- Volume 27 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Changes in the Quality Characteristics of Kongsulgidduk According to the Amount of Sugar Added and the Type of Sweeteners Used
당의 종류와 첨가량에 따른 콩설기의 품질 특성 변화
- Kweon, Seok-Yim (Department of Food Service and Management, Graduate School of Sejong University) ;
- Kim, Jeong-Mee (Department of Food Service and Management, Graduate School of Sejong University)
- Received : 2012.08.06
- Accepted : 2012.10.30
- Published : 2012.12.30
This study was conducted to improve the quality of Kongsulgidduk prepared with soyflour and sweeteners. The quality was affected by the type of sweeteners used (sugar, syrup, honey), as well as the amount used (5-20%). Rheological properties showed that when more sugar was added to Kongsulgidduk, the hardness, gumminess and brittleness were lower. In addition, more than 10% sugar led to a significant decrease in hardness, gumminess and brittleness. The addition of honey increased the hardness, but decreased cohesiveness and brittleness of Kongsulgidduk. When color was evaluated, the L-value and a-value decreased, but the b- value increased as sugar was added. The addition of honey resulted in a decreased L-value. Sensory evaluation revealed that the addition of sugar resulted in better overall quality. The color score was highest when 5% sugar was added, while the flavor, moisture and chewiness scores were best when 10% sugar was added. Sweetness and consistency were good when 20% sugar was added. Honey improved the color, flavor and chewiness of Kongsulgidduk; however, sugar produced the best moisture, consistency and overall scores.
- 김우정, 구경형. 2001. 식품관능 검사법, 효일출판사.
- 김영희, 임정교. 2007. 한국 전통식품, 효일, 서울, pp 28-68
- 고하영, 이성호. 2008. 식품평가, 서울, 석학당, pp 61-105
- 윤숙자. 2001. 한국의 떡. 한과. 음청류, 지구문화사.
- Choi KK. 2007. Quality characteristics of Backsulgi with germinated brown rice flour. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci Nutr. 20(2):185-194
- Choi WS, Park Y, Hong JS. 2009. Quality characteristics of Sulgidduk su pplemented with apricot powder. J. East Asian Soc Dietary Life 19(4):603-609
- Choi WS, Choi MK, Chae KY. 2011. Quality characteristics of Sulgidduk by the addition of apricot seed powder. Korean J. Food Cookery Sci 27(6):653-659 https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2011.27.6.653
- Duncan DB. 1995. "Multiple range and multiple F test", Biometrics, 11(1):13-15
- Hong JS, Kim MA. 2005. Quality characteristics of Sulgidduk by the addition of astringency Persimmon paste. Korean J. Food Cookery Sci. 21(3):360-370
- Hwang MK, Lee HJ. 1993. Texture characteristics of Seokibyung as affected by ingredients, Korean J. Soc. Food Cookery Sci 9(3):198-203
- Jeong KY, Kim MY, Chun SS. 2008. Quality characteristics of Sulgidduk with concentrated sweet pumpkin powder. Korean J. Food Cookery Sci 24(6):849-855
- Kim JM, Kweon SY, Kim JG. 2009. Changes on the textural and sensory characteristics of Kongsulgidduk by the added amount of glutinous riceflour. J. East Asian Soc Dietary Life 19(1):89-95
- Kim JS, Kwak EJ. 2010. Quality characteristics of Sulgidduk containing Yam powder. Korean J. Food Culture 25(3):342-249
- Kim JY, Cha KH, Lee HG. 1997. Sensory and physical characteristics of Bamdduk prepared with different ratio of the ingredients. Korean J. Soc Food Cookery Sci 13(4):427-433
- Kim KJ, Lee HJ. 1994. Sensory and mechanical characteristics of Mudduk by different ingredients. Korean J. Soc Food Cookery Sci 10(3):242-248
- Kim MY. 2000. Physicochemical characteristics and functional substances of korean traditional soybean. thesis, Yongin University.
- Kweon SY, Kim JM, Kim JG. 2007. A study on the quality characteristics of Sulgidduk prepared with soyflour. J. East Asian Soc. Dietary Life 17(1):118-124
- Lee JS, Hong JS. 2005. The quality characteristics of Sulgidduk with the addition of citron preserved in sugar. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 21(6):851-858
- Lee SY, Kim KO. 1986. Sensory characteristics of Backsulgy containing combined sweetners. Korean J. Food Sc. Technol. 18(6):503-504
- Park HY, Chang MS. 2007. Ingredient mixing ratio optimization for the preparation of Sulgidduk with barley sprout powder. Korean J. Soc Food Cookery Sci 23(4):550-560
- SAS. 1996. User's guide. Version 6.12. Statistical Analysis System Inst. Inc., Gary, NC, USA.
- Shin SM, Jung JS, Han MR, Kim YH. 2009. Quality characteristics of Sulgidduk containing added red ginseng powder. Korean J. Soc. Food Cookery Sci 25(5):586-592
- Shin YS, Park KS. 2006. Quality characteristics of apricot Sulgidduk with different addition amounts of apricot juice. Korean J. Soc Food Cookery Sci 22(6):882-889
- Yoon SJ, Chang MS. 1999. Sensory and quality properties of Sanakbyung prepared with different amounts of glutinous rice flour. Korean J. Soc Food Cookery Sci 15(6):591-594
- Yu JN, Kim YA. 2001. Effect of oligosaccharide addition on gelatinization and retrogradation of Baksulgies. Korean J. Soc Food Cookery Sci 17(2):156-164
- Quality Characteristics and Antioxidant Activities of Rehmannia glutinosa JungKwa Prepared with Different Kinds of Sugars vol.30, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2014.30.1.076
- Quality Characteristics of Baked Rice Cake Added with Maltitol vol.43, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.7.1068