- Volume 32 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
New Approach to Chuncheon Dakgalbi Processing by Various Chicken Materials, Seasoning and Cooking Methods
- Muhlisin, Muhlisin (Department of Animal Products and Food Science, Kangwon National University) ;
- Kang, Sun Moon (National Institute of Animal Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Choi, Won Hee (Department of Animal Products and Food Science, Kangwon National University) ;
- Kim, Cheon-Jei (Department of Food Science and Biotechnology of Animal Resources, Konkuk University) ;
- An, Byoung Ki (College of Animal Bioscience and Technology, Konkuk University) ;
- Kang, Chang Won (Department of Animal Science and Environment, Konkuk University) ;
- Lee, Sung Ki (Department of Animal Products and Food Science, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2012.07.09
- Accepted : 2012.11.06
- Published : 2012.12.31
This research was conducted to develop a new approach to Chuncheon Dakgalbi processing by various chicken materials, seasoning (conventional sauce/CS and new approach of seasoning by adding the curing mixture/CSA), and cooking methods. Three chicken breeds (broiler, old broiler and spent laying hen) were divided into five experimental groups: broiler-CS, old broiler-CS, old broiler-CSA, spent laying hen-CS, and spent laying hen-CSA. All samples were stored at
Supported by : Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
- Aberle, E., Forrest, J., Gerrard, D., Mills, E., Hedrick, H., and Judge, M. (2001) Principles of Meat Science. 4th ed, Kendall-Hunt Publishing Company, Dubuque, IA.
- AOAC (2007) Official Methods of Analysis. 18th ed, Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC.
- Beilken, S. L., Macfarlane, J. J., and Jones, P. N. (1990) Effect of high pressure during heat treatment on the warner-bratzler shear force values of selected beef muscle. J. Food Sci. 55, 15-18. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1990.tb06006.x
- Bouton, P. E., Ford, A. E., Harris, P. V., Macfarlane, J. J., and O'shea, J. M. (1977) Pressure-heat treatment of post-rigor muscle: Objective subjective measurements. J. Food Sci. 42, 857-859. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1977.tb12623.x
- Castellini, C., Mugnai, C., and Dal Bosco, A. (2002) Effect of organic production system on broiler carcass and meat quality. Meat Sci. 60, 219-225. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0309-1740(01)00124-3
- Chen, G. H., Cheng, J. H., Shuiep, E. S., Bao, W. B., and Musa, H. H. (2006) Breed and sex effect on meat quality of chicken. Inter. J. Poultry Sci. 5, 566-568. https://doi.org/10.3923/ijps.2006.566.568
- Collins, N. E., and Moran, E. T. (1999) Influence of supplemental manganese and zinc on live performance and carcass quality of diverse broiler strains. J. Appl. Poultry Res. 8, 228- 235. https://doi.org/10.1093/japr/8.2.228
- Cornforth, D. P., and Jayasingh, P. (2004) Colour and pigment. In: Encyclopedia of meat sciences. Jensen, W. K., Devine, C., and Dikeman, M., (ed) Elsevier Ltd., Oxford, pp. 249-256.
- Ding, H., Xu,R. J., and Chan, D. K. O. (1999) Identification of broiler chicken meat using a visible/near-infrared spectroscopic technique. J. Sci. Food Agric. 79, 1382-1388. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0010(199908)79:11<1382::AID-JSFA373>3.0.CO;2-U
- Fletcher, D. L. (2002) Poultry meat quality. World's Poultry Sci. J. 58, 131-145. https://doi.org/10.1079/WPS20020013
- Franco, D., Rois,D., Vazquez, J. A., and Lorenzo, J. M. (2012) Comparison of growth performance, carcass components, and meat quality between Mos rooster (Galician indigenous breed) and Sasso T-44 line slaughtered at 10 months. Poultry Sci. 91, 1227-1239. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.2011-01942
- Gekko, K., and Koga, S. (1983) Increased thermal stability of collagen in the presence of sugars and polyols. J. Biochem. 94, 199-205.
