- Volume 30 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Optimum Application Amount, Timing, and Frequency of Slurry Composted and Biofiltered Liquid Fertilizer for Zoysia japonica 'Millock'
- Park, Suejin (Department of Plant Science, Seoul National University) ;
- Lee, Seung Youn (Department of Plant Science, Seoul National University) ;
- Ryu, Ju Hyun (Department of Plant Science, Seoul National University) ;
- Jung, Hyun Hwan (Department of Plant Science, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Ki Sun (Department of Plant Science, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2012.05.24
- Accepted : 2012.09.06
- Published : 2012.12.31
In Korea, slurry composted and biofiltered (SCB) liquid fertilizer is produced through the composting and biofiltering of animal waste. An appropriate guidelines involving proper treatment of SCB liquid fertilizer on turfgrass should be considered. An experiment was conducted to determine the optimum application amount, timing, and frequency of SCB liquid fertilizer for Zoysia japonica 'Millock'. The SCB liquid fertilizer was applied in low, medium, and high amount (N at 15, 25, and 40
Grant : Cooperative Research Program for Agriculture Science & Technology Development
Supported by : Rural Development Administration
- Bilgili, U. and E. Acikgoz. 2005. Year-round nitrogen fertilization effects on growth and quality of sports turf mixtures. J. Plant Nutr. 28:299-307. https://doi.org/10.1081/PLN-200047619
- Bowman, D.C. and C.T. Rufty. 2002. Fate and transport of nitrogen applied to six warm-season turfgrasses. Crop Sci. 42:833-841. https://doi.org/10.2135/cropsci2002.0833
- Bremmer, J.M. 1996. Nitrogen-total, p. 1085-1121. In: J.M. Bartels and D.L. Sparks (eds.). Methods of soil analysis. Part 3-Chemical methods, Soil Science Society of America, Madison, W.I.
- Cheng, H., W. Xu, J. Liu, Q. Zhao, Y. He, and G. Chen. 2007. Application of composted sewage sludge (CSS) as a soil amendment for turfgrass growth. Ecol. Eng. 29:96-104. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoleng.2006.08.005
- Eghball, B. and J.F. Power. 1999. Composted and noncomposted manure application to conventional and no-tillage systems: Corn yield and nitrogen uptake. Agron. J. 91:819-825. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1999.915819x
- Frank, K.W.O.R., K.M. Crum, J.R. Calhoun, and N. Ronald. 2006. The fate of nitrogen applied to a mature Kentucky bluegrass turf. Crop Sci. 46:209-215. https://doi.org/10.2135/cropsci2005.04-0039
- Gaudreau, J.E., D.M. White, R.H. Provin, and T.L. Munster. 2002. Response of turf and quality of water runoff to manure and fertilizer. J. Environ. Qual. 31:1316-1322. https://doi.org/10.2134/jeq2002.1316
- Go, S.K., H.S. Tae, and C.H. Pyu. 2006. Effect of animal organic soil amendment on growth of Korean lawngrass and Kentucky bluegrass. Kor. J. Turfgrass Sci. 20:33-40.
- Ham, S.K., Y.S. Kim, T.S. Kim, K.S. Kim, and C.H. Park. 2009. The effect of SCB (slurry compostion and biofilter) liquid fertilizer on growth of creeping bentgrasss. Kor. J. Turfgrass Sci. 23:91-100.
- Hanson, A.A. and F.V. Juska. 1961. Winter root activity in Kentucky bluegrass (Poa pratensh L.). Agron. J. 53:372-374. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1961.00021962005300060005x
- Jo, N.C., J.S. Shin, S.H. Kim, S.H. Yoon, S. Hwangbo, M.W. Jung, K.D. Lee, W.H. Kim, S. Seo, J.G. Kim, C.E. Song, and K.C. Choi. 2010. Study on summer forage crop cultivation using SCB (slurry composting-biofilteration) liquid fertilizer on reclaimed land. J. Kor. Grassl. Forage Sci. 30:121-126. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2010.30.2.121
- Kang, B.K., H.H. Jung, and K.S. Kim. 2010. Effect of slurry composted and biofiltered solution as an organic fertilizer on the growth of zoysiagrass. Hort. Environ. Biotechnol. 51:507-512.
