- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Experimental Study on the Effect of Increasing Rudder Force on Turning Ability of Short Sea Shipping Ship
타력 향상이 근해운송선박의 선회 성능에 미치는 영향에 관한 실험적 연구
- Received : 2012.09.24
- Accepted : 2012.12.27
- Published : 2012.12.31
Recently, a vessel's maneuvering performance is considered to be an important subject to secure safety at short sea shipping. Especially the high turning performance, which is required to avoid the marine pollution by the ships that was grounded, becomes more severe. In this paper, we discuss the effect of increasing rudder force on turning performance of short sea shipping ship by free running test in towing tank. First of all, we make the 47K PC model ship and high-lift rudder using Coanda effect. And we make the free running test system for the turning test in towing tank. And also we perform the turing test of 47K PC model in several changes of Coanda jet momentum and evaluate the turing performance such as advance and tactical diameter. Finally, we confirm that the increasing of rudder force is very effective to improvement of turning performance of short sea shipping ship.
Maneuvering performance;Turing performance;High-lift rudder;Coanda effect;Free running test
- Choi, Bong-joon and Hyo-chul Kim(2004), An Evaluation of High-Lifting Rudder Enhanced by the Coanda Effects on Maneuverability, Proceedings of the Annual Spring Meeting, SNAK, pp. 88-93.
- Kang, C. K., D. J. Yeom, H. C. Kim, M. G. Ha, B. R. Sohn and S. P. Ahn(1997), Development of maneuvering performance advanced technology of ship with low forward speed, Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol. 34, No. 1, pp. 38-49.
- Kim, Doo-Dong and Young-Gill Lee(2011), A Study on the Interaction between Hull-Propeller and a High-lifting Horn-type Rudder, Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol. 48, No. 4, pp. 346-356. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2011.48.4.346
- Kim, Sang-Hyun, Hyun-Jun Kim, Hee-Chul Jun, Seung-Bae Yoon, Hwa-Pyeong Park and Ok-Sok Gim(2010), A Study on the Effects of High-lift Rudder on Ship's Maneuverability, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 393-399.
- Seo, Dae-Won, Jong-Hyun Kim, Hyo-chul Kim and Seung-Hee Lee(2008), Influence of Jet Nozzle Arranagement on the performance of a Coanda Foil, Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol. 45, No. 6, pp. 569-578. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2008.45.6.569
- Result Analysis of Sea Trial Test for Offshore Fishing Boat Attached FRP Rudder vol.27, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2013.27.6.112
- A study on the turning ability of a DWT 8,000–ton oil/chemical tanker by real sea trials – A comparison between the semi–balanced rudder and the flap rudder – vol.51, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.2.245
- Maneuverability of a DWT 8,000–ton oil/chemical tanker by real sea trials – A comparison between the semi–balanced rudder and the flap rudder – vol.51, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.2.257
Supported by : 한국연구재단