- Volume 13 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Current State of Senile Dementia and Improvement of the Long Term Care Insurance for Elderly People
치매노인의 현황과 노인장기요양보험법상의 개선방안
- Received : 2012.11.15
- Accepted : 2012.12.06
- Published : 2012.12.31
As the society has been ageing, senile dementia increase rapidly. Thus social costs of dementia treatment and management increase exceedingly. There is a desperate need of finding out improvements.. For example, foreign countries come with the solutions about this issue by establishing national strategy about Dementia, setting effective Dementia Management in national level and preparing legal systems. Older Welfare Act, Long Term Care Insurance Act for the Aged and Dementia Management Act exist as legal system of improvements. Improvement about this issue is needed due to more effective Dementia management and pushing ahead policies. First of all, the government needs to include dementia checkup into the list of national health insurance checkup toward senior citizen of older than 65-year-old. Secondly, as one of the characteristics of dementia, when more symptoms of dementia appear, there is less effect of treatment. Therefore, in order to reduce the social costs of Dementia, the government needs to promote Dementia prevention industry and early checkups. Thirdly, there is a need of setting a class judgement standard appeasement policy and expansion of using target. The reason of processing this statement is that there are difficulties of satisfying the needs of senior citizens due to current conformity of long-term pay recuperation according to laws of welfare.
Dementia;Aged(Aging) Society;Dementia Management Act;Welfare Act for the aged Long-Term Care Insurance Act for the Aged;Elderly care services
- G. E. Kim, Confronting tasks of Kyung-nam Prov. Government in compliance with the enactment of dementia management law, Brief on Kyung-nam Policy, 2011. 10.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, Survey on the occurrence of dementia in 2008.
- SNU Hospital, Survey on the occurrence of senile dementia in 2008.
- SNU Hospital, Survey report on the Korea elderly people's cognition of dementia, 2008.
- National Health Insurance Corp., Analysis of Socio-economical cost of dementia patient, 2005.
- SNU Institute of Industry and Academy, Study on the preparation of dementia management law, 2010,
- B. S. Jang, Role of the law of elderly welfare following the enactment of the law of long term treatment insurance for elderly people, Chunbuk university's compendium of law, Vol. 32, 2011. 5
- H. Y. Lee, Present situation and problems of the law for elderly welfare of Korea, Collection of treaties on law, Vol. 32(2), 2011.
- J. H. Cho, Problems and its solutions of the law of long term treatment insurance for elderly people, Committe of law for elderly, Sam-woo publish co., 2009.
- S. J. Choi, Issues and problems of the enforcement of elderly care insurance law, Korea society of elderly science and research, the 9th Forum on the aging society, 2006. 2.
- OECD, Long-term Carr for Older People. Paris, 2005
- I. H. Choi, Policy of the support on family care for elderly people: Improvement of the law of long term treatment insurance for elderly people and additional support, 2011 Issue paer of KWDI, 2011. 12
- The status and problems of grade evaluation in implementing the law of long term treatment insurance for elderly people, Korea institute for health and social affairs, 2012. 5
- S. J. Choi, What we expect from the dementia management law, article of Friday column, Senescence Times, 2012. 5. 4
- National Health Insurance Corp., 2002-2007, Result of the analysis on the treatment trend in geriatric disease, 2008.
- Integration of Application Program for Dementia Diagnosis using Biometric Sensor and Oxygen Chamber vol.14, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.11.5847
- A preliminary study on the Effectiveness of Group Occupational therapy program for Dementia Patient in Day-care center vol.16, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.3.2055
- A Systematic Review of Nonpharmacological Interventions for Moderate to Severe Dementia: A Study Protocol for a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis vol.15, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.30773/pi.2017.09.06
Supported by : 인제대학교