- Volume 32 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effects of Feeding Levels of Concentrate on the Growth, Carcass Characteristics and Economic Evaluation in Feeds Based on Rice-straw of Korean Black Goats
볏짚 위주 사양 시 비육 흑염소의 농후사료 급여 수준이 발육, 도체특성 및 경제성에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Sang Woo (National Institute of Animal Science, R.D.A.) ;
- Yoon, Sei Hyung (National Institute of Animal Science, R.D.A.) ;
- Kim, Jae-Hwan (National Institute of Animal Science, R.D.A.) ;
- Ko, Yeoung-Gyu (National Institute of Animal Science, R.D.A.) ;
- Kim, Dong Hoon (National Institute of Animal Science, R.D.A.) ;
- Kang, Geun Ho (National Institute of Animal Science, R.D.A.) ;
- Kim, Young-Sin (National Institute of Animal Science, R.D.A.) ;
- Lee, Sang Moo (Faculty of Animal Science and Biotechnology, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Suh, Sang Won (National Institute of Animal Science, R.D.A.)
- 김상우 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 윤세형 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 김재환 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 고응규 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 김동훈 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 강근호 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 김영신 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 이상무 (경북대학교 축산BT학부) ;
- 서상원 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원)
- Received : 2012.10.31
- Accepted : 2012.12.05
- Published : 2012.12.31
This study was conducted to examine the effect of feeding levels of concentrate feed on growth performance, meat quality and economic evaluation of Korean black goats. The 40 male Korean native goat were divided into four treatment groups T1 (1.5%), T2 (2.0%), T3 (2.5% feeding of concentrate feed body weight per day) and T4 (ab libitum) with ab libitum rice straw. Rice straw intake decrease as against feeding levels, however average daily gains were 22, 50, 69 and 94 g/day in T1, T2, T3 and T4 groups respectively levels (p<0.05). Dressing percentage were 41.77, 42.78, 46.12 and 49.78% in each group (p<0.05), also fat percentage were a significant increase according to feeding levels. In economic efficacy, T4 was higher than other treatment groups. In conclusion, both rice straw and concentrate feed ab libitum are good for feeding and management system on Korean black goats.
- Ahn, B.H., Lee, B.O. and Kwack, J.H. 1991. Effect of Energy Levels on Performance of Korean Native Goat. Korean Journal of Animal Nutrition and Feed. 15(6):321-329.
- AOAC. 1995. Official Methods of Analysis. 16th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Washington, DC.
- Choi, S.H., Hwangbo, S., Kim S.W., Sang, B.D., Kim, Y.K. and Jo, I.H. 2006. Effects of Total Mixed Ration with Wet Brewer's Grain on the Performance and Nutrient Utilization in Castrated Korean Black Goats. Journal of The Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 26(4): 199-206.
- Choi, S.H., Hwangbo, S., Kim S.W., Kim, Y.K., Sang, B.D., Myung, J.H., Hur, S.N. and Jo, I.H. 2007. Effects of Dietary Energy Level on Growth and Meat Quality of Korean Black Goats. Journal of Animal Science and Technology. 49(4):509-514. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2007.49.4.509
- Choi, S.H., Kim, S.W., Hwangbo, S., Choi, H.Y. and Kim, J.H. 2010. Effects of the Castration Time on Growth Performance, Meat Quality and Fatty Acid Profiles of Korean Black Goats. Journal of Animal Science and Technology. 52(1):37-42. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2010.52.1.037
- Crouse, J.D., Cundiff, L.V., Koch, R.M., Koohmaraie, M. and Seidman, S.C. 1989. Comparisons of Bos indicus and Bos tarus Inheritance for Carcass Beef Characteristics and Meat Palatability. Journal of Animal Science. 67:2661-2668. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1989.67102661x
- Duncan, B.D. 1955. Multiple Range and Multiple F test. Biometrics, 11:1-10. https://doi.org/10.2307/3001478
- Gallo, C., Le Breton, Y., Wainnright, I. and Berkhoff, M. 1997. Body and Carcass Compo- sition of Male and Female Criollo goats in the South of Chile. Small Ruminant Research. 23:163-169. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-4488(96)00940-6
- Guenther, J.J., Bushman, D.H., Pope, L.S. and Morris, R.D. 1965. Growth and Development of the Carcass Tissues in Beef Calves from Weaning to Slaughter Weight, with Reference to the Effect of Plane of Nutrition. Journal of Animal Science. 24:1184-1191. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1965.2441184x
- Goering, H.K. and P.K. Van Soest. 1970. Forage Fiber Analysis. USDA Agric. Handbook No. 379: Washington, D. C.
