- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Study on the Development of Diagnosis Algorithm of Taeeumin Symptomology
태음인(太陰人) 병증(病證) 진단 알고리즘 개발 연구
- Received : 2012.12.03
- Accepted : 2012.12.14
- Published : 2012.12.31
Objectives : This study is aimed to develop the algorithm to diagnose Taeeumin's symptomology, by the method of literature research on Sasang Constitutional Medicine. Methods : Applying the sequential differentiations of Taeeumin's symptomology, or exterior-interior disease differentiation, favorable-unfavorable pattern differentiation, and mild-severe-dangerous-urgent pattern differentiation, "Donguisusebowon" and related literatures have been reviewed. Results and Conclusions : 1) 1st step: Taeeumin's exterior pattern and interior pattern are differentiated by the indexes of whole-body cold or heat pattern, sweating, and facial complexion. 2) 2nd step: The favorable pattern of the Taeeumin's exterior disease can be detected by indexes of the existence of fever, generalized pain while the unfavorable one by indexes of the abnormal condition of digestion and feces, and fearful throbbing. The favorable pattern of the Taeeumin's interior disease can be diagnosed based on indexes of eye pain, dry nose, dry throat, and heat symptoms that occur in various parts of the body, while the unfavorable one by indexes of thirsty, urination, feces and specific symptoms which can be induced by dryness. And in the both unfavorable patterns the dark complexion on the faces is revealed. 3) 3rd step: The mild-severe patterns of the favorably exterior disease are differentiated in terms of the condition of fever, while the mild-severe patterns of the favorably interior disease are in differentiated based on whether abnormal symptoms are revealed in the gastrointestinal tract. Both of the unfavorably dangerous-urgent patterns in exterior and interior diseases are differentiated by the symptoms such as tinnitus, dim vision, weakness of legs and back pain, and lack of strength in legs and thighs.
- Shin SW, Lee EJ, Koh BH, Lee JH. Study on the development of diagnosis algorithm of Soeumin symptomology. J Sasang Constitut Med. 2011;23(1):33-43 (Korean).
- Shin SW, Lee EJ, Koh BH, Lee JH. Study on the development of diagnosis algorithm of Soyangin symptomology. J Sasang Constitut Med. 2011;23(3):294-303 (Korean).
- Lee JH, Lee EJ, Koh BH. A study on the schematic organization of the sub-classification system of the Taeeumin symptomatology. J Sasang Constitut Med. 2011;23(1):63-78(Korean).
- Dep. of Sasang Constitutional Medicine of Kyung Hee University. The manual of Dep. of Sasang Constitutional Medicine(subtitle: reference book of Sasang Constitutional Medicine). Seoul:Hanmibook. 2012.(Korean).
- Dep. of Sasang Constitutional Medicine of Kyung Hee University. The manual of Dep. of Sasang Constitutional Medicine. Seoul:Hanmibook. 2012.(Korean).
- Dep. of Sasang Constitutional Medicine. All colleges of oriental med. in Korea(compilation). The revised and enlarged Sasang Constitutional Medicine. 2nd ed. Seoul:Jipmoondang. 2008.(Korean).
- Diagnosis and treatment principle in Sasang medicine: original symptom vol.5, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.imr.2016.03.005
- Clinical Practice Guideline for Taeeumin and Taeyangin Disease of Sasang Constitutional Medicine: Diagnosis and Algorithm vol.27, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7730/JSCM.2015.27.1.013
- Clinical Practice Guideline for Taeeumin Disease of Sasang Constitutional Medicine: Esophagus Cold-based Exterior Cold (Wiwansuhan-pyohan) disease vol.27, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7730/JSCM.2015.27.1.042
- Development of Clinical Practice Guidelines for Sasang Constitutional Medicine Symptomatology - Purpose, Development Strategy and Procedure - vol.25, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7730/JSCM.2013.25.1.23
- A Case Study of a Taeeumin Patient with Olivopontocerebellar Atrophy Improved with Jowisengcheong-tang vol.25, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7730/JSCM.2013.25.3.243
- Clinical Practice Guideline for Sasang Constitutional Medicine: Prevention and Risk Fators of Sasangin Disease vol.27, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7730/JSCM.2015.27.1.082
- Clinical Practice Guideline for Taeeumin Disease of Sasang Constitutional Medicine: Liver Heat-based Interior Heat (Gansuyeol-liyeol) disease vol.27, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7730/JSCM.2015.27.1.057
Supported by : 경희대학교