- Volume 28 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Distribution Characteristic of Exploitable Macrobenthic Invertebrates of Beach Sediments in the Southern Coastal Water of Jeju Island
제주남부해역 사질대 유용생물 분포특성
- Received : 2012.08.06
- Accepted : 2012.09.08
- Published : 2012.09.30
This study was performed to know the community structure of macrobenthos and environmental factors at each 16 stations in the subtidal sandy bottoms of the southern coastal water of Jeju Island from July to November, 2011. Mean temperature and mean salinity were
macrobenthos;environmental factors;subtial sand bottom;Jeju Island
- Bayne, B.L, Brown, D.A, Burns, K, Dixon, D.R, Ivanovici, A., Livingstone, D.R, Lowe, D.M., Moore, M.N., Stebbing, A.R.D. and Widdows. J. (1985) The effects of stress and pollution on marine animals (Praeger special stduies). Praeger Scientific, Westport, C.T. P. 9.
- Choi, J.W., Je, J.G., Lee, J.H. and Lim, H.S. (2000) Distribution pattern of macrobenthic invertebrates on the shallow subtidal sandy bottoms near Kangrung, east coast of Korea, Journal of the Korean Society of Oceanography, 5: 346-356. [in Korean]
- Choi, J.W. and Ko, C.H. (1990) Distribution pattern of polychaete worms on the continental shelf and slope of the east sea (southwestern sea of Japan), Korea. Journal of the Korean Society of Oceanography, 25: 36-48. [in Korean]
- Choi, Y.C., Ko, Y.B. and Lee, J.B. (1992) Biological studies of the southern coastal area in Cheju Island. 1; Sea water properties of coastal zone around Seogwipo. Journal of Korean Earth Science Society, 13: 327-335. [in Korean]
- Choi. K.S., Je, J.G. and Lee, J.J (2000) Commercially exploitable marine bivalves in Jeju Island, Korea. Korean Society of Underwater Science & Technology, 2: 26-36. [in Korean]
- Choi, J.W., Kim, D.S., Shin. S.H. and Je, J.G. (1998) Spatial distribution of macrobenthos in the sandflat of Taebudo, Kyonggi Bay, the west coast of Korea. Ocean Res., 20: 97-104. [in Korean]
- Choe, B.L (1992) Illustrated Encyclopedia of Fauna and Flora of Korea Vol. 33 Mollusca(II). Ministry of Education, Seoul, 860pp., 126pls.
- Choi, D.S and Lee, I.K. (1989) Notes on Amphiroa (Rhodophyta) from Cheju Island. Korea Journal of Botny, 32: 363-373.
- Choi. K.S. (1996) Report on the five macrobenthic bivalves collected from the subtidal area of Segwipo, Cheju, Korea. Bull. Mar. Res. Inst. Cheju Nat. Univ., pp. 1-7
- Farfante, I.P. and B. Kensly. (1997) Penaeoid and Sergestioid shrimps and prawns of the World, keys and diagnoses for the families and genera. Memoirs du Museum National d''Histoire Naturelle, 233pp.
- Habe, T. (1977) Systematics of Mollusca in Japan. Bivalvia and Scaphopoda. Zukan-no-Hokuryukan Co., Tokyo, 372pp., 72pls.
- Han, T.H. (1998) A geomorphological study on beach and sand dune in Jeju Island. Journal of The Geomorphological Association of Korea, 5: 73-87. [in Korean]
- Hily, C. (1983) Macrozoobenthic recolonization after dredging in a sand mud area of the Bay of Brest enriched by organic matter. Oceanol. Acta, Proc. 17th Europ. Mar. Biol. Symp., Brest, France, 1982, 113-120.
- Kang, D.H., Choi, K.S. and Chung, S.C. (1999) An ecological study on the Sand Dollar, Astriclypenus manni (VERRIL 1867), in Hamdock, Cheju Korea. Journal of Fisheries Society, 32: 345-352. [in Korean]
- Kim, I.O. and Rho, H.K. (1994) A study China coastal water appeared in the neighbouring seas of Cheju Island. Bulletin of Korean FIsheries Society, 27: 515-528. [in Korean]
- Kim, H.S. (1985) Systemtic studies on crustaceans of Korea, 1. Decapods. Proceedings of the College of Natural Science, Seoul National University, 10: 63-94.
