- Volume 48 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Growth Inhibition of Plant Pathogenic Fungi by a Chitinase of Coprinellus congregatus
먹물버섯의 키틴질 분해효소에 의한 식물병원균류의 생장억제
- Kang, Yuri (Department of Biochemistry, Kangwon National University) ;
- Choi, Hyoung T. (Department of Biochemistry, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2012.12.03
- Accepted : 2012.12.17
- Published : 2012.12.31
Experiments for growth inhibition of two different plant pathogenic fungal species, Alternaria alternata (KCTC26781) and Fusarium graminearum ZO3639 (type culture) and ASR1R1 (isolate from rice), by a chitinase (Chi2) expressed in the autolysing tissue of Coprinellus congregatus were carried out. In liquid media, Chi2 (
Alternaria alternata;Coprinellus congregatus;Fusarium graminearum chitinase
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Amian, A.A., Papenbrock, J., Jacobsen, H.J., and Hassan F. 2011. Enhancing transgenic pea (Pisum sativum L.) resistance against fungal diseases through stacking of two antifungal genes (chitinase and glucanase). GM Crops 2, 104-109. https://doi.org/10.4161/gmcr.2.2.16125
- Brzezinska, M.S. and Jankiewicz, U. 2012. Production of antifungal chitinase by Aspergillus niger LOCK 62 and its potential role in the biological control. Curr. Microbiol. 65, 666-672. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00284-012-0208-2
- Choi, H.T. and Cho, C.W. 2005. Ultrastructural studies on the autolysis of Coprinellus congregatus. Korean J. Microbiol. 41, 312-315.
- Chung, S. and Kim, S.D. 2007. Escherichia coli can produce recombinant chitinase in the soil to control the pathogenesis by Fusarium oxysporum without colonization. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 17, 474-480.
- Distefano, G., Malfa, S.L., Vitale, A., Lorito, M., Deng, Z., and Gentile, A. 2008. Defence-related gene expression in transgenic lemon plants producing an antimicrobial Trichoderma harzianum endochitinase during fungal infection. Transgenic Res. 17, 873-879. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11248-008-9172-9
- Gottwald, D., Samans, B., Lück, S., and Friedt, W. 2012. Jasmonate and ethylene dependent defence gene expression and suppression of fungal virulence factors: Two essential mechanisms of Fusarium head blight resistance in wheat? BMC Genomics 13, 369-411. (doi:10.1186/1471-2164-13-369). https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2164-13-369
- Jonkers, W., Dong, Y., Broz, K., and Listler, H.C. 2012. The Wor1-like protein Fgp1 regulates pathogenicity, toxin synthesis and reproduction in the phytopathogenic fungus Fusarium graminearum. PLoS Pathog. 8, 1-18.
- Kang, Y., Kim, H., and Choi, H.T. 2012. Biochemical characterization of chitinase 2 expressed during the autolytic phase of the inky cap, Coprinellus congregatus. J. Microbiol. Article in press.
- Lim, H. and Choi, H.T. 2009. Enhanced expression of chitinase during the autolysis of mushroom in Coprinellus congregates. J. Microbiol. 47, 225-228. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12275-008-0247-3
- Lim, H. and Choi, H.T. 2010. Growth inhibition of the yeast transformant by the expression of a chitianse from Coprinellus congregates. J. Microbiol. 48, 706-708. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12275-010-0272-x
- Lopez-Matas, M.A., Aslava, A.P., and Diaz-Minguez, J.M. 2000. Mcchs1, a member of a chitin synthase gene family in Mucor circinelloides, is differentially expressed during dimorphism. Curr. Microbiol. 40, 169-175. https://doi.org/10.1007/s002849910034
- Paro, R., Tiboni, G.M., Buccione, R., Rossi, G., Cellini, V., Canipari, R., and Cecconi, S. 2012. The fungicide mancozeb induces toxic effects on mammalian granulose cells. Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol. 260, 155-161. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.taap.2012.02.005
- Zhao, J,. Li, S., Jiang, T., Liu, Z., Zhang, W., Jian, G., and Qi, F. 2012. Chilling stress- -the key predisposing factor for causing Alternaria alternata infection and leading to cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) leaf senescence. PLoS ONE 7, 1-11.
- Inhibition of cell wall synthesis in Cryptococcus neoformans and decrease of skin allergy induced with Alternaria alternata in mouse model by a chitinase from an inky cap vol.52, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7845/kjm.2016.6026