- Volume 32 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Study on Dry Matter Yields and Persistence of Forage Plants Using Swine Slurry in Fallow Paddy Land Located in the Mid-mountain Area
돈분액비를 시용한 중산간지 휴경답에서 다년생 목초의 초종별 영속성 및 건물생산성에 관한 연구
- Yoon, Sei Hyung (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Sang Woo (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Lim, Young Chul (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Jung, Min Woong (Rural Development Administration)
- Received : 2012.10.08
- Accepted : 2012.11.14
- Published : 2012.12.31
This study was conducted to develop the technique for cultivation of forage crops using swine slurry in fallow paddy land located in the mid-mountain area (FPL). The field experiments were carried out from 2007 to 2009 on FPL at Kumsan, Chungbuk province in Korea. Swine slurry was prepared which decayed for 6 months. The experimental plots were consisted of seven treatments; tall fescue-based mixed pasture applied with chemical fertilizer (Control), mono-tall fescue pasture (MTF), tall fescue-based mixed pasture (TFBM), mono-Perennial ryegrass (MPR), mono-Italian ryegrass (MIR), mono-Red clover (MRC and mono), Reed canarygrass (MRCG) applied with swine slurry. The field of tall fescue-based pasture had been sown with a grasses mixture containing 'Fawn' tall fescue, 'potomac' orchardgrass, 'Reveille' Perennial ryegrass, and 'kenblue' Kentuky bluegrass, 'Kenland' Red clover. Seeding rates were 16, 6, 4, 2 and 2 (kg) per ha, respectively. DM yields of forages and rates of grass coverage were higher in MTF, TFBM and MRCG as compared with control treatment. This result means that FPL has contained with favorable conditions for growing grass, because forage productivity is more than 14.5 tons per ha per year in fallow paddy land. In addition, the farmer can save the trouble of repeated plowing and sowing every year, with the introduction of perennial grasses. The farmer must conduct the re-seeding and induce the improvement of management methods for the elevation of the persistence of red clover and perennial ryegrass, because both red clover and perennial ryegrass having high nutritive value and palatability was less persistent. Therefore, we suggest that FPL may be the good land for forage production utilizing swine slurry and swine slurry can be applied on FPL without any negative effects on DM production and the property of soil. FPL of Korea can be better utilized by applying swine slurry to the mono and/or mixed swards.
- Ankom. Technology Corporation. 1998. Method for determining acid detergent fiber, neutral detergent fiber and crude fiber, using the Ankom fiber analyser. Ankom Technology Corporation, 14 Turk Hill Park, Fairport New York 14450, USA.
- AOAC. 1999. Official methods of analysis (16th ed.). Association & Official Analysis Chemists, Washington DC.
- Goering H.K and Van Soest. P.J. 1970. Forage fiber analysis. Agic. Handbook 379. U.S. Gov. Print. Office Washington DC.
- Ji, H.C., Lee, S.H., Yoon, S.H., Lee, K.W. and Lim, Y.C. 2010 Selection of Pasture Species at Paddy Field in the Middle Region of Korea. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 30(2):103-108. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2010.30.2.103
- Ji, H.C., Kwon, O.D., Kim, W.H., Lim, Y.C., Cho, J.H. and Lee, K.W. 2011 Selection of Pasture Species at Paddy Field in Southern Region of Korea. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 31(2):113-118. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2011.31.2.113
- Jo, I.H. 2007 The Effect of Application of Cattle Slurry on Dry Matter Yield and Feed Values of Tall Fescue (Festuca arundinacea Schreb.) in Uncultivated Rice Paddy. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 27(1): 9-20. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2007.27.1.009
- Ju, J.I., Lee, H.B., Han, O.K., Song, T.H. and Ji, H.C. 2011 Growth Characters and Yield of Wheat Species Depend on Soil Fertility in Paddy Field. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 31(4):345-352. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2011.31.4.345
- Jun, H.K., Park, H.S., Park, N.G., Jeong, H.Y., Ko, M.S., Kim, M.C., Song, S.T. and Kim, D.W. 2009. Effect of Cattle Manure Application on Mineral Contents of Glazing Pasture. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 29(1):37-42. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2009.29.1.037
- Jung Min Woong, Ki Choon Choi, Chang Yoon, Won Ho Kim and Wan Bang Yook. 2007 Effects of Cattle Slurry Application According to the Slopes on Forage Yield and Nutrient Runoff in Mixed Grassland. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 27(1):21-28. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2007.27.1.021
- Kim, M.C., Song, J.Y., Hwang, K.J., Song, S.T., Hyun, C.H. and Kang, T.H. 2008 The Effects of Application of Liquid Swine Manure on Productivity of Rye and Subsequent Soil Quality. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 28(2):81-88. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2008.28.2.081
- Kim, W.H., Shin, J.S., Lim, Y.C, Seo, S., Kim, K.Y. and Lee, J.K. 2005. Study on the Promising Double Cropping System of Summer and Winter Forage Crop in Paddy Field. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 25(4):233-238. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2005.25.4.233
- Ko, S.B., Park, N.G. Hwang, K.J., Lee, C.E. and Kang, S.Y. 2003. Effects of Pig Slurry Application on Body Weight Gain of Grazing Hanwoo Heifer and Forage Yields in a Grass- Legume Mixed Pasture. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 23(4): 255-264. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2003.23.4.255
- Park, J.G., Kim, J.D. and Kwon, C.H. 2006 Effect of Liquid Manure Source, Application Rate and Time on Agronomic Characteristics and Forage Yield of Winter Rye. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 26(4):227-232. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2006.26.4.227
- Shin, J.S., Jeon, J.G., Lee, S.B., Kim, W.H., Yoon, S.H., Lee, J.K., Kim, J.G., Jung, M.W., Seo, S. and Lim, Y.C. 2008 Effect of Drainage Culvert Spacing on Forage Crops Production in Poorly Drained Paddy Field Converted to Upland Crop Cultivation. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 28(4):301-306. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2008.28.4.301
- Sommerfeldt, T.G., Chang, C. and Entz, T. 1988. Long-term annual manure applications increase soil organic matter and nitrogen and decrease carbon to nitrogen ratio. Soil Sci. Soc. Am J. 52:1667-1672.
- Yoon, S.H., Lim, Y.C., Kim, J.G. and Jeong, E.S. 2006 The Study on the Application Level of Swine Slurry in Grassland Pasture. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 26(2):63-68. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2006.26.2.063
- Yoon, S.H., Ji, H.C., Lee, S.H., Chol, E.M. and Jeong, M.W. 2010 Study on Dry Matter Yields and Persistence of Forage Plants Using Cattle Feedlot Manure in Fallow Paddy Land Located in the Mid-mountain Area. Journal of the Korean Society of Grassland and Forage Science. 30(4): 317-324. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2010.30.4.317
- 平野清, 中西雄二, 小路敦. 2006. 有機畜産へ向け た草地管理利用技術の開護IV. 冬季イタリア ン ライグラス (エース) 放牧草地の生産性 日本草地學會誌 (52別2):24-25.
- 山本嘉人, 北川美弥, 平野清, 的場和弘, 梅村恭子. 2008 周年放牧に向けた冬季草地の浩成管理利用技術の開設 2. ライムギとイタリアンライグ ラス單播草地の生産量と利用率. 日本草地學曾誌54(別):96-97