- Ko, J.C., Kim, J.T., Kim, S.H. and Rho, H.K. (2003) Fluctuation Characteristics of Temperature and Salinity in Coastal Waters around Jeju Island, Korea. Journal of Fisheries Society, 36: 306-316. [in Korean]
- Ko, J.C., Koo, J.H. and Yang, M.H. (2008) Characteristics of ocean environmental factors and community structure of macrobenthos around Munseom, Jeju Island, Korea. Korean Journal of Malacology, 24: 215-228. [in Korean]
- Ko, J.C., Koo, J.H., Lee, S.J., Chang, D.S. and Jo, S.H. (2011) Community structure of macrobenthic invertebrates of fishing grounds in the coastal waters of Jeju Island, Korea. Korean Journal of Malacology, 27: 229-246. [in Korean] https://doi.org/10.9710/kjm.2011.27.3.229
- Lee, J.J., Kang, K.C. and Kim, J.C. (2001) Spatial species diversity of macrobenthos in the intertidal zone of Hwasoon, Jeju Island. Korean Journal of Malacology, 17: 63-70. [in Korean]
- Lee, J.J. and Hyun, J.M. (2002) Species diversity and community structure of macrobenthic invertebrate inhabiting intertidal zone near Songacksan area, Jeju Island. Korean Journal of Malacology, 18: 41-52. [in Korean]
- Lee, J.J., Hyun, J.M. and Kim, J.C. (1995) Bioecological study of the upwelling area around Cheju Islandcommunity structure of the benthic macroinvertebrates at the rocky interidal zone of Chagwi-do, Cheju Island. Korean Journal of Malacology, 11: 1-20. [in Korean]
- Lee, J.J. and Kim, J.C. (1993) Bioecological studies of the western coastal area in Cheju Island. - Distribution and seasonal community changes of the benthic macroinvertebrates on the rocky intertidal zone of Biyangdo. Korean Journal of Malacology, 9: 68-84. [in Korean]
- Lee, D.I., H.S., Yoon, Y.H., Choi, Y.C. and Lee, J.H. (2005) Summer environmental evaluation of water and sediment quality in the south sea and east China sea. Journal of Korea Society for Marine Environmental Engineering, 8: 83-99. [in Korean]
- Lim, H.S. (1993) Ecology on the macrozoobenthos in Chinhae Bay of Korea. Ph. D. Thesis. Nat. Fish. Univ. Pusan. 24pp. [in Korean]
- Madsen, O.S. and Grant, W.D. (1976) Quantitative description of sediment transport by waves, Inter. Conf. on Coastal Eng., Proc. 15th., pp. 1093-1112.
- Margalef, D.R. (1958) Imformation theory in ecology. General systems, 3: 36-71.
- McNaughton, S.J. (1967) Relationship among functional properties of California grassland. Nature, 216: 168-169.
- Miyake, S. (1983a) Japanese crustacean decapods and stomatopods in color. Vol. I, Macrura, Anomura and Stomatopoda. Hoikusha Pulblishing Co., Ltd., 261pp.
- NFRDI (National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) (2002) A study on Fisheries Resources by bivalves in the Coastal Waters of Jeju Island. pp. 1-18. [in Korean]
- NFRDI (National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) (2010b) Habitats Characteristics and Biological Research on Fisheries Resources Enhancement in Coastal Area of Korea. 222pp. [in Korean]
- Parsons, T. R., Y. Maita and C. M. Lalli. (1984) A manual of chemical and biological methods for seawater analysis. Pergamon Press. pp. 173.
- Pielou, E.C. (1969) An introduction to mathematical ecology. pp. 291-331, Wiley-interscience.
- Pomory, C.M., Robbins, B.D. and Michael, T.L. (1995) Sediment grain size preference by the sand dollar Mellita tenuis Clark, 1940 (Echinodermata: Echinoidea): a laboratory study. Bulletin of marine science, 56: 778-783.
- Rho H.K. (1985) Studies on arine environmental of fishing ground in the waters around Jeju Island PH.D. Thesis, Tokyo University, pp. 215.
- Sakai, T. (1976) Crabs of Japan and the adjacent seas. Kodansha. Ltd., 773pp.
- Seo, J.Y. and Choi, J.W. (2010) The macrozoobenthic community at the expected sand excavation area in the southern continental shelf of Korea, Journal of the Korean Society of Oceanography, 2: 68-71. [in Korean]
- Shepard, F.P. (1973) Submarine geology. Harper and Row Publishers, NY, USA, 123-161.
- Shin, H.C. and Ko, C.H. (1993) Distribution and abundance of ophiuroids on the continental shelf and slope of the east sea (southwestern sea of Japan), Korea. Marine Biology, 115: 393-399. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00349837
- Shannon, C. E. and W. Wiener. (1949) The mathematical theory of communication. 125 pp. University of Illinois Press, Chicago.
- Snelgrove PVR and CA Butman. (1994) Animal-sediment relationships revisited : cause versus effect. Oceanography and Marine Biology: an Annual Review, 32: 111-177.
- The Korean Society of Systematic Zoology. (1997) List of animals in Korea(excluding insects). Academy Press, 489pp.
- Yang, M.H., Moon, T.S., Yu, J.T., Ko, J.C. and Chang, D.S. (2007) Species appearance and seasonal variation of macrobenthic invertebrate in the coastal water of Chagwi-do, Jeju Island. Korean Journal of Malacology, 23: 235-243. [in Korean]
- Youn, J.S. and Ko, G.W. (1994) Seasonal variations of beach sediments in Cheju Island, Korea. Journal of Korean Earth Science Society, 15: 46-59. [in Korean]
- Yu, O.H., Koh, B.S., Lee, H.G. and Lee, J.H. (2004) Effect of environmental variables on changes in macrobenthic communities in the coastal area of Inchon, Korea. Journal of Fisheries Society, 37: 423-432. [in Korean]
- (Bivalvia: Veneridae) at the Northern Boundary of Its Range vol.2014, pp.1537-744X, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/235416
- Species composition and community structure of benthic crustacean assemblage around Oryukdo in southeastern waters off Korea vol.50, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.4.604
- Seasonal Variations in the Species Composition of Fisheries Resources Caught by Trammel Net in the Uljin Marine Ranching Area, East Sea vol.48, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2015.0947
- Species composition and distribution property of dredge fishery in Yeongil Bay, Korea vol.52, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2016.52.1.048
Supported by : 국립수산과학원