- Volume 26 Issue 6
The purpose of this paper is to present a rational method for analyzing, designing, or evaluating the spread mooring systems used with floating drilling units. This paper presents a validated model to calculate the catenary static configuration. A semi-resolution approach is presented in this paper that is capable of predicting the static performance of a caisson mooring system. The solution is derived as a function of only three parameters, which can be solved numerically by implementing different kinds of boundary conditions. The efficiency and accuracy of the method permit quick parametric studies for the optimal selection of the system particle, which is undoubtedly useful for a preliminary design. A number of numerical examples demonstrate the validity of the adopted approach. The paper contains a complete description of the test cases and reports the results in such a way that it can provide a "benchmark" test for users and programmers of computer codes for flexible riser analysis.
Semi-resolution;Mooring System;Numerical Studies;static analysis;computer programs
- Eames, M.C., 1968. Steady-state theory of towing cable. Trans. R1NA 110, 185-204.
- Every, M.J., 1982. A computer program for the static analysis of umbilical cables to undersea remotely operated vehicles. BHRA Project 21708, U.K.
- Irvine, H.M., 1981. Cable Structure. MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachussetts.
- Kojima, J., Shirasaki, Y. Asakawa, K., 1986. Measurement and analysis of hydrodynamics of ROVs tether cable. Proc. ROV'86 Conference, Aberdeen, U.K.
- Macgregor, P.G., 1990. The statics and dynamics of deeply submerged directly tethered subsea units. Ph.D. thesis, Marine Technology Centre, University of Strathclyde, U.K.
- Triantafyllou, M.S., 1982. Preliminary design of mooring systems. J. Ship Res. 26, 25-35.
- Leonard, J.W., Nath, J.H., 1981. Comparison of finite element and lumped parameter methods for oceanic cables. Engineering Structures 3(3), 153-167. https://doi.org/10.1016/0141-0296(81)90024-9
- Webster, R.L., 1975. Non-linear static and dynamic response of underwater cable structures using finite element approach. In: Proceedings of the 7th Offshore Technology Conference, Houston, OTC 2322, 753-764.
- Peyrot, A.H., 1980. Marine cable structures. Journal of Structural Division 106 (ST12), 2391-2404.
- Peyrot, A.H. Goulios, A.M., 1979. Analysis of cable structures. Computers and Structures 10(5), 805-813. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7949(79)90044-0
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Pusan National University