- Volume 40 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Resource Competencies affecting on the Software Firm Performance
소프트웨어 기업의 성과에 영향을 미치는 자원역량에 관한 연구
- Ho, Woong-Ki (Department of Management of Technology, Graduate School of Management, Konkuk University) ;
- Lee, Cheol-Gyu (Department of Management of Technology, Graduate School of Management, Konkuk University)
- Received : 2012.10.29
- Accepted : 2012.12.18
- Published : 2012.12.31
Purpose: The purpose of this research is to identify the factors effecting on the software firm performance through RBV(Resource-Based View) perspective. Methods: The data have been analyzed via the multiple regressions between 3 performance indexes, which are revenue, operational income rate and employment, and 7 independent variables. Results: The results show that company age, capital intensity, training expense, marketing expense, and export revenue effect on the firm performance, whereas R&D expense and debt ratio do not so. Conclusion: This study can contribute the decision process of the investment priority of resources and competencies at the software firms to maximize the return on investment.
- Ahn, Yeon Shik. 2009. "Technology Innovation Activity and Innovation Performance in the Software Firms." IT Service Journal 8(2):71-86.
- Cho, Jae Jeong, and Rhew, Sung Yul. 2010. "A study on the effect of employment flexibility on the business performance in the computer programming, system consultancy and related service industry." Journal of KSQM 38(3):425-438.
- Choi, Bong Hyun, Kim, Hong Seok, and Kim, Joong Hyun. 2005. The Study on the Business Model of Korean Software Industry, Research Paper 502, Korea Institute for Industrial Economics & Trade.
- Chung, Kyu Seong. 2005. "A study on the internationalization capability evaluation framework for software venders." Master diss., Graduate School of Yonsei University.
- Coombs, J. E., and Bierly III, P. E. 2006. "Measuring technological capability and performance." R&D Management 36(4):421-438. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9310.2006.00444.x
- Jeong, Jin Ha. 2005. "Growth Factors for Small Innovative Firms in Korea." KDI Journal of Economic Policy 27(1):124-156.
- Kim, Dong Hyun. 2011b. "An Empirical Study on the Effect of Marketing Environment, Marketing Capacity on the Marketing Performance in SMEs-Focused on Small and Medium Enterprises in Seoul and capital area." PhD diss., Graduate School of Kyunghee University.
- Kim, Do Hoon, and Nam, Kyung Hyun. 2008. "A Study on Software Reliability Assessment Model of Superposition NHPP." Journal of KSQM 36(1):89-95.
- Kim, Hyung Chul. 2011a. "A Study on the Effects of the Fit between Competence and Strategy on Firm Performance in Venture Business." Daehan Journal of Business 24(2):769-787.
- Ko, Se Hoon. 2011. "The Structural Relationship between Competitive Strategy and Performance in SMEs and Venture Businesses." PhD diss., Graduate School of Konkuk University.
- Kwon, Oh Hyung, Moon, Jong Bum, and Lee, Dong Won. 2011. "A Study on the Effect of the Factors on the Period of KOSDAQ Listing." Journal of Entrepreneurship Society 6(2):175-190.
- Kwon, Myung Joong. 2008. "A Study on the Low Technology Trap of Small-Medium Sized Firms: in Consideration of the Relationship between Technological Capability and R&D Investment for Innovation." Journal of Small Business 30(4):139-156.
- Kwon, Oh Hyung. 2011. "An empirical study on the success factors and growth strategies for gazelles SME." PhD diss., Graduate School of Konkuk University.
- Kwon, Young Chul. 2006. "A Study on the Relationship between Internationalization and Performances in the Case of KOSDAQ." International Business Review 10(2):1-16.
- Lee, Jang Ho. 2004. "Impacts of Resources, Alliances, Strategic Intent and Their Interactions on Firm`s International Sales." Korea Business Review 33(6):1875-1893.
- Lee, Kyun Bong, and Chi, Hee Sook. 2004. "The Information Content of the Typical Financial Ratios as Predictors of the Business Performance Measures." Management and Economics Review 23(1):113-138.
- Lee, Kwang Rho, Mun, Sung Joo, and Kim, Tae Jung. 2004. "A Study on Financial Characteristics of Software Industry." Korea Industrial Economics Association 17(2):473-486.
- Morgan, Neil A., Shaoming Zou, Vorhies, Douglas W. and Katsikeas, Constantine S. 2003. "Experiential and international knowledge, architectural marketing capabilities, and the adaptive performance of export ventures: a cross-national study." Decision Science 34(2):287-321. https://doi.org/10.1111/1540-5915.02375
- Na, Mi Ja, Nam, Ki Chan, Kim, Jeong Wook, and Park, Soo Yong. 2002. "An Empirical Research for the Software Process Capability and Organizational Performance in Korea." Journal of KSQM 20(1):22-46.
- NIPA. 2012. 2011 SOFTWARE INDUSTRY ANALYSIS REPORT, National IT Industry Promotion Agency.
- Park, Jong Seok. 2009. "The Influence of Small and Medium Enterprises Strategy Trait on Marketing, R&D Ability and Management Achievement." Master diss., Graduate School of Chungbuk University.
- Park, Kun Ho. 2007. "The Determinants of the Export Timing and Export Performance of Venture Firms." PhD diss., Graduate School of Seokang University.
- Park, Sang Wook. 2010. "Analysis of the Effect of Investment in On-the-Job Training on Labor Productivity." PhD diss., Graduate School of Yonsei University.
- Schoenecker, T., and Swanson, L. 2002. "Indicators of firm technological capability: Validity and performance implications." IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management 49(1):36-44. https://doi.org/10.1109/17.985746
- Shim, Ki Joon. 2011. "Research on the internal resource factors that affect financial performance of innovative SMEs-Based on the empirical studies conducted in accordance with SME classification of 'Ventures', 'Technology Innovation Businesses', and 'Management Innovation Businesses'." PhD diss., Graduate School of Kyunghee University.
- Shin, Hyuk Soo. 2010. "R&D Concentration and Industrial Performance: Focused on Price-Cost Margin Analysis." Journal of Entrepreneurship and Venture Studies 13(1):23-47.
- Vorhies, D. W., and Morgan, N. A. 2005. "Benchmarking marketing capabilities for sustainable competitive advantage." Journal of Marketing 69(1):80-94. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.18.104.22.168505
- Yang, Young Ik, and Kim, Chang Soo. 2007. "The Effects of Market Orientation on Product Innovation, Marketing Capability and Performance in the Korean Manufacturing Firms." Journal of Business Research 22(2):223-254.
- Yang, D. W., and Piao, Y. Y. 2011. "An Empirical Study on the Relationship among R&D, Other Intangible Investment and Firm's Performances." Journal of Entrepreneurship and Venture Studies 14(1):27-46.
- Yoo, Sang Joon, Kim, Byung Geon, Choi, Jong Hwa, and Leem, Choon Sung. 2009. "A Study on the Primary Factors of Internal and External Competency for Improving Performance of Small and Medium Software Company." Journal of the Korea Industrial Information System Society 14(1):17-30.