- Ha, J.K. and Kim, B.H. 1973. A Study on The Meat Productivity of Korean Native Goats(2). Journal of Institute for Development of Livestock Production. 1:69-78.
- Hendrickson, R.L., Pope, L.S. and Hendrikson, R.F. 1965. Effect of Rate of Gain of Fattening Beef Calves on Carcass Composition. Journal of Animal Science. 24:507-513. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1965.242507x
- Hermesmeyer, G.N., Berger, L.L., Nash, T.G. and Jr. Brandt, R.T. 2000. Effects of Energy Intake, Implantation, and Subcutaneous Fat End Point on Feedlot Steer Performance and Carcass Composition. Journal of Animal Science. 78:825-831. https://doi.org/10.2527/2000.784825x
- Hogg, B.W., Rercer, G.J.K., Moertimer, B.J., Kirton, A.H. and Duganzich, D.M. 1992. Carcass and Meat Quality Attributes of Commercial Goats in New Zealand. Small Ruminant Research. 8:243- 256. https://doi.org/10.1016/0921-4488(92)90045-6
- Hwangbo, S., Jo, I.H., Song, K.J. and Lee, S.H. 2007. Effects of Dietary Probiotics on Feed Intakes, Nutrient Digestibility and Nitrogen Retention in Korean Black Goats Fed Two Diets Differing in Forage to Concentrate Ratios. Korean journal of organic agriculture. 15(2):195-205.
- Jeong, C.H., Seo, K.I. and Shin, K.H. 2006. Effects of Fermented Grape Feeds on Pyhsico- Chemical Properties of Korean Goat Meat. Journal of The Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition. 35(2):145-149. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.2.145
- Mazumder, M.A.R., Hossain, M.M. and Akter, S. 1998. Effect of Levels of Concentrate Supplement on Live Weight Gain and Carcass Characteristics in Sheep on Restricted Grazing. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Science. 11(1):17-20. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.1998.17
- SAS Institute Inc 2002 SAS/STAT User's Guide: Version 8.2 SAS Institute Inc., Cary North Carolina USA.
- Sye, Y.S. and Ham, T.S. 1998. Studies on the Carcass Composition of Korean Native Goat. Korean Journal of Animal Science. 40(3):277-282.
- Young, H.T., Kim, M.W. and Choi, H.J. 2005. Studies on the Characterization of Black Goat Meat and Bone Beverage Containing Honey with Red Ginseng. Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology. 18(2):135-1398.
- Effect of Feeding Levels of Concentrate on the Growth, Feed Availability and Economic Evaluation in Feeds Based on Rice-straw of Growing Black Goats vol.33, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2013.33.4.298
- Effects of Different Levels of Concentrate in the Diet on Physicochemical Traits of Korean Native Black Goat Meats vol.34, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2014.34.4.457
- Current Status of Forage Use on the Goat Farming in Mountainous Pasture vol.35, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2015.35.2.112
- Changes in Feed Value, Forage Productivity, and Grazing Intensity at Mountainous Pasture Grazed by Growing Korean Native Goat (Capra hircus coreanae) vol.36, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2016.36.2.109
- Effect of water extract and distillate from the mixture of black goat meat and medicinal herb on osteoblast proliferation and osteoclast formation vol.48, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4163/jnh.2015.48.2.157