and medially twisted ductus bursae with a colliculum, and large, ovate corpus bursae with minute dots are distinguishing characters. Diagnosis and description of the species are given with figures of the male and female genitalia.
Grant : survey and excavation of Korean indigenous species
Supported by : National Institute of Biological Resources (NIBR)
- Holloway JD, 1997. The moths of Borneo, part 10. Geometridae, Sterrhinae, Larentiinae, addenda to other subfamilies. Malayan Nature Journal, 51:1-242.
- Prout LB, 1938. Die Indoaustralischen Spanner. In: Die Gross- Schmetterlinge des Indoaustralischen Faunengebietes. Bd. 12. (Ed., Seitz A). Verlag des Seitzschen Werkes, Stuttgart, p. 166.
- Scoble MJ, 1992. The Lepidoptera, form, function and diversity. Oxford University Press, Oxford, pp. 1-404.
- Scoble MJ, 1999. Geometrid moths of the world: a catalogue (Lepidoptera, Geometridae). Vol. 2. Apollo Books, Stenstrup, pp. 714-718.
- Warren W, 1897. New genera and species of moths from the Old-world regions, in the Tring Museum. Novitates Zoologicae, 4:12-130.