- Gerrard, D. E. and Grant, A. L. (2006) Principles of animal growth and development. 1st ed, Kendall/Hunt Publishing Co., Dubuque, IA.
- Grau, R. and Hamm, R. A. (1953) A simple method for the determination of water binding in muscles. Naturwissenschaften 40, 29-30. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00595734
- Hammes, W. P. (2012) Metabolism of nitrate in fermented meats: The characteristics feature of a specific group of fermented foods. Food Microbiol. 29, 151-156. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fm.2011.06.016
- Jaturasitha, S., Srikanchai, T.,Kreuzer, M., and Wicke, M. (2008) Differences in carcass and meat characteristics between chicken indigenous to Northern Thailand (Black-Boned and Thai native)and imported extensive breeds (Bresse and Rhode Island Red). Poultry Sci. 87, 160-169. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.2006-00398
- Jay, J. M. and Shelef, L. A. (1978) Microbial modification in raw and processed meats and poultry at low temperature. Food Technol.32, 186-187.
- Jin, S. K., Kim, I. S., Jung, H. J., Kim, D. H., Choi, Y. J., and Hur, S. J. (2007) The development of sausage including meat from spent laying hen surimi. Poultry Sci. 86, 2676-2684. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.2006-00451
- Judge, M. D., Aberle, E. D., Forrest, J. C., Hedrick, H. B., and Merkel, R. A. (1989) Principles of meat science. 2nd ed, Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company, Dubuque, IA, pp. 271- 287.
- Kohsaka, K. (1975) Freshness preservation of food and measurement. Food Industry 18, 105-111.
- Lee, S. K., Kim, H. J., Kang, S. M., Choi, W. H., Muhlisin, Ahn, B. K., Kim, C. J., and Kang, C. W. (2011) Quality comparison of Chuncheon Dakgalbi made with Ross broilers, Hy-line brown chicks and White mini broilers meat. Korean J. Poultry Sci. 38, 113-119. https://doi.org/10.5536/KJPS.2011.38.2.113
- Ma, H. J. and Ledward, D. A. (2004) High pressure/thermal treatment effects on the texture of beef muscle. Meat Sci.68, 347-355. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2004.04.001
- Miguel, J. A., Asenjo,B., Ciria, J., and Clavo, J. L. (2008) Effect of caponisation on growth and on carcass meat characteristics in CastellanaNegra native Spanish chicken. Animal 2, 305-311.
- Nychas, G. J. E., Drosinos, E. H., and Board, R. G. (1998) Chemical changes in stored meat. In: The Microbiology of Meat and Poultry. Blackie Academic and Professional, London, pp. 288-326.
- Shahidi, F. (1998) Flavor of meat, meat products and sea foods. 2nd ed, Blackie academic and professional, London, UK.
- Sindelar, J. J. and Milkowski, A. L. (2011) Sodium nitrite in processed meat and poultry meats: a review of curing and examining the risk/benefit of its use. AMSA white paper series 3, 1-14.
- Sinnhuber, R. O. and Yu, T. C. (1977) The 2-thiobarbituric acid reaction, an objective measure of the oxidative deterioration occurring in fats and oils. J. Jpn. Soc. Fish Sci. 26, 259-267.
- Smith, D. P., Northcutt, J. K., and Steinberg, E. L. (2012) Meat quality and sensory attributes of a conventional and a label rouge-type broiler strain obtained at retail. Poultry Sci. 91, 1489-1495. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.2011-01891
- Wang, K. H., Shi, S. R., Dou, T. C., and Sun H. J. (2009) Effect of a free-range raising system on growth performance, carcass yield, and meat quality of slow-growing chicken. Poultry Sci. 88, 2219-2223. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.2008-00423
- Wattanachant, S., Benjakul, S., and Ledward, D. A. (2004) Composition, color, and texture of Thai endigenous and broiler chicken muscles. Poultry Sci. 83, 123-128. https://doi.org/10.1093/ps/83.1.123