- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Distribution of heavy metals and mercury in sediment from the lake An-dong
안동호 퇴적물 중 수은 및 중금속의 분포특성 연구
- Park, Jin-Ju ;
- Kim, Ki-Joon ;
- Yoo, Suk-Min ;
- Kim, Eun-Hee ;
- Seok, Kwang-Seol ;
- Huh, In-Ah ;
- Kim, Young-Hee
- Received : 2012.09.26
- Accepted : 2012.11.22
- Published : 2012.12.25
In this study, mercury, methylmercury and heavy metals in sediment from the lake Andong were analyzed, along with the estimation of mercury flux between sediments and water in the lake Andong. Average mercury concentrations in sediments sampled in 2009~2011 were
mercury;methylmercury;heavy metal;sediment;sedimentation rate;diffusion flux
- N. Pirrone, S. Cinnirella, X. Feng, R. B. Finklman, H. R. Friedli, J. Leaner, R. Mason, A. B. Mukherjee, G. B. Stracher, D. G. Streets and K. Telmer, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 10, 5951-5964 (2010). https://doi.org/10.5194/acp-10-5951-2010
- UNEP. Global Mercury Assessment. UNEP-Chemicals, Geneva, 2002.
- F. Sprovieri, N. Pirrone, M. S. Landis and R. K. Stevens, Atmos. Environ., 39, 7646-7656 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2005.08.001
- M. Horvat, L. Liang and N. S. Bloom, Anal. Chim. Acta, 282, 153-168 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2670(93)80364-Q
- US EPA method 1630, 'Methylmercury in water by distillation, aqueous ethylation, purge and trap, and CVAFS', 2001.
- Kyungpook Regional Environmental Technology Center, "The environmental assessment and proper management of downriver district caused by closed and temporarily-closed mines in upriver district of Nakdong River-The research of environmental assessment of mineral-mixed deposits in the riverbed of upriver district", 2005.
- M. Byeon, J. Lee, J. Park, S. Shin, J. Han and Y. Kim. Anal. Sci. Technol., 23(5), 492-497 (2010). https://doi.org/10.5806/AST.2010.23.5.492
- USEPA, SW-846 Method 7473: "Mercury in Solids and Solutions by Thermal Decomposition Amalgamation and Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometry", 2005.
- D. N. Edington, J. A. Robbines, "Determination of the activity of lead-210 in sediments and soils". In : Lake Michigan Mass Balance Study, Vol 3, 1975. Available online at www.gov/greatlakes/lmmb/methods
- Ministry of Environment, "National Survey on mercury bioaccumulation in freshwater fish", Ministry of Environment, Republic of Korea, 2009.
- US NOAA, Sediment Quality Guidelines developed for the National Status and Trends Program, 1999.
- P. R. Mason and A. L. Lawrence, Environ. Toxicol. Chem., 18(11), 2438-2447 (1999).
- P. K. Lee, S. J. Youm, Y. S. Shin, S. J. Chi, J. W. Kim, C. W. Oh and S. O. Kim J. Soil & Groundwater Env., 10(1), 43-57 (2005).
- K. Y. Choe, G. A. Gill, R. D. Lehman, S. Han, W. A. Heim and K. H. Coale, Limnol. Oceanogr., 49, 1512- 1527 (2004). https://doi.org/10.4319/lo.2004.49.5.1512
- Tracing metal sources in core sediments of the artificial lake An-Dong, Korea: Concentration and metal association vol.527-528, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2015.05.013
- Historical reconstruction of anthropogenic mercury input from sedimentary records: Yeongsan Estuary, South Korea vol.167, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecss.2015.10.021
- Identifying the source of Zn in soils around a Zn smelter using Pb isotope ratios and mineralogical analysis vol.601-602, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2017.05.181