- Volume 23 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Relation between the Positive Psychology of Would-be Child Teachers and Leadership
예비유아교사의 긍정심리와 리더십과의 관계
- Jang, Jeong Baek (Department of Early Childhood Education, Jeonnam Provincial College) ;
- Lee, Mi Na (Department of Early Childhood Education, Gwangju Health College)
- Received : 2012.11.07
- Accepted : 2012.12.13
- Published : 2012.12.30
This research is looking for the relation between the positive psychology of would-be child teachers and leadership and that's influence. The researchers examined positive psychology and leadership with 330 would-be teachers(13 boys, 317 girls) located in Gwang-Ju and the Jeonnam Region. Questionnaire was used to measure would-be teachers. The collected data analyzed the positive psychology of would-be teachers and leaders, including sub-factors for mean(M), standard deviation(SD) and Pearson product-moment correlation according to subject for inquiry. Then regression analysis through SPSS WIN 17.0 for checking the effects of the would-be child teachers's positive psychology with their leadership skill was used. The result of the research was that the positive psychology of would-be child teachers and leadership of the product-moment correlated in all areas. Especially the most influence on positive psychology is the ability of human relationship among leadership sub-variables, and the relation between positive psychology and leadership are very important for making positive changes in society. This implies that there is a need for more educational sponsorship regarding positive psychology and leadership for would-be child teachers.
- Cha KH(2004) Relationship between subjective wellbeing of university students in South Korea and the United States of psychological wellbeing. Teenagers Research 11(3), 322-324.
- Choi SO, Jung HU, Kang IG, Park BG(2003) Leadership diagnostic tools. Research report, RR- 2003-15-3. Korean Educational Development Institute Seoul.
- Csikszentmihalyi M, Seligman MEP(2000) Positive Psychology. J American Psychological Association 55(1), 5-14. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.55.1.5
- Fredrickson BL(2003) What good are positive emotion. Review General Psychology 2, 300-319.
- Go YM(2010) The effects of happiness enahncement counseling program based positive psychology on children's happiness and depression. Seoul National University of Education Graduate School of Education Master's thesis.
- Go YM, Kim GS(2011) The effects of happiness enahncement counseling program based positive psychology on children's happiness and depression. J Elementary Education 22(3), 129-152.
- Hagger H, Malmberg L-E(2011) Pre-service teather' goals and future-time extension, concerns, and wello-being. Teaching & Teacher Education 27 (3), 598-608. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.2010.10.014
- Hobfoll SE(2002) Social and psychological resource and adaptation. Review of General Psychology 6, 307-324. https://doi.org/10.1037/1089-2618.104.22.1687
- Jung DS(2002) The psychology of happiness. J Christian Counseling 4, 232-265.
- Jo MS(2010) Write past the positive impact of self-esteem research. Sangmyung University Graduate School of Education Master's thesis.
- Kim HJ(2007) The relationship between adaptation and subjective happiness and positive psychology and school life. Chungnam National University, Graduate School of Education Master's thesis.
- Kim HJ(2012) Attitude of junior high school students of positive psychology and parenting style, learning involvement, academic achievement relationship. Chungnam National University doctoral dissertation.
- Kim YK(2009) The effect of nursing students of leadership, creativity and problem-solving skills, creative problem solving program. Graduate School, Chonnam National University doctoral dissertation.
- Lunenburg FC, Ornstein AC(2000) Educational Adminstration. Wadsworth.
- Lee HS(2008) Positive psychology of humanities: sigma press, Seoul.
- Lee SH(2011) The elementary school gifted children and the child's general leadership and academic selfefficacy analysis. Daegu National University of Education Graduate School of Education Master's thesis.
- Macleod A. K(2000) Positive thinking revisited: positive cognitions, well-being and mental health. Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy 7(1), 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-0879(200002)7:1<1::AID-CPP228>3.0.CO;2-S
- Nam IS(2007) Reported on euphoria development. Korea J Social Theory 31, 217-248.
- Seligman, MEP(2009) Martin Seligman positive psychology [Authentichappiness: Using the new positive psychology to realize your potential for lasting fulfillment]. Kim In Ja. Anyang: Mulpure.
- Woo MS(2010) Research on positive psychological impact on the type of leadership. Anyang University, Master's thesis.
- Um WY(2007) Youth leadership life skills program for improving research and development. Myongji University doctoral dissertation.