- Volume 26 Issue 6
An experimental study on the hydrodynamic performance of a backward bent duct buoy (BBDB) was performed in a 2D wave tank. The BBDB is one of the promising oscillating water column (OWC) types of floating wave energy converters. Two different corner-shaped BBDBs (sharp-corner and round-corner) were used to measure the maximum chamber surface elevations and body motions for various incident wave conditions, and their hydrodynamic characteristics were compared. In order to investigate the effect of the pneumatic pressure inside the chamber, the heave and pitch angle interacted with elevations were compared for both open chamber and partially open chamber BBDBs. From the comparison study, the deviation in the chamber surface elevations between the two shapes of BBDBs was found to be significant near the resonance period, which may be explained by viscous energy loss. It was also found that the pneumatic pressure noticeably affected the chamber surface elevation and body motions.
진동수주;부유식 파력발전기;챔버 공기압;수면 변위;운동응답함수;2차원 수조 실험
- Hong, D.C., Hong, S.Y., Hong, S.W., 2004. Numerical Study of the Motions and Drift Force of a Floating OWC Device. Ocean Engineering, 31, 139-164. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-8018(03)00118-5
- Imai, Y., Toyata, K., Nagata, S., Setoguchi, T., Oda, J., Matsunaga, N., Manago, Y., Shimozono, T., 2009. Experimental Study on Negative Drift Force acting on a Floating OWC-type Wave Energy Converter "Backward Bent Duct Buoy". Proceedings of the 19th International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference, ISOPE, Osaka Japan, 331-338.
- Kim, J.H., Lew, J.M., Hong, D.H., Hong, S.W., 2006. A Study on Motion and Wave Drift Force of a BBDB Type OWC Wave Energy Device. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 20(2), 22-28.
- Koo, W.C., Kim, M.H., 2010. Nonlinear Time-Domain Simulation of a Land-Based Oscillating Water Column. Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal, and Ocean Engineering, 136 (5), 276-285. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)WW.1943-5460.0000051
- Koo, W.C., Kwon, J.S., Kim, J.D., Kim, S.J., Kim, M.W., Choi, M.G., 2012. Experimental Study of Shape Parameter of Land-based OWC Wave Energy Converter. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 26(3), 33-38. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2012.26.3.033
- Lee, K., 2011. Numerical Analysis and Experiment of a Backward Bent Duct Buoy Wave Power Device. Master Thesis, Univ. of Ulsan, Korea.
- Lee, K.H., Park, J.H., Kim, D.S., 2012. Numerical Simulation of Irregular Airflow within Wave Power Converter Using OWC by Action of 3-Dumensional Irregular Waves. Journal of Korean Society of Coastal and Ocean Engineers, 24(3), 189-202. https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2012.24.3.189
- Masuda, Y., 1987. Experiences in Pneumatic Wave Energy Conversion, Utilization of ocean waves ASCE, 1-33.
- Masuda, Y., Xianguang, L., Xiangfan G., 1993. High Performance of cylinder Float Backward Bent Duct Buoy(BBDB) and its use in European Seas. 1993 European Wave Energy Symposium, 323-337.
- McComick, M., Sheehan, W., 1992. Positive drift of Backward-Bent Duct barge. Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal, and Ocean Engineering, 118(1), 106-111. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-950X(1992)118:1(106)
- Toyota, K., Nagata, S., Imai, Y., Setoguchi, T., 2009. Research for evaluating performance of OWC-type Wave Energy Converter Backward Bent Duct Buoy. Proceedings of the 8th European Wave and Tidal Energy Conference, Uppsala Sweden, 901-913.
- 1. Investigation of Characteristics of Waves Generated in Two-Dimensional Wave Channel vol.27, pp.4, 2013, doi:10.5574/KSOE.2012.26.6.053
- 2. Nonlinear hydrodynamic and real fluid effects on wave energy converters vol.229, pp.7, 2015, doi:10.5574/KSOE.2012.26.6.053
- 3. Development of a Moving Body Type Wave Power Generator using Wave Horizontal Motions and Hydraulic Experiment for Electric Power Production vol.28, pp.2, 2016, doi:10.5574/KSOE.2012.26.6.053
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 한국연구재단