- Volume 27 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Foreign student's Preference and Recognition of Makgeolli in Korea
한국거주 외국인 유학생의 막걸리에 대한 인지도, 기호도에 대한 연구
- Lee, Young-Soon (Department of Food and Nutrition, Kyung-Hee University) ;
- Kim, Ji-Yeon (Department of Food and Nutrition, Kyung-Hee University) ;
- Park, Ji-Hee (Department of Food and Nutrition, Kyung-Hee University) ;
- Shim, Min-Jung (Department of Food and Nutrition, Kyung-Hee University) ;
- Moon, Gap-Soon (School of Food and Life Science, Inje University)
- 이영순 (경희대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 김지연 (경희대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 박지희 (경희대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 심민정 (경희대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 문갑순 (인제대학교 식품생명과학부)
- Received : 2011.08.09
- Accepted : 2012.10.29
- Published : 2012.12.30
This study was conducted to investigate the preference for and recognition of Makgeolli by foreign students to determine its potential for export. From March 15 to 29, 2010, 300 students from four universities (Kyung-Hee University, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Yonsei University, Chung-Ang University) were surveyed and data from 287 subjects were used for subsequent analyses. The recognition of Makgeolli was as follows: 40.3% knew that Makgeolli's was fermented alcohol; 49.5% knew its proof; 85.7% knew that rice and wheat were the main ingredients of Makgeolli; 72.8% knew it was Korean traditional alcohol. The preference for Makgeolli's was as follows: flavor (3.46), color (3.43), aroma (3.30), texture (3.28), reverberation (3.36), shape of glass (3.51) and Korean bar (3.72), which were slightly high. However, hangover (3.02) and plastic bottle (3.08) had lower values than the other variables. Overall, participants were likely to recommend Makgeolli to others (Male 3.57, Female 3.72), but they did not think that it is a good ingredient for food (2.91). The opportunity for the globalization of Makgeolli appeared to be high (Male 3.57, Female 3.74). To improve the export of Makgoelli, respondents reported that a better marketing strategy (37%) and new type of bottle (42.8%) were needed.
- 농촌진흥청 농촌자원개발연구소 식품성분분석표 7개정판
- 배상면, 1997, 조선주조사, 우곡출판사, p 64
- 이성우, 1984, 한국식품사회사, 교문사
- Cho EK, Kim HY, Byeon HJ, Kim SW, Choi YJ. 2010, Nitrite scavenging and alcohol metabolizing activities of hot water extract from Makgeoly and its angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitory effect. J. Life Science. 20(5):768-774 https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2010.20.5.768
- Ha YH, Kim TR, 2010, Research about Form of Korea Pottery for Makgeoli Bottle, A Journal of Brand Design Association of Korea, 8(1):233
- Joo NM, Kennon LR, Sim YJ, Lee KA, Jeong HS, and chun HJ, 2001, The perception and preference of Americans residing in Korea for Korean traditional food. J. Korean Home Economics. 39(6):15-24
- Kim EJ, 2010, A study on the Influence of Peripheral Cue of Package Design on Consumer's Purchase Intention Focused on Makgeolli (Rice Wine) Brand. Industrial Art degree thesis, Hongik University. pp. 67-68
- Kim SM, Cho WK. 2006. Effect of Takju (Korean turbid rice wine) lees on the serum glucose levels in Streptozotocininduced diabetic rats. Korean J. Food Culture, 21(6):638-643
- Kim, TR, 2010, Research about Form of Korea Pottery for Makgeoli Bottle, A Journal of brand Design Association of Korea, 8(1):219-234
- Lee DS, 2008, Analysis of nutritive elements of a local Makgeolli, Masters degree thesis, Chonam national university, 107:29
- Lee GH, 1994, Characteristics and technology of wine Takju Korea, Kor. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol, 7(4):34-36
- Lee HS, Hong KH, Yoon CH, Cho WK, Kim SM ,2008, Glycemic Index and Oral Glucose Tolerance Test of Takju (Korean turbid rice wine) Lees Extract Korean J. Food Culture 23(5):662-665
- Lee HS, Hong KH, Kim JY, Kim DH Yoon CH, Kim SM, 2009, Blood Pressure Lowering Effect of Korean turbid rice wine (Takju) Lees Extracts in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rat (SHR) Korean J. Food Culture 23(5):662-665. 24(3):338-343
- Lee MJ, 2010 Analysis of Makgeolli package design according to target changes, Journal Packaging Culture Design, 26:65-73
- Lee YS, Shin JS, Song YH, Moon SH, Rhee SY. 2010, The trend analysis of traditional Makgeolli-brewing technique, 9(2):99-111
- Myung KJ, 2004, Desighning a strategic Model for Brand Revewal of Makgeolli, Korean Society of Basic Design&Art, 5(1):345-346
- Seo KH, 2003, A research on Korean food preference and satisfaction level on Korea restaurant of Japanese and Chinese students in Korea, Korean J. Food Sci. Technol, 19(6):715-722
- Seong GU, 1989, Manufacturing and Sales of Takju and Korean wine, Korea J. Food Culture 4(3):287-288
- Seong GU, 1989, Manufacturing and Sales of wine Takju Korean, Korea J. Food Culture 4(3):291
- Shin MO, Kang DY, Kim MH, Bae SJ, 2008, Effect of Growth Inhibition and Quinone Reductase Activity Stimulation of Makgeoly Fractions in Various Cancer Cells, Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 37(3):292 https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.3.288
- 데일리안, "영욕의 막걸리, 그 화려한 부활의 목소리", 2007.08.03.
- 동아일보, "포천 막걸리 9개 업체 세계화 위해 뭉쳤다", 2010.01.06.
- 동아일보, "물렀거라! 막걸리누보 나가신다", 2009.11.23.
- 중앙일보, "막걸리 영양 많고, 열량 낮고 손익계산서 '+' ", 2009.11.23.
- 한겨례21, "쌀쌀한데 쌀막걸리 한 사발할까", 2007.10.18.
- 조선일보, "호텔 룸서비스까지... 막걸리 마케팅 봇물", 2010.4.14
- Flavor Match and Hedonic Changes of Commercial Rice Wines with Food Pairings vol.47, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2015.47.5.608