- Volume 28 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Measurement of Wear and Friction Coefficients for the Prediction of Fretting Wear
프레팅 마멸계수 및 마찰계수 측정에 관한 연구
- Cho, Yong Joo (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Tae Wan (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2012.04.10
- Accepted : 2012.05.04
- Published : 2012.06.30
The prediction of fretting wear is a significant issue for the design of contacting mechanical components such as flexible couplings and splines, jointed structures and so on. In our earlier study, we developed a numerical model to predict the fretting wear using boundary element method. The developed algorithm needs experimental fretting wear coefficients and friction coefficients between two moving materials to get more reliable results. In this study, therefore, we demonstrated the measurement method of the fretting wear coefficients and friction coefficients using disk on plate tribometer with piazo actuator and gap sensor. For four different material combinations, the fretting wear coefficients and friction coefficients are acquired through the fretting wear experiment and the analysis of the measured values. Thess results are useful to predict the quantative fretting wear rate in the developed algorithm.
Supported by : 부경대학교
- R. B. Waterhouse, Fretting Corrosion, Pergamon, Oxford, 1972.
- Tomlinson, G. A., "The Rusting of Steel Surfaces in Contact," Proceedings of the Royal Society (London), Vol. 115A, pp. 472-483, 1927.
- R. B. Waterhouse, Fretting wear, in ASM Handbook, Vol. 18, Friction, Lubrication, and Wear Technology, ASM International, pp. 242-256, 1992.
- C.H.H. Ratsimba, I.R. McColl, E. J. Williams, S.B. Leen, and H. P. Soh, "Measurement, Analysis and prediction of Fretting Wear Damage in a Representative Aeroengine Spline Coupling," Wear, Vol. 257, pp. 1193-1206, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2004.08.003
- H. Endo and E. Maru, "Studies on Fretting Wear: Influence of Rubbing Surface Materials and Some Considerations," Wear, Vol. 253, pp. 795-802, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(02)00226-0
- I. R. McColl, J. Ding, and S. B. Leen, "Finite Element. Simulation and Experimental Validation of Fretting Wear," Wear, Vol. 256, pp. 1114-1127, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2003.07.001
- 김종성, 이상돈, 조용주, "프레팅 마멸에 의한 접촉 응력 및 표면형상 변화 예측에 관한 연구," 한국윤활학회지, 제25권, pp. 114-119, 2009.
- 김응진, 이상돈, 조용주, "스플라인 커플링의 프레팅마멸 예측에 관한 연구," 한국윤활학회지, 제25권, pp. 256-260, 2009.
- T. W. Kim, S. M. Moon, and Y. J. Cho, "Prediction of Fretting Wear Using Boundary Element Method," Tribology International, Vol. 44, pp. 1571-1576, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.triboint.2010.10.009
- Fretting Corrosion Behavior of Silver-Plated Electric Connectors with Constant Displacement Amplitude vol.30, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9725/kstle.2014.30.2.99