- Volume 7 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Calculation of the Reactor Impedance of a Planar-type Inductively Coupled Plasma Source
- Kwon, Deuk-Chul (Convergence Plasma Research Center, National Fusion Research Institute) ;
- Jung, Bong-Sam (OLEV & E) ;
- Yoon, Nam-Sik (School of Electrical Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2010.04.07
- Accepted : 2011.09.01
- Published : 2012.01.01
A two-dimensional nonlocal heating theory of planar-type inductively coupled plasma source has been previously reported with a filamentary antenna current model. However, such model yields an infinite value of electric field at the antenna position, resulting in the infinite self-inductance of the antenna. To overcome this problem, a surface current model of antenna should be adopted in the calculation of the electromagnetic fields. In the present study, the reactor impedance is calculated based on the surface current model and the dependence on various discharge parameters is studied. In addition, a simpler method is suggested and compared with the surface current calculation.
Supported by : Chungbuk National University
- N. S. Yoon, S. S. Kim, C. S. Chang, and D. I. Choi, "A Self-Consistent Zero-Dimensional Modeling and Simulation of a Transformer Coupled Discharge," J. Korean Phys. Soc. vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 172-177, Apr. 1995.
- N. S. Yoon, S. S. Kim, C. S. Chang, and D. I. Choi, "One-dimensional solution for Electron Heating in an Inductively Coupled Plasma Discharge," Phys. Rev. E vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 757-767, Jul. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.54.757
- S. S. Kim, C. S. Chang, and N. S. Yoon, "A One-dimensional Model for a TCP discharge including the collisionless electron heating mechanism," J. Korean Phys. Soc. vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 678-681, Oct. 1996.
- N. S. Yoon, S. M. Hwang, and D. I. Choi, "Two-dimensional non-local heating theory of planar-type inductively coupled plasma discharge," Phys. Rev. E vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 7536-7549, Jun. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.55.7536
- N. S. Yoon, J. H. Han, S. M. Hwang, and D. I. Choi, "Two-dimensional electron heating theory of inductively coupled discharge," J. Korean Phys. Soc. vol. 31, no. 92, pp. s196-s200, Aug. 1997.
- N. S. Yoon, K. I. You, and S. M. Hwang, "A Self-consistent Modeling and Simulation of Transformer Coupled Plasma Discharge," Surf. Coat. Technol. vol. 112, pp. 34-37, Feb. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0257-8972(98)00746-4
- K. I. You and N. S. Yoon, "Discharge Impedance of Solenoidal Inductively Coupled Plasma," Phys. Rev. E vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 7074-7084, Jun. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.59.7074
- S. S. Kim, C. S. Chang, N. S. Yoon, and K. W. Hwang, "Inductively Coupled Plasma Heating in a Weakly Magnetized Plasma," Phys. Plasmas vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 2926-2935, Jul. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.873250
- B. S. Jung and N. S. Yoon, "Calculation of the Electric Field in Antenna Region for a Planar-type Inductively Coupled Plasma Source Using Surface Current Model," J. Korean Vac. Soc. vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 419-423, Sep. 2008. https://doi.org/10.5757/JKVS.2008.17.5.419
- B. S. Jung and N. S. Yoon, "Calculation of Reactor Impedances for Rectangular Inductively Coupled Plasma Discharges", J. Korean Phys. Soc. vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 1860-1864, Nov. 2009. https://doi.org/10.3938/jkps.55.1860
- Comparison of Helical and Helicon Antennas as Sources of Plasma Excitation Using a Full Wave 3D Electromagnetic Analysis in Vacuum vol.14, pp.4-5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1002/ppap.201600107