- Volume 13 Issue 9
- Dorff T, Longo VD (2011). Fasting as an adjunct to treatment for cancer: clinical trials at USC to further define the possible benefits and explore the impact for prostate cancer patients. PCRI Insights, 14, 10-2.
- Huang XL, Fu CJ, Bu RF (2011). Role of circadian clocks in the development and therapeutics of cancer. J Int Med Res, 39, 2061-6. https://doi.org/10.1177/147323001103900601
- Klement RJ, Kammerer U (2011). Is there a role for carbohydrate restriction in the treatement and prevention of cancer? Nutr Metab, 8, 75. https://doi.org/10.1186/1743-7075-8-75
- Laviano A, Fanelli FR (2012). Toxicity in chemotherapy- when less is more. N Engl J Med, 366, 2319-20. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMcibr1202395
- Lee C, Raffaghello I, Brandhorst S (2012). Fasting cycles retard growth of tumors and sensitize a range of cancer cell types to chemotherapy. Sci Transl Med, 4, 124-7.
- Maximo V, Sobrinho-Simoes M (2000). Hurthle cell tumours of the thyroid. A review with emphasis on mitochondrial abnormalities with clinical relevance. Virchows Arch, 437, 107-15. https://doi.org/10.1007/s004280000219
- Petit PX, Kroemer G (1998). Mitochondrial regulation of apoptosis. In 'Mitochondial DNA Mutations in Aging, Disease and Cancer', Ed Singh KK. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany pp 147-65.
- Safdie FM, Dorff T, Quinn D, et al (2007). Fasting and cancer treatment in humans: A case series report. Aging, 1, 988- 1007.
- University of Southern California. Fasting weakens cancer in mice. ScienceDaily. Retrieved June 29, from http://www.sciencedaily.com¬/releases/2012/02/120208152254.htm. 2012.
- Warburg O (1930). Metabolism of Tumors. Arnold Constable, London, UK.
- Zamzami N, Susin SA, Marchetti P, et al (1996). Mitochondrial control of nuclear apoptosis. J Exp Med, 183, 1533-44. https://doi.org/10.1084/jem.183.4.1533