- Volume 7 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Phasor Discrete Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm to Configure Micro-grids
- Bae, In-Su (Department of Electrical Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Kim, Jin-O (Department of Electrical Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2010.12.16
- Accepted : 2011.06.15
- Published : 2012.01.01
The present study presents the Phasor Discrete Particle Swarm Optimization (PDPSO) algorithm, an effective optimization technique, the multi-dimensional vectors of which consist of magnitudes and phase angles. PDPSO is employed in the configuration of micro-grids. Micro-grids are concepts of distribution system that directly unifies customers and distributed generations (DGs). Micro-grids could supply electric power to customers and conduct power transaction via a power market by operating economic dispatch of diverse cost functions through several DGs. If a large number of micro-grids exist in one distribution system, the algorithm needs to adjust the configuration of numerous micro-grids in order to supply electric power with minimum generation cost for all customers under the distribution system.
- K. Dielmann and Alwin van der Velden, "Virtual power plants (VPP) - a new perspective for energy generation?", Modern Techniques and Technologies, Proceedings of the 9th International Scientific and Practical Conference of Students, Post-graduates and Young Scientists, pp. 18-20, 2003.
- T. K. Panigrahi, S. Chowdhury, S. P. Chowdhury, N. Chakraborty and Y. H. Song, "Control & Reliability Issue of Efficient Microgrid Operation using Hybrid Distributed Energy Sources", Power Systems Conference and Exposition 2006, pp. 797-802, Oct.-Nov. 2006.
- I. S. Bae and J. O Kim, "Reliability Evaluation of Distributed Generation Based on Operation Mode", IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 785-790, May 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2007.894842
- A. L. Dimeas and N. D. Hatziargyriou, "Operation of a Multiagent System for Microgrid Control", IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 1447-1455, Aug. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2005.852060
- C. A. Hernandez-Aramburo, T. C. Green and N. Mugniot, "Fuel consumption minimization of a microgrid", IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, pp. 671-681, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2005.847277
- C. S. Chang and W. Fu, "Stochastic multiobjective generation dispatch of combined heat and power systems", IEE Proceedings Generation, Transmission and Distribution, vol. 145, no. 5, pp. 583-591, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-gtd:19981997
- E. Ghiani, S. Mocci and F. Pilo, "Optimal reconfiguration of distribution networks according to the microgrid paradigm", International Conference on Future Power Systems, pp. 6, 2005.
- M. R. Vallem, J. Mitra and S. B. Patra, "Distributed Generation Placement for Optimal Microgrid Architecture", PES TD 2005/2006, pp. 1191-1195, May 2006.
- R. Caldon, A. R. Patria and R. Turri, "Optimisation algorithm for a virtual power plant operation", Universities Power Engineering Conference 2004, Vol. 3, pp. 1058-1062, Sept. 2004.
- D. Pudjianto, C. Ramsay and G. Strbac, "Virtual power plant and system integration of distributed energy sources Renewable Power Generation", IET, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 10-16, March 2007.
- J. Kennedy and R. C. Eberhart, "Particle Swarm Optimization", Proc. IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 1942-1948, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICNN.1995.488968
- S. Sivanagaraju, J. Viswanatha Rao and P. Sangameswara Raju, "Discrete Particle Swarm Optimization to network reconfiguration for loss reduction and load balancing", Electric Power Components and Systems, vol. 36, pp. 513-524, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/15325000701735389
- D. S. Kirschen and G. Strbac, Fundamentals of Power System Economics, John Wiley & Sons, 2004.
- H. Saadat, Power System Analysis, McGraw-Hill, 2nd Edition, 2004.
- M. Shahidehpour and M. Marwali, Maintenance Scheduling in Restructured Power Systems, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000.
- S. Sivanagaraju, Y. Sreekanth and E. Jagadeesh Babu, "An efficient genetic algorithm for loss minimum distribution system reconfiguration", Electric Power Components and Systems, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 249-258, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1080/15325000500240854
- G. Savard and J. Gauvin, "The steepest descent direction for the nonlinear bi-level programming problem", Oper. Res. Lett., Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 265-272, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6377(94)90086-8
- A survey on impact assessment of DG and FACTS controllers in power systems vol.42, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2014.10.057
- An Adaptive Voltage Control Strategy of Three-Phase Inverter for Stand-Alone Distributed Generation Systems vol.60, pp.12, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2012.2230603