- Volume 24 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Flexural Behavior of a Modular Pier with Circular CFT
충전원형강관을 이용한 모듈러 교각의 휨 거동 평가
- Ma, Hyang Wook (Daewoo Institute of Construction Technology) ;
- Oh, Hyun Chul (Daewoo Institute of Construction Technology) ;
- Kim, Dong Wook (Department of Civil Engineering, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Kong, Davon (Department of Civil Engineering, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Shim, Chang Su (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Chung-Ang University)
- Received : 2012.05.16
- Accepted : 2012.12.13
- Published : 2012.12.27
A new modular pier system using concrete filled circular steel tubes was suggested to realize modular bridge substructures for accelerated bridge construction. Structural details and connection details were proposed by connection multiple concrete filled tubes (CFT) for standardized products of fabrication, delivery and erection. Static tests were performed for the modular pier with suggested details under lateral load conditions for weak and strong axes. Due to the eccentricity by the bracing system, the modular pier showed 5.23 times higher flexural stiffness and 6 times greater flexural strength from the test. It is proper for the rational design to evaluate stress and deformation by frame modeling of the modular CFT pier. Structural capacity of the pier can be obtained by adjusting the spacing of the CFT columns. Design recommendations were derived from the test.
Supported by : 국토해양부
- Roeder, C.W., Lehman, D.E., and Thody, R. (2009) Composite Action in CFT Components and Connections, Engineering Journal, AISC, Vol. 47, No. 4, pp.229-242.
- Roeder, C.W. and Lehman, D.E. (2008) An Economical and Efficient Foundation Connection for Concrete Filled Steel Tube Piers and Columns, Proceedings of the 2008 Composite Construction in Steel and Concrete Conference VI, pp.361-363.
- Morino, S., Kawaguchi, J., and Kadoya, H. (2003) Strength and Stiffness of CFT Semi-Embedded Type Column Base, Proceedings of ASSCCA 2003, Sydney, Australia, A.A. Balkema, Sydney, Australia.
- Lu, Y.Q. and Kennedy, D.J.L. (1994) The flexural behavior of conrete filled hollow structural sections, Can. J. Civil Eng., pp.111-130.
- Wheeler, A.T. (2000) Thin-walled steel tube filled with high strength concrete in bending, Engineering Foundation Conferences, Composite Construction IV, Vol. 2, Banff, Alberta, Canada.
- Elchalakani, M., Zhao, X.L., and Grzebieta, R.H. (2001) Concrete filled circular steel tubes subjected to pure bending, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 57, pp. 1141-1168 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0143-974X(01)00035-9
- 정철헌, 진병무, 김인규, 김성운(2004) 중공강관 및 콘크리트 충전강관의 휨 실험, 대한토목학회논문집, 대한토목학회, 제24권, 제4A호, pp.807-816. Chung, C.H., Jin, B.M., Kim, I.G. and Kim, S.W. (2004) Experiments on Circular Steel Tubes and Concrete Filled Circular Steel Tubes in Bending, Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, KSCE, Vol. 24 No. 4A, pp.807-816.(in Korean)
- 정철헌, 김종석(2007) 콘크리트 충전 원형 강관의 휨 거동, 대한토목학회논문집, 대한토목학회, 제27권, 제4A호, pp. 553 -559. Chung, C.H. and Kim, J.S. (2007) Flexural Behaviour of Circular Concrete-Filled Steel Tube Sections, Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, KSCE, Vol. 27, No. 4A, pp.553-559. (in Korean)
- 박국동, 황원섭, 김희주, 전명일(2010) 콘크리트 충전형 압축부재의 단면특성에 따른 구속효과 평가, 한국강구조학회논문집, 한국강구조학회, 제22권, 제4호, pp.365-375. Park, K.D., Hwang, W.S., Kim, H.J. and Jun, M.I. (2010) Evaluation for Confined Effects by the Sectional Properties of Concrete Filled Steel Tube Columns, Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction, KSSC, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp.365-375 (in Korean).
- 한택희, 원덕희, 강영종(2011) 내부구속 중공 CFT 기둥의 비선형해석, 한국강구조학회논문집, 한국강구조학회, 제23권, 제4호, pp.439-454. Han, T.H., Won, D.H. and Kang, Y.J. (2011) Nonlinear Analysis of Internally Confines Hollow CFT Columns, Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction, KSSC, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp.439-454 (in Korean)
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (2010) AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specification fifth Edition.
- AISC (2005) Specification for Structural Steel Buildings, ANSI/AISC 360-05, American Institute of Steel Construction, Inc., Chicago, IL.
- ACI Committee 318 (2011) Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI318-11) and Commentary, American Concrete Institute.
- CEN (2004) Eurocode 4: Design of Composite Steel and Concrete Structures - Part 1-1: General Rules and Rules for Buildings, EN1994-1, Brussels, Belgium.
- Cyclic and static behaviors of CFT modular bridge pier with enhanced bracings vol.20, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2016.20.6.1221
- Evaluation of Structural Performance of Precast Modular Pier Cap vol.27, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2015.27.1.055
- Development of BIM Based Information Model Interface Module for a Modular Pier vol.5, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13161/kibim.2015.5.1.001
- Test Result on Embedded Steel Column-to-Foundation Connection for Modular Unit Structural System vol.26, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2014.26.6.537
- Analytical evaluation of a modular CFT bridge pier according to directivity vol.20, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2016.20.6.1193