- Volume 26 Issue 6
The motions and drift forces of side-by-side moored FSRU and LNGC including the sloshing effect, were studied using experiments. The FSRU and LNGC contained LNG cargo tanks and the LNG sloshing could affect the motions and drift forces of the structures due to its coupling with floating body motion. The effect of coupling can vary with the LNG filling level, and the effect of the filling level was investigated. The coupling effect was stronger at lower filling level. It was confirmed that longitudinal sloshing influenced the surge and surge mean drift force in head sea. In addition, gap flow affected the sway and mean drift forces. Sloshing attenuated the sway and yaw excited by gap flow in side-by-side configuration.
- Cho, S.K., 2012. A Study on the Motion Behaviour of Sideby- Side Moored Two Floaters Including Sloshing Effects. PhD Thesis, Seoul National University, KOREA.
- Cho, S.K., Sung, H.G., Hong, S.Y., Hong, S.W., 2011. Experimental Study on the Effect of Sloshing on Side-by-Side moored FSRU and LNGC. Proceedings of 21th International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference (ISOPE), Maui USA.
- Cho, S.K., Sung, H.G., Hong, S.Y., Hong, S.W., 2012. Experimental Study on the Side-by-Side Offloading Operation of FSRU and LNGC. Proceedings of 22th International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference (ISOPE), Rhodos Greece.
- Clauss, G.F., Testa, D., Sprenger, F., 2010. Coupling Effect Between Tank Sloshing and Motions of a LNG Carriers. Proceedings of 29th International Conference Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE), Shanghai China.
- Faltinsen, O.M., Timokha, A.N., 2009. Sloshing. Cambridge University.
- Gaillarde, G., Ledoux, A., Lynch, M., 2004. Coupling between Liquified Gas and Vessel's Motion for Partially Filled Tanks: Effect on Seakeeping, Design & Operation of Gas Carriers. RINA.
- Hansen, H.F., Cartensen, S., Christensen, E.D. and Kirkegaard, J., 2009. Multi Vessel Interaction in Shallow Water. Proceedings of 28th International Conference Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE), Hawaii USA.
- Hong, S.Y., Kim, J.H., Cho, S.K., Choi, Y.R., Kim, Y.S., 2005. Numerical and Experimental Study on Hydrodynamic Interaction of Side-by-Side Moored Multiple Vessels. Ocean Engineering, 32, 783-801. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2004.10.003
- Hong, Y.P., Wada, Y., Choi, Y., Kim, S., 2009. An Experimental and Numerical Study on the Motion Characteristics of Side-by-Side Moored LNG-FPSO and LNG Carrier. Proceedings of 19th International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference (ISOPE), Osaka Japan.
- Jeong, H.S., Kim, M., Lee, J., Kim, B., Ha, M.G., 2010. Offloading Operability Analysis of Side-by-Side Moored LNG FPSO. Proceedings of 9th ISOPE Pacific/Asia Offshore Mechanics Symposium, Busan Korea.
- Kim, Y.H., Nam, B.W., Kim D.W., Kim, Y.S., 2007. Study on Coupling Effects of Ship Motion and Sloshing. Ocean Engineering, 34, 2176-2187. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2007.03.008
- Lee, S.J., Kim, M.H., 2008. The Effects of Tank Sloshing on LNG Vessel and Floating Terminal Responses. IWWWFB.
- Lee, S.J., Kim, M.H., Lee, D.H., Kim, J.W., Kim, Y.H., 2007. The Effects of LNG Tank Sloshing on the Global Motions of LNG Carriers. Ocean Engineering, 34, 10-20. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2006.02.007
- Molin, B., 2001, On the Piston and Sloshing Modes in Moonpools. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 430, 27-50. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112000002871
- Pinkster, J.A., 1980. Low Frequency Second Order Wave Exciting Forces on Floating Structures. PhD Thesis, MARIN, Netherland.
- Rognebakke, O.F., Faltinsen, O.M., 2003. Coupling of Sloshing and Ship Motions. Journal of Ship Research, 47(3), 208-221.
- van Daalen E.F.G., Kleefsman, K.M.T., Gerrits, J., Luth, H.R., Veldman, A.E.P., 2001. Anti-Rolling Tank Simulations with a Volume of Fluis(VOF) Based Navier-Stokes Solver. Proceedings of 23rd Symposium on Naval Hydrodynamics.