- Kim, H.Y., K.S. Gwak, H.Y. Kim, K.O. Ryu, P.G. Kim, D.H. Cho, J.Y. Choi, and I.G. Choi. 2011. Effect of treatment amounts of slurry composting and biofitration liquid fertilizer on growth characteristics and bioethanol production of yellow poplar. Kor. Soc. Wood Sci. Tech. 39:459-468. https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2011.39.6.459
- Kim, Y.S., S.K. Ham, and H.J. Lim. 2012. Monitoring of soil chemical properties and pond water quality in golf courses after application of SCB liquid fertilizer. Asian J. Turfgrass Sci. 26:44-53.
- Kushwaha, J.P., V.C. Srivastava, and I.D. Mall. 2010. Treatment of dairy wastewater by inorganic coagulants: Parametric and disposal studies. Water Res. 44:5867-5874. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2010.07.001
- Lim, T.J., S.D. Hong, S.H. Kim, and J.M. Park. 2008. Evaluation of yield and quality from red pepper for application rates of pig slurry composting biofiltration. Kor. J. Environ. Agr. 27:171-177. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2008.27.2.171
- McLaughlin, M.R., T.E. Fairbrother, and D.E. Rowe. 2004. Nutrient uptake by warm-season perennial grasses in a swine effluent spray field. Agron. J. 96:484-493. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj2004.0484
- Misselbrook, T.H., P.J. Hobbs, and K.C. Persaud. 1997. Use of an electronic nose to measure odour concentration following application of cattle slurry to grassland. J. Agr. Eng. Res. 66:213-220. https://doi.org/10.1006/jaer.1996.0135
- Moore, R.W., N.E. Christians, and M.L. Agnew. 1996. Response of three Kentucky bluegrass cultivars to sprayable nitrogen fertilizer programs. Crop Sci. 36:1296-1301. https://doi.org/10.2135/cropsci1996.0011183X003600050037x
- Mulvaney, R.L. 1996. Nitrogen-inorganic forms, p. 1123-1184. In: J.M. Bartels and D.L. Sparks (eds.). Methods of soil analysis. Part 3-Chemical methods, Soil Science Society of America, Madison, W.I.
- Oral, N. and E. Acikgoz. 2001. Effects of nitrogen application timing on growth and quality of a turfgrass mixture. J. Plant Nutr. 24:101-109. https://doi.org/10.1081/PLN-100000315
- Park, J.M., T.J. Lim, S.E. Lee, and I.B. Lee. 2011. Effect of pig slurry fertigation on soil chemical properties and growth and development of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.). Kor. J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44:194-199. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.2.194
- Schlossberg, M.J. and J.P. Schmidt. 2007. Influence of nitrogen rate and form on quality of putting greens cohabited by creeping bentgrass and annual bluegrass. Agron. J. 99:99-106. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj2006.0136
- Seo, Y.H., B.O. Cho, H.K. Choi, A.S. Kang, B.C. Jeong, and Y.S. Jung. 2010. Impact of continuous application of swine slurry on changes in soil properties and yields of tomatoes and cucumbers in a greenhouse. Kor. J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43:446-452.
- Smith, L.W. and W.E. Wheeler. 1979. Nutritional and economic value of animal excreta. J. Anim. Sci. 48:144-156.
- Vukina, T. 2003. The relationship between contracting and livestock waste pollution. Rev. Agr. Econ. 25:66-88. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-9353.00046
- Wehner, D.J., J.E. Haley, and D.L. Martin. 1988. Late fall fertilization of Kentucky bluegrass. Agron. J. 80:466-471. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1988.00021962008000030015x
- Wilkinson, J.F. and D.T. Duff. 1972. Effects of fall fertilization on cold resistance, color, and growth of Kentucky bluegrass. Agron. J. 64:345-348. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1972.00021962006400030027x
- Inhibition of in Vitro Growth of Three Soil-borne Turfgrass Diseases by Antagonistic Bacteria from Composted Liquid Manure vol.32, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7235/hort.2